Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1365

About time i checked in here. Jumped on the scales yesterday at 131.6 . Which means ive put on 30 kgs in the last 30 months since changing job roles.I have always been fairly big so my goal is to get to 100 as i havent been under it since i was 15.
    Will be in the gym tommorrow starting c25k and stronglifts (have done both before fairly successfuly). Hopefully drop some weight fairly quickley to start then a slower more constant loss untill i hit my goals.
    Goals 4.9.16 = 113
    25.12.16=105

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

I've decided to weigh myself on the gym scales from here on in, given that I had the PT measurement on that set (which was 97.1). What I'll probably do is settle on an early morning workout day (most likely Sun morning) and use that for my weigh ins.

Following on from the PT advice, I've focused on the HIIT stuff, with either half an hour cycling (using a virtual setup they have set up with a range of 30 or 50 minute ride workouts), or a mix of interval stuff on the treadmill and cycling. I'll also throw in the occasional strength routine, whether it be dumbbells or other equipment. I'll also incorporate some outside oval sprints and the like into my weekend routine.

Tonight after my cardio/cycling workout I was 96.0.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Good work to both of you. It sneaks up on you real quick doesn't it gw especially if you enjoy your food/beer (like most of us) and have a fairly sedentary job. Gosh I miss beer..... So worth it though, and will start having more soon.

So you must be down about 7 or 8 kilos now Kristian? That's good going.

Honesty I reckon you'll bust yourself if you do 50 minute HIIT sessions often. I was doing 30 minute sessions 5 days a week and in hindsight I think that was probably a little too much, it worked well but gee it was hard going and I used to skip them fairly regularly (and then I'd feel guilty and flex off work early and do them in the arvo!) It sounds like you've put some thought into it though.

Now I'm doing weights 3 days a week I do 2x20 minute sessions on recovery days and just do heaps of walking pretty much every day. The weight loss has slowed up a little, but I'm also eating a little more. Still very much calorie counting though.
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

18-19 kg since the start of the year, but only 4 or so since mid April (was fairly static between then and when the gym opened 4 weeks ago). I have a pic of me at 2011 Champs that is very unflattering, and a pic I took a week or 2 ago that's indicative of where I am now...will upload them later on.

I agree that 50 mins is probably a stretch. I've only tried the 30 min sessions on the virtual cycling and they are well structured in terms of warming you up, then pushing you by simulating climbs and fast downhills with a mix of cadence and resistance levels, then a cool down. 4 of those per week is what I'm currently aiming for.

Plus the PT has given me a food list of stuff to eat before/after workouts...his main snack idea was rice cakes and tuna, with either chilli flakes or spring onion pre-workout, and a protein shake of some sort after.

Wow, OK - sorry for selling you short, that's awesome! I must have only started paying proper attention over the past few months....

Sounds a lot like my elliptical does, 4mins warmup, then intervals of mostly 30 seconds (a couple of one minute ones too) with breaks in between, then 4 mins warm downs. I definitely know about it after doing a session....

Tuna is good, I don't love it but I'm starting to incorporate it into my diet too. Bought some the other day, Woolworths have little tins of their Select stuff with salsa, chilli and a bunch of other flavours. They're only 150cal or so with a fair amount of protein, a bit of (good) fat and bugger all carbs. Had a salsa one the other day on some cruskits and was pleasantly surprised, but rice crackers would be better than cruskits. If you want high protein low carb then cottage cheese is also good, bought some of that tonight, one other good thing is I'm tending to eat more eggs, especially on workout days.

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

So i've recently picked up an Apple Watch, and I'm running Gym Log+ for my workouts. Will report back on it in a few weeks, but early impressions are that it's stable enough to use on the watch. Which is sweet - headphones on, phone in bag, run everything from your wrist. Excellent.
    Cobra Fly Z+ w/ Fujikura Pro 63x
    Cobra BioCell+ 16.5* w/ Diamana D+ 72s
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro 3-PW w/ Modus 120 S
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52*/56*
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 (knuckled)

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Bump. Stilll at 83kg

73.8kg this morning. I actually had a cheat day yesterday and jumped .8kg but it will come off pretty quick. What's better though is body fat still dropped, I'm at 18% even.

