Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Yep, right on queue to distract us from the euthanasia legislation that’s going to parliament very shortly.
    I don’t need a distraction. I want to watch and make sure it gets passed

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by sms316 View Post
    Did he move north?
    Nope moved to another club about 20km away who obviously didn’t care, most likely happy to have him in their pennant team.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

@sms

Have you seen an email where 4's are allowed if vaccinated.
    Unvaccinated play as 2s.

That is going to be challenging to manage

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Yes. This change was discussed at the GMA meeting a week ago. Most will go vaccinated only. Far and away the easiest to manage and most profitable.

I would imagine most clubs will go that way towards the end of November, assuming that the legal advice that Golf NSW are currently obtaining supports it.

NSW clubs also have the Registered Clubs Act as further backup.
    Forum needs more banter.

Banned

Yes. This change was discussed at the GMA meeting a week ago. Most will go vaccinated only. Far and away the easiest to manage and most profitable.

I would imagine most clubs will go that way towards the end of November, assuming that the legal advice that Golf NSW are currently obtaining supports it.

NSW clubs also have the Registered Clubs Act as further backup.
    Does the registered clubs act make provisions for legal discrimination of unvaccinated people? Not taking the piss, just asking. Wondering how it supports clubs putting these rules in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    Does the registered clubs act make provisions for legal discrimination of unvaccinated people? Not taking the piss, just asking. Wondering how it supports clubs putting these rules in place.
    It probably allows them to do whatever they want, otherwise I wouldn't have to join every club that I live within 5km of to go inside.

I would suggest that Clubs NSW and the NSW Government are comfortable that the legislation allows the club to restrict clientele who use their private premises.

If it doesn't already exist, expect an amendment.