Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 183 of 214 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 193 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 5336
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oncewasagolfer View Post
    No it was graphite shaft with some white plumbers tape under the adaptor. Seems like a dodgy effort at best.
    This is exactly why I rarely buy anything used anymore. Never know what kind if dickhead has got hold if it and f@&ked it up.

Senior Member Major Winner

No it was graphite shaft with some white plumbers tape under the adaptor. Seems like a dodgy effort at best.
    That is absolutely disgraceful!

Member Monthly medal winner

Wow - that’s just crazy. While it’s unlikely, doing dodgy work or not taking the proper steps with the right gear can cause serious injury or worse. It’s so frustrating that people don’t take it seriously. How would they feel if their dodgy work failed and hurt their mate/family standing next to them?

Sorry for the rant. I came across this a few weeks ago - another fail from someone who didn’t know what they were doing (not me).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Hi,
    If I take a shaft out of a M2 3w playing at 42.25" then ad a Callaway adapter and put in a 2014 Big Bertha head. Would it play at 42.75"?

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    Hi,
    If I take a shaft out of a M2 3w playing at 42.25" then ad a Callaway adapter and put in a 2014 Big Bertha head. Would it play at 42.75"?
    The Adapters are the same length, but the TM Adapter is noticeably deeper, so all other things being equal the Callaway set should be longer. I need to double check this as the different hosel may off set this?

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    The Adapters are the same length, but the TM Adapter is noticeably deeper, so all other things being equal the Callaway set should be longer. I need to double check this as the different hosel may off set this?
    Fixed head on M2

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    Fixed head on M2
    Duh!, was thinking M1/R15. OK, a prepped shaft penetrates the Callaway Adapter to a depth of 1 inch. The ferrule adds another 0.375" on the one I measured. I don't have an unglued M2 head I can check this against.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Has anyone bought TM M2/M4 head weights and where from? Any local options? There are heaps of cheap Chinese ones on eBay but they’ll take forever to get here and I’m not sure about the quality. I’m finally getting around to doing it properly instead of just using lead tape and need a 12g weight screw.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Has anyone bought TM M2/M4 head weights and where from? Any local options? There are heaps of cheap Chinese ones on eBay but they’ll take forever to get here and I’m not sure about the quality. I’m finally getting around to doing it properly instead of just using lead tape and need a 12g weight screw.
    Try Greg Bayley on the Facebook group, he is in Sydney too!
    Or lqclearance on Ebay.
    Golflink

WITB
    Ping G400 SFT 12* Accra ST55 Tour Z M5
    Srixon Z355 17* FW Miyazaki Jinsoku S
    RBZ Black 3 HY 19* Rocketfuel 65S
    Srixon Zu65 3 20* Nippon NS Pro 980GH
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW
    Tourstage X Wedge 54/10, 58/12
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red CS 35"

Quote Originally Posted by Steve57 View Post
    Try Greg Bayley on the Facebook group, he is in Sydney too!Or lqclearance on Ebay.
    Thanks mate. Tried Greg and he doesn’t have them. Looks like Billy Bobs and Golfworks have them but only up to 10g. Have taken a punt on one from Amazon.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Any suggestions where I can get some brampton 20/20? Ideally Melbourne...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by keymaster View Post
    Any suggestions where I can get some brampton 20/20? Ideally Melbourne...
    If you don't have any luck getting it locally, try Walkerden. You'll find them online and I'm sure they'll post it to you. They're based in Sydney.

ok... just picked up a AD 45 shaft to play around with that doesnt have a tip or grip on it.
    had a look at the butt end of the shaft... noticed there was a straight line on the inside; is that the spine? or am i just wishful thinking that it is as simple as that?

Has anyone else seen this with Winn Putter Grips?. The Putter I put into the bag today had an old Winn Grip that was disintegrating, had been for a while. So I put on a fresh Winn grip that I had in the cupboard, that was brand new still in the plastic wrap. It also started disintegrating with a hole or two;

IMAG1875[1].jpgIMAG1874[2].jpg

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Yes, on an old grip. (Winn AVS? made for Ping, if I remember correctly.)

I gather it was a reaction to the sunscreen on my hands - Ego Sun Sense Cool Gel that I use for on course re-applies, as it is non greasy. (Probably 70% alcohol and a few other solvents.)
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    Yes, on an old grip. (Winn AVS? made for Ping, if I remember correctly.)

I gather it was a reaction to the sunscreen on my hands - Ego Sun Sense Cool Gel that I use for on course re-applies, as it is non greasy. (Probably 70% alcohol and a few other solvents.)
    Thanks Dotty. A sunscreen reaction crossed my mind, but I would have had a minuscule amount on my hands. I haven't had the same issue in new grips before, Winn or otherwise. I have seen similar, though not a bad or rapid, on really old grips and cheap Chinese made knock offs.

Was it still in the original wrapping? Some polymers react to others in a less-than-ideal way. I have that issue with soft plastic fishing gear from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by henno View Post
    Was it still in the original wrapping? Some polymers react to others in a less-than-ideal way. I have that issue with soft plastic fishing gear from time to time.
    Yep, it was still in the wrap. Soft plastics tend to melt/fuse rather than flake though.

Yep, it was still in the wrap. Soft plastics tend to melt/fuse rather than flake though.
    That is true. Unless it came in contact with some sort of oil, which has happened to me what I wrapped something in a plastic bag in the shed.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Has anyone else seen this with Winn Putter Grips?. The Putter I put into the bag today had an old Winn Grip that was disintegrating, had been for a while. So I put on a fresh Winn grip that I had in the cupboard, that was brand new still in the plastic wrap. It also started disintegrating with a hole or two;

Attachment 48897Attachment 48898
    I used to use Winn grips on pretty much all my clubs. This has happened with the majority of the older grips that I have. When I say older, I'm talking 10+ years.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Attachment 48897Attachment 48898
    Hi Dave, Yes the Winn grips do this, its a chemical reaction to the elements over a period of time more than anything, regular use will also cause this type of abrasion as the heat from your hands wears against the lacquer

A good example is tennis grips, they all do this over time. Winn make a superb grip but have never been good on the durability front

Just bought second hand modus 105 shafts which look like they came out of Mizuno irons. They have weight plugs at the tip.

I want to put these into Miura iron heads. Should I leave the weight plugs in the tip or remove them?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Just bought second hand modus 105 shafts which look like they came out of Mizuno irons. They have weight plugs at the tip.

I want to put these into Miura iron heads. Should I leave the weight plugs in the tip or remove them?
    100% remove them. You could end up with one stuck in the bottom of your Miura iron hosels if you ever pull them out again. Stupid fu$@in things!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    100% remove them. You could end up with one stuck in the bottom of your Miura iron hosels if you ever pull them out again. Stupid fu$@in things!
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Now the next question is how do you remove them? Heat? Drill?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Now the next question is how do you remove them? Heat? Drill?
    Try heat first. They should loosen. If not some physical persuasion might be needed

Thread Information