6 months today since I started this caper and roughly 32kgs gone.

I ordered a new power rack and Olympic weights last week. Then spent a good chunk of the weekend building a platform for it. Shit just got real!

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BenM View Post
    73.8kg this morning. I actually had a cheat day yesterday and jumped .8kg but it will come off pretty quick. What's better though is body fat still dropped, I'm at 18% even.

6 months today since I started this caper and roughly 32kgs gone.

I ordered a new power rack and Olympic weights last week. Then spent a good chunk of the weekend building a platform for it. Shit just got real!
    Congrats mate, Awesome effort. I need to get back into the pattern and stay at the number I am happy with. Getting into the pattern that put it all on in the 1st place.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Gym was closed over the weekend because they needed to do some work on the soundproofing of the floors after some complaints from residents who live above the premises, so no activity to speak of. Add to that a pizza on Sat night and some other snacking yesterday...so effectively I've had a cheat weekend.

My last weigh in about 9 days ago was 95.4, so expecting to be at least a kg over that when I head out for my usual workout in an hour or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    Congrats mate, Awesome effort. I need to get back into the pattern and stay at the number I am happy with. Getting into the pattern that put it all on in the 1st place.
    Thanks mate. My 40th is a few weeks away but I smashed my target way before that so I'm chuffed. Yeah that's the battle isn't it.... I reckon losing it is the easy part. I don't think I'll ever be able to let up; I did that once before and ended up right back where I started.

Blog Entries

So a little bit of a progress report.
    Today I am 3/4 or the way towards some lower body targets.
    70kg squat (goal is 100kg) and 160kg leg press (goal is 200kg).

Both felt reasonably ok, leg press easier than the squat.

Have also started getting past the first of my running goals (admittedly it hasn't been a focus this year) but will look to hitting another mark when I do bridge to Brisbane again this year.

Insert witty tapatalk signature here.

Good work Tim. You will get there, I have no doubt. 100kg squat should be easy enough if you work at it according to everything I've read - I was up to 5x5 @ 55kg before I sold my crappy cage, after only 4 weeks on SL. Still waiting on the new one so haven't been able to get back to it.

I was under par yesterday - 71.9 kg @ 17.9% BF, today 72kg @ 17.7%. I'm really wanting to push to sub 15% (which will probably end up being sub 70kg) before I up the food intake and focus on weights more. Still training hard but can't really squat or bench press anything substantial without the cage.

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

I'm continuing to make good progress on several fronts...

Current weight is 93.8 on the gym scales. I've started focusing more on weights (dumbbell curls, squats, bench press...a mix of the 5x5 and some other sets that I've been following via Men's Fitness on my Facebook feed). So protein shakes have been added to the diet. Not as much cardio.

That said, tonight I "smashed" out my first meaningful 5km, albeit on a treadmill and with a couple of 1-2 min walking stints. Pretty happy with 28 mins, but I'm keen to actually get outside and do it somewhere that is a bit more visually stimulating. Goal is to start doing a local park run every other week (Sat morning 5k at the Olympic regatta centre).

Default Fat Bastards Unite!

That's great news Kristian, weight is coming down and strength will come up. And I am actually really enjoying protein shakes - my current go to is the Protein Matrix blend from Bulk Nutrients, they have a limited edition salted caramel flavour at the moment which I just ordered last night, I reckon it'll be delicious. So get into them!

Park run is a good goal too, I have been considering it myself, we have them here in Launnie. But then I just did a 5.2k walk round my town pushing a pram, that was hard enough.... I hate cardio. But like you it's not my focus now.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default Fat Bastards Unite!

Start with a jog/walk strategy to get the body used to it. There's no need to run 5k in one go when you start.

There are plenty of walkers at Parkrun, as well.

Blog Entries

So the Spartan Race Trifecta weekend has officially been green lighted. All three distances over a single weekend.
    Time to reevaluate the training plan I guess.

Insert witty tapatalk signature here.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

I might still be a fat bastard, but I played 98 minutes of footy yesterday (after a late callup on Friday) with about half of that on ball.

I might be able to walk normally by Thursday.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

I bought a set of body analysis scales over the weekend so that I could keep tabs on my body fat percentages as well as the weight...so my weigh ins will revert to a Mon morning.

Today I registered 95kg, 19.2% body fat. I haven't been doing anywhere near as much cardio this past week as I have weights (only a couple of visits to the gym over the week due to a busy schedule), but will get some good time this week to evaluate the balance of what I'm doing and work my way down a few % in the body fat stakes.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Inspirational.

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Hovering at the moment around 93kg and 18ish% body fat. PT's got me on a simple squats/medicine ball/kettlebell/weights circuit as a foundational workout plan for the next fortnight or so. Should help continue in developing better upper body strength, plus help with my training for Great Cycle Challenge in October.

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Still around the 93kg mark, and have entered 6 a side soccer season with a team I'd played for a couple of years ago

First game tonight...played the whole 30 mins (2 x 15 mins) because we didn't have any subs available. Whilst I was somewhat exhausted at the end of it, I didn't feel as if I hit the wall too early (I vividly remember my first game a few years back when I hit the wall 2-3 mins in and had to be subbed off).

So October will be a fairly packed month with that on Tue nights, my Great Cycle Challenge commitments, club champs, and continuing with my gym work.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Happily sitting in the 82-85kg mark. Helps when Rachelle is on the Michelle Bridges plan. She is going great losing 13kg since July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Great to hear you guys are still going well with it.

Me, I got obsessed with trying to see my abs and bottomed out at 68.4kg in mid August, with body fat in the mid 15% range according to the scales. At that point I decided I was really getting too thin and the chase for a six pack could wait, it was also making weight training really hard when I was still eating at a caloric deficit.

I'm completely off the meal replacement shakes now, still tracking calories, and really trying to gain strength and muscle. I eat 5 or 6 quality (not big) meals a day, weight training 3 times a week, and walking/golf most other days. Unfortunately I am still a bit stuffed in the head about food and obsess over everything, I haven't actually gained a great deal of weight, been hovering between 70-71kg for the past 3 or 4 weeks, body fat high 15s/low 16s depending on the day. Which is both good and bad, I guess.....

Ultimately I'd like to gain about 5-6kg of muscle, and be able to bench 100kg for reps like my brother in law. Which seems a long way off from my laughably low numbers at the moment - but I'm making progress and on the right track. I have had a niggling lower back injury for the past couple of months, which I just can't seem to get right, that's not helping training either.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by BenM View Post
    Great to hear you guys are still going well with it.

Me, I got obsessed with trying to see my abs and bottomed out at 68.4kg in mid August, with body fat in the mid 15% range according to the scales. At that point I decided I was really getting too thin and the chase for a six pack could wait, it was also making weight training really hard when I was still eating at a caloric deficit.

I'm completely off the meal replacement shakes now, still tracking calories, and really trying to gain strength and muscle. I eat 5 or 6 quality (not big) meals a day, weight training 3 times a week, and walking/golf most other days. Unfortunately I am still a bit stuffed in the head about food and obsess over everything, I haven't actually gained a great deal of weight, been hovering between 70-71kg for the past 3 or 4 weeks, body fat high 15s/low 16s depending on the day. Which is both good and bad, I guess.....

Ultimately I'd like to gain about 5-6kg of muscle, and be able to bench 100kg for reps like my brother in law. Which seems a long way off from my laughably low numbers at the moment - but I'm making progress and on the right track. I have had a niggling lower back injury for the past couple of months, which I just can't seem to get right, that's not helping training either.
    Amazing effort, Ben. I'm jealous of your willpower & dedication.
    Do you think the weight loss has affected your golf?
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Thread Information