Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 1000 AUD, Received: 650 AUD (65%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 236 FirstFirst ... 41 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 5885

Thread: News of the Day

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by just View Post
    Fair enough point taken. Like I said I'll stay out of it.
    You can't through the racism card and then bail out Just....throwing stones and running away isn't how its done mate

However simple fact is race has a lot to do with it. Culturally different races see thing differently. Culturally and criticism of Australian actions (ie as a polynational culture) will see us bend over bare our asses and get it kicked till its blue and black rather than take the hard line stance.
    Other races/cultures with a much more developed sense of cultural worth through it up as the reason for actions particularly those that others find offensive.

Certainly the Japanese throw it up as their rationale....the ATSI australians throw it up on their reason duegong and turtle hunting. As soon as their is a cultural reason its apparently a defensible action regardless of whether there is a commercial alternative ie going to the shop and buying a packet of bangers.

The reason we ban hunting of vulnerable species is that the populations are under pressure from human encroachment on habitat or food stocks or life practices.
    Heck I don't have kids - never will but sure as hell I will support anything that will make this place just a little bit more likely to survive for YOUR progeny.

SS might be not exactly playing nice but its getting international exposure which forces domestic political agendas and that forces diplomatic pressure.
    Cheers
    Craig

[<a href=http://i.imgur.com/q7UYKtc.jpg target=_blank><u><font size=2><font color=#0000ff><font size=2><font color=#0000ff>http://i.imgur.com/q7UYKtc.jpg</font></font></font></font></u></a>

WITB
    G30 LS 10.5* Attas5; Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood; Adams Proto DHY Super 18*/21*Kurokage; Cally Apex Pro 4-PW Steelfibre 110cw; Sky Dream Jump 51*; TVD 60* and Odyssey Black Series #1

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Hux, I'll admit one of them was half my fault, I told the driver to take a shortcut to avoid the usual breathos, by turning right then a sharp left, he missed the left and got stopped about 200m further along.

And another one was a Priest, but i think he just ran out of luck
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Hux View Post
    The reason we ban hunting of vulnerable species is that the populations are under pressure from human encroachment on habitat or food stocks or life practices.
    Hux
    Was only bailing because it was/is becoming a pointless discussion. I agree wholeheartedly with most of the points you raise in this post.
    If this is your objection to Japanese whaling though, you therefore shouldn't object to it, because they don't hunt endangered or vulnerable species.
    Given they only hunt species whose numbers can sustain hunting, the only rational objection to whaling can be on the grounds of cruelty. It is an extremely cruel way to die. I don't support whaling, I have never stated that I do.
    Go back and read my posts to can see why I object to Sea Shepherd, and it has nothing to do with being pro-whaling.
    On that basis I have said enough.
    cheers
    just

they don't hunt endangered or vulnerable species.
    Humpback?

I know they haven't killed any this season, but there were 50 in the quota in 2007/2008.

Why would anyone care about whaling anyway, its evolution.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Waa waa waa someone wants to eat the big fat fish. Get over it. It is sustainable.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    its evolution
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    big fat fish
    ITT: Obvious bait.

Quote Originally Posted by henno View Post
    Humpback?

I know they haven't killed any this season, but there were 50 in the quota in 2007/2008.
    Why are we keeping this going? You and I both know that Humpbacks are making a stunning comeback and it is not listed as vulnerable anymore. And the Japanese didn't actually end up taking any. And we still manage to avoid any of the relevant points.

Yes they are making a stunning comeback, but still nowhere near pre-hunting days. And I know the Japanese didn't take any. The one thing we can probably agree on is that the humpback quota was probably a political bargaining chip and nothing more.

"I'll kill your mother and your dog, but if you agree to my terms then I'll agree to only kill your dog."

Your point was they are vulnerable and they are not, and therefore you are wrong. So what actually is your position on this Henno, since you've skillfully managed to avoid saying anything of substance. You seem to be needling me for no apparent reason. I am not pro-whaling.

Banned

I havent read many of the posts on the ship running into the greenies, my opinion is the dick driving the flash boat is to blame.

How many of you have steered a ship of that size? i have and they don't turn or stop fast, for the greenies to say they were rammed is bullshit, that driver just got too close, he ****ed up

Your point was they are vulnerable and they are not, and therefore you are wrong.
    If my memory serves me correctly, they were only taken off the vulnerable list in 2008 - some time after the Japanese announced the quotas for 2007/2008 season.

Yes, before you jump in like a dog on a bone I know none were eventually taken, but I think the point was still worth mentioning. By including them in the quota while they were still on the vulnerable list the Japanese made clear that vulnerable species could and would be targeted.

