Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    Ok finally a good round to report as I've been playing ave at best for a long time. Started the round with sculled 3 wood off the tee and got lucky it rolled straight down the fw leaving me a nice 6 iron into the green which I proceeded to hit a half hosel rocket the trees. Hit a lucky bump and run of the wood chips to about 15 feet and holed the putt for par. Bogeyed 2 and bombed driver down 3 as well which I then proceed to hit another hosel rocket. Lucy to save bogey, then bogey the next hole as well. +3 after the toughest 4 holes at my home club isn't to bad at all. Parred 5 after hitting just off the fringe. Birdied the par 5 6th after bombing driver, 3 wood and chipped it to 4 feet. . Missed the green on 7 and got up and down for par there as well. Bombed driver up 8 leaving 45m in and hit the worse chip of the day barely scraping onto the green and 2putted for par. Hit just off the fairway on 9 and drew a shit lie that I would chunk short right of the green. Chipped it to about 5 feet and hit the worse putt I would all day.Skulled another 3 wood 10, like 1 straight down the guts. Easy GIR and 2 putt for par. Play the par 4 11th as a 3 shotter leaving 67m for my 3rd and knocked it to about 2feet for birdie. Pulled it left on Par 3 12th but got a friend kick off the mounds to stay out of the hazard and got it up and down there as well. Tree trouble on Par 5 13th off the tee but still manage to leave a wedge for me 3rd for an easy 2 putt par. Missed the green on 14 and got it up and down for par. Bombed drive on 15 for easy 3/4 sandy wedge into about 10feet and just gave it too much break. Regulation par on 16.17 was a big pull off the tee with the 3 wood into the trees. Try to run it to the front of the green and hit some trees but got lucky and got a clear shot from 97m. Knock that to 15feet and canned the putt for par. Finished the round with a good drive up 18, spun a 9i off the front but it was an easy putt from off the fringe. Left the putt about 1 role short for birdie but happy with the par finish. Stats:41 points off 7 (+2 off the stick)2 x Birdies 8 Greens8 FW0 x 3 putts27putts0 lost balls 2 shanks
    Sounds like your 3 wood was misbehaving. Better buy a new driver. 😁

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by Dcanto View Post
    Sounds like your 3 wood was misbehaving. Better buy a new driver.
    I was in the fairway both times so it was fine.

Followed up Monday's round with 35 today. Started with another skulled 3 wood but this one got airborne and once again it split the fairway. Hit the ball well today without holing any good birdie putts and I had a 3 putt. Only birdie I made was on 13 which was a 2 putt birdie.

Bogeyed 7 (3putt) and 9 going out for +3 and doubled 10 and 18 with a bogey on 24 cancelling out my birdie on 13 for +4 on the back nine.

Hopefully good form leading into Club Champs but who the hell knows.

Stats.

35 points off 6.
    1 x birdie
    33putts
    1 x 3 putts
    9 greens
    0 x lost balls.

Thread Information