Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    As a distributor they might palm off all customer service to the resellers, thats very normal.

But then why have a wesite and review systems.

I sent em an email ages ago.... no reply.
    They are the Manufacturers. Buck stops there as far as I am aware.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Steve57 View Post
    That's not the lake with the croc in it I hope?
    Not croc lake.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    You could say the remote malfunctioned, yes.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
    Bahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Best photo ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    Best photo ever.
    Thought solarman doing a shit on Hayseys ute tray was the best photo ever
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

My Navigator is now a touch over 3 years old and starting to wear out in places. It has done around 300 rounds/2700kms so far.

The new remote I bought a year ago is starting to play up. The Forward key has become "sticky" . I have pulled it apart and cleaned it, but it made no difference. The Keypad Skin looks to be the problem, so I will probably order a new one.

I have just given the Navigator a clean up an noticed how chopped out the Wheel Hubs are. The locking slots are probably double their original size now. And the tread is 2/3rds gone as well and starting to shed. So some new wheels will be needed. Has anyone bought the AT Wheels? I was told by MGI they are the same as the standard Navigator (the pattern looks to be the same) but they list them separately (same price). The Hub looks a bit different in the website photos. The traction of the stock wheels is very poor. It has never been good, but I was on the slightest of grades (less than 2%) on wet grass the other day, and even whilst wheel standing (one of its worst habits!) with all the weight on and over the back wheels it was just spinning and going nowhere.

I have heard stories of rear axles wearing out prematurely. Mine are still serviceable, but there is definitely noticeable wear.

One of the bottom strap clips has broken. It will still hold when on, but keeps falling off when not in use.

The holding block that fits on the worm thread on the Umbrella Extension has disappeared. I had lost it once before, but by luck found one on the golf course a few weeks later and refitted it. Not sure if you can just buy the block piece? Perhaps I can cut a piece of timber or similar to size? PITA because a replacement extension is $37 plus P & H. For something that is only usable in light winds anyway.

The Battery Fit Pads I installed (Cloth Tape) to tighten up the fit are looking pretty worn so I will install some new tape.

Gee.... whats the warranty on these suckers?
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Gee.... whats the warranty on these suckers?
    Their standard International Warranty is 2 years. They extend it to 3 years in Oz if you register your buggy online with them within a month of purchase. Note, I don't recall them ever acknowledging the registration though, so might be an interesting point of conversation if it came to it. The biggest issue I see in online complaints, and in my own experience, is the demarcation between what they are willing to warrant and what they fob off as natural wear and tear, or incorrect use.

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    My Navigator is now a touch over 3 years old and starting to wear out in places. It has done around 300 rounds/2700kms so far.

The new remote I bought a year ago is starting to play up. The Forward key has become "sticky" . I have pulled it apart and cleaned it, but it made no difference. The Keypad Skin looks to be the problem, so I will probably order a new one.

I have just given the Navigator a clean up an noticed how chopped out the Wheel Hubs are. The locking slots are probably double their original size now. And the tread is 2/3rds gone as well and starting to shed. So some new wheels will be needed. Has anyone bought the AT Wheels? I was told by MGI they are the same as the standard Navigator (the pattern looks to be the same) but they list them separately (same price). The Hub looks a bit different in the website photos. The traction of the stock wheels is very poor. It has never been good, but I was on the slightest of grades (less than 2%) on wet grass the other day, and even whilst wheel standing (one of its worst habits!) with all the weight on and over the back wheels it was just spinning and going nowhere.

I have heard stories of rear axles wearing out prematurely. Mine are still serviceable, but there is definitely noticeable wear.

One of the bottom strap clips has broken. It will still hold when on, but keeps falling off when not in use.

The holding block that fits on the worm thread on the Umbrella Extension has disappeared. I had lost it once before, but by luck found one on the golf course a few weeks later and refitted it. Not sure if you can just buy the block piece? Perhaps I can cut a piece of timber or similar to size? PITA because a replacement extension is $37 plus P & H. For something that is only usable in light winds anyway.

The Battery Fit Pads I installed (Cloth Tape) to tighten up the fit are looking pretty worn so I will install some new tape.
    I recently replaced my original wheels after about 7 years with these. They are great compared to the originals.

https://www.hillsidebuggies.com.au/p...r-wheel-black/

I recently replaced my original wheels after about 7 years with these. They are great compared to the originals.

https://www.hillsidebuggies.com.au/p...r-wheel-black/
    Thanks JC. Do these fit the Zip Navigator then?

Thanks JC. Do these fit the Zip Navigator then?
    The description says Quad Coaster and Navigator, so I’d guess they would. I have the older G800 navigator and they were fine.

The description says Quad Coaster and Navigator, so I’d guess they would. I have the older G800 navigator and they were fine.
    Thanks JC. I looked up the MGI site parts section and they say that the Axle sizes changed in 2018 (from 12.7mm to 15mm) and they are not interchangeable,unfortunately. They need to make a "Winter" type wheel for the Zips because the standard/AT Wheels are shite tread wise.

The more i read this the less inclined I am to buy a electric buggy.
    --
    Handy-Cap

There are better, cheaper options. I find the MGI Navigator over engineered on features, but under engineered on practicality and function. Its stability is terrible, and the Remote untrustworthy. Why they went away from the Quad style front wheels beats me?. Ironically, they put them back on the AT model and charge extra for the "privilege"!

I play with a number of Electric Buggy users and the feedback and my observations tells me you should consider the QOD and Alphard. They are half the price and better designed imo, and the QOD is Australian designed and made.

https://www.qodgolf.com.au/

https://alphardgolf.com.au/

Thanks JC. I looked up the MGI site parts section and they say that the Axle sizes changed in 2018 (from 12.7mm to 15mm) and they are not interchangeable,unfortunately. They need to make a "Winter" type wheel for the Zips because the standard/AT Wheels are shite tread wise.
    Sounds like you need these: https://www.hillsidebuggies.com.au/p...xoCYEoQAvD_BwE

Which I see are naturally out of stock.

Hillside was great to deal with. Free shipping too.

Thanks Dave. I do have one eye out for the Alphard, whenever my old MGI mum gave me gives up, or the www.kingcaddy.com.au

For the price of some of those MGI's i would go for the skateboard, www.golfskatecaddy.com.au which is also an Australian product, and local to SEQ. My old pennant mate is the GM, and its much cheaper than the one similar alternative. But yes.... i also prefer to walk.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Sounds like you need these: https://www.hillsidebuggies.com.au/p...xoCYEoQAvD_BwE

Which I see are naturally out of stock.

Hillside was great to deal with. Free shipping too.
    That is a shame. I would prefer to buy via them rather than deal direct with MGI.

MGI support continue to be less than helpful. I messaged them about what wheels fit my cart;

David
    the only wheels that are suitable for you zip nav are listed below in the email, you purchase these from the MGI website.

https://mgigolf.com/collections/spar.../wheel+zip-nav

So I then asked them if there was any difference other than Cosmetics;

HI David
    The wheels in the photo are the only wheels that are combatable with your buggy.
    Sigh.....

That is a shame. I would prefer to buy via them rather than deal direct with MGI.

MGI support continue to be less than helpful. I messaged them about what wheels fit my cart;

So I then asked them if there was any difference other than Cosmetics;

Sigh.....
    Hopefully they get stock soon. My only regret with the new wheels was that I didn't get them sooner.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Thanks Dave. I do have one eye out for the Alphard, whenever my old MGI mum gave me gives up, or the www.kingcaddy.com.auFor the price of some of those MGI's i would go for the skateboard, www.golfskatecaddy.com.au which is also an Australian product, and local to SEQ. My old pennant mate is the GM, and its much cheaper than the one similar alternative. But yes.... i also prefer to walk.
    My golfing GP had a unicycle which he rode around the course.... Until the day he stacked and now requires a knee reconstruction

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Thanks JC. I decided to try the AT wheels, they can't be any worse. MGI had some parts I needed that Hillside didn't stock so I placed an order. I am worried how chopped out the hubs are and want to replace the ASAP.

The AT wheels are great.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Still my favourite and best golf Purchase.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Still my most hated and worst golf purchase.....

....and I own a Broomstick putter.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    After 50km of ownership, I am starting to feel the same way

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Thread Information