Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by LarryLong View Post
    Played golf for the first time in over 18 months last week. Renewed my donation/membership and asked my daughter (11) if she'd like to walk a few holes. She enjoyed it so much that she happily walked 9 with me. I challenged her to putt from the edge of the green - my score for the hole vs her score with the putter. She beat me 6-1, mainly because I had a bunch of 7s and an 8. One hole she had 4 putts and unfortunately so did I. I surprised myself by hitting the ball reasonably well, all things considered.

Having an 11 year old girl standing right behind you when you tee off is a good way to keep yourself from swearing when you slice into the trees.
    Glad to hear you are back on course

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Larry, these days 11 year olds know all the words and use them. I transgressed myself today. I hit probably my worst full shot of the day into a bunker instead of over it, said a word that was entirely appropriate after the shot I hit, but I was in earshot of the only group of 4 ladies in the comp. I got some evil looks and had to say sorry.

The high and low of golf is that I then holed the bunker shot for a 3 pointer that saved the round and allowed me to record a satisfactory 34 points. Apart from the hack into the bunker and two duffed chips in a row, I played quite well for my 4th flag round in a row.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I played a round today with one of almost every type of calamity you can experience on a golf course, for 29 points.

I had a duffed chip and followed it up with 3 putt, where the 2nd putt hit a pitchmark I couldn't see. I missed a 2 footer while doing a contortionists stance trying not to stand in another player's line, I had a semi-tantrum one handed air swing on a tap-in, and I hit a sprinkler head with an approach, which caused a wipe. The three shanks in a row will be detailed in another thread.

Apart from those adventures I hit the ball really well. A very strange round.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

30/08/2020, Jindalee GC, Social Nine.

Stats: 3/6 fairways, 2/9 greens, 12 putts.
    Score: PPPPBXbPB; 37 (+4).

That's 48, 40, then 37 in the last three weeks, so things are definitely heading in the right direction. If I didn't go OOB for the second week in a row and triple the 6th, it would have been very tidy.

I'm still struggling with the irons off the deck though, but it's getting there. Twice I hit shockers, but then after dropping a ball and playing it again for practice a couple of times, I hit them great.

With the exception of one, the drives were good, but it was the putting that was the hero of the round. I got up and down a couple of times, when I had no right to; I just kept sinking putts.

Next round: Leon Treadwell Ambrose up at Toowoomba on Friday, but I might look at playing nine somewhere on the way up.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    First 2 rounds of Club Champs. 85 and 84 to be well back of the pack.

I’m going to buy some sh!t to make me feel better.

The only highlight was Hoges making an ace yesterday on the 8th.
    Backed up with another 84 yesterday and a somewhat restorative 78 today.

Today’s rounds was a “what could’ve been”.

Even par thru 8 holes playing really solid before a careless 3 putt bogey on the 9th. Then parred the first 5 holes on the back side with a highlight hitting it to 10ft on the 207m par 3 5th.

Then finished - double, par, triple, par from out of nowhere to drive a dagger deep into my soul.

85,84,84,78 for a really disappointing showing this year.

Today I played my first proper competition round at Oxley after getting my handicap. After hitting 87 on my third card it put me off 12.4, and today off 10. I ended up with 29 points in the end and hit 93 off the stick. Tied for 12th out of 19. Only hit 3 fairways but the misses weren't in bad positions, only a metre or so off the edge most times. Had a couple of blowouts on the front 9 but was more consistent on the back with +7.

Highlight of the day came right after a lowlight. I hit my drive left into the water on the 4th. Dropped another in the rough where it went in, the lie was reasonably steep with the ball above, around 190m out. Aimed about 10-15 metres right of the flag and hit a 4 iron which curled back towards it and ended up a few metres from the hole. Couldn't believe it. Ended up with bogey in the end which I was pretty happy with considering.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

+1 in Par in the Sunday comp at Belconnen, playing off 23. I don't get the hate for Par as a format, as a high handicapper I am way more likely to get a wipe than a four pointer so I think its a much more forgiving format than stableford.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

About 50 balls a day in my garage....sigh
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex
    Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Ping Anser, Anser 2, Scottsdale

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

I holed 32 10 foot putts in a row on my ISO carpet/practice putting green.
    That’s a record for me.
    Previous best was 14.
    Let’s see how it translates to the real thing when (if) courses open up again.
    WITB
    TaylorMade SIM2 MAX 9.0
    / Titleist TSR 15 / Mizuno MP20 HMB 2I /Mizuno MP20 MMC 4I - 6I / Mizuno MP20 MB 7I - PW / Vokey SM6 50.12F, 54.14F / Mizuno MP R series 60.05 / Odyssey 7 White Hot OG

Quote Originally Posted by chappy1970 View Post
    About 50 balls a day in my garage....sigh
    Time to buy a launch monitor? Best investment I’ve made.

I managed to source an old driving range mat which has found the ideal spot in the new place. I just put up the sheet/net/blanket every time I need to use it.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Bushy I was the fortunate recipient of a "Pay it Forward" hitting mate and it's the business.

I'm just trying to keep a little muscle memory at this stage
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex
    Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Ping Anser, Anser 2, Scottsdale

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

I think it was Hank Haney who suggested just 50-100 swings a day is good enough to make it work.

Time to buy a launch monitor? Best investment I’ve made.

I managed to source an old driving range mat which has found the ideal spot in the new place. I just put up the sheet/net/blanket every time I need to use it.
    Given I have a launch monitor on the way please do tell more about this home setup

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Given I have a launch monitor on the way please do tell more about this home setup
    SkyTrack connected up to an iPad Pro.
    Pro Driving range mat.
    Hitting into an old King sized sheet with an extra blanket hooked to a piece of poly that I hang up when I want to use it.

Originally i had the poly in a frame that i used in the garage. Only just moved into the new place so jigged up a way to sling the top bar from the patio.

SkyTrack connected up to an iPad Pro.
    Pro Driving range mat.
    Hitting into an old King sized sheet with an extra blanket hooked to a piece of poly that I hang up when I want to use it.

Originally i had the poly in a frame that i used in the garage. Only just moved into the new place so jigged up a way to sling the top bar from the patio.
    Intriguing, thanks.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

August Scores:

Mossman GC 75-6-69
    Atherton GC 77-5-72
    Rowes Bay GC 82-5-77

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

After 5 weeks on cap of 18.2 , I finally had a decent round 31 points 17 on the front with 2 wipes , then a pretty poor 14 on the back with 1 wipe . Drove the ball really well irons were solid chipping was good , putting cost me points but the greens are crap at the moment , I actually putted pretty well . As a side note our group of 4 got disqualified from the competition for playing the course out of order.
    We got to number 10 and ran into a group of 4 social golfers who were not going to let us through, so we decided to jump to 13 and play 10, 11 and 12 last , oh well lesson learned lol

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Coopers Country View Post
    After 5 weeks on cap of 18.2 , I finally had a decent round 31 points 17 on the front with 2 wipes , then a pretty poor 14 on the back with 1 wipe . Drove the ball really well irons were solid chipping was good , putting cost me points but the greens are crap at the moment , I actually putted pretty well . As a side note our group of 4 got disqualified from the competition for playing the course out of order.
    We got to number 10 and ran into a group of 4 social golfers who were not going to let us through, so we decided to jump to 13 and play 10, 11 and 12 last
    , oh well lesson learned lol
    I didn't even know that was a thing?
    Gee, it was std practice when for some groups to start on the 6th and play 7-8-9 then 1-6 at Kapunda (9 hole course) if there was a lot of groups in the morning.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

3 rounds at the Mid am at royal pines, R1 83, R2 85 and R3 85. Struggled the most on day one and shot the best . Was two over thru 11 hole for R2 and R3 and then brain explosions occurred with the 12 to 14 holes both costing me 8 shots each to kill some great golf.

Looking forward to playing more Mid Ams and see if I can improve next year. Did smoke a 320m wind Assited drive on the par 5 15th and a 270m 3 wood on the 17th that made me feel good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If it aint for sale the right price has just not been offered

Thread Information