So what actually is your position on this Henno, since you've skillfully managed to avoid saying anything of substance.
    I think there is as much substance in there as any, but thanks for the backhanded swipe at my involvement in this discussion. I think my position would be best summed up as the following:

I am not pro-whaling.

I think there is as much substance in there as any, but thanks for the backhanded swipe at my involvement in this discussion.
    If you think I've been unfair, please point out your contributions and lay out your position on the matter, and I'll apologise. You've done nothing but have backhanded swipes at me IMO. This discussion is pointless.

you sir are a legend

best website EVER! goodbye bandwidth

I'm not sure what you're after, just. A diatribe about my my entire position on Japanese whaling as a whole? No, I have not provided that if that is indeed the "substance" you are looking for. Where is your thesis outlining your position on the issue? I think we've both contributed enough to each point as it has been raised. Saying there is no substance whatsoever is a little disingenuous in my view.

And I apologise if you think I've done nothing but have a go at you. All I can do is assure you that wasn't my intention. Points have been raised and I have rebutted, as have you. Nothing more, nothing less.

ITT: Obvious bait.
    Very obvious bait, no question about it.

The treehugger philosophy just doesn't make sense to me.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    China realises and publicly does what we all think needs to be done.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...30/2782405.htm
    that is gold

Horse rolls on woman: reported to be in a stable condition

A pleb journo working on New Years Day in the ABC new room is probably chuckling to themselves about how clever they were in writing that.
    thats gotta hurt, horses are f***ing heavy. Great title tho...lol
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G430 LST 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    7 Wood: Ping G430 w Alta CB 65g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Falcon & Mustang will share RWD platform in next update.

http://carshowroom.com.au/Review.aspx?id=720

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by BrisVegas View Post
    Falcon & Mustang will share RWD platform in next update.

http://carshowroom.com.au/Review.aspx?id=720
    Aren't they also going to make the Focus a standard model for worldwide distribution ?
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

yes, the Fiesta & Focus have gone global too.

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

My Mum has worked at this joint for 25 years!!!

Job ad boob-boo plagues Border Express
    By Josh Mehlman, ZDNet.com.au
    13 January 2010 11:55 AM
    Tags: ad, developer, jobs, seek, border express, quinn, advertisement, we've

Software developers looking for work in the Albury, New South Wales area last weekend were shocked to discover that local transport firm Border Express was seeking a candidate with some unusual talents.
    The job advertisement on employment website seek.com.au listed a range of standard technology qualifications and personal skills, as well as "DD cup breasts, slim waist, tight twat" and be willing to undergo "a pre-employment strip search to ensure they meet the requirements of the position".
    The advertisement, which was posted last Friday, had been tampered with over the weekend, most likely by a disgruntled former employee, according to Border Express IT manager Jeff Quinn.
    "We believe someone who left the company or had access to that password thought they were funny and modified the ad," he said.
    Border Express employees did not realise the ad had been modified until midday Monday, when they restored it to its original state. UK technology news site The Register managed to get a screenshot of the doctored ad.
    "We've notified the police and Seek has been helpful with our inquiries," said Quinn. "We're hoping to get the logs from them to get to the bottom of this."
    While the defacement gained the company a lot more publicity and interest than the average IT developer advertisement, reactions were mostly negative.
    "We've had some fairly angry people flick us an email, particularly some of the women who saw the advert," said Quinn. "Some of the responses we've had thought it was serious.
    "If anyone reads the ad, surely they would be able to tell it wasn't a company approved stunt or anything like that. "As a company, we invest a lot of time and resources into breaking the stereotypical image of the transport industry. We do a lot of work to make sure bullying and harassment don't occur. So [this incident] hasn't been looked on favourably in the company."
    Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Who saw this yesterday....

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1225819071357

Fweaks me out.
    Nickent 4DX Tour 9*
    TM V-Steel 15*
    Adams Pro 20* 23*
    Adams CB2 5-PW
    Cleveland Reg.588 - 50/10, 54/12, 58/8
    Odyssey Black 1 wide
    Ping Hoofer

I would have bet that was found in NZ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
    I would have bet that was found in NZ...
    Or Wales...!

Senior Member Major Winner

Bwahahaha. No wait, hang on.

If this wasn't so close to home it'd be funny.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...003402,00.html

The high-security jail, west of Mareeba in far north Queensland, home to convicted killers and violent offenders has been in lockdown as prison guards intensively searching every cell one-by-one.
    Oh dear.

Thread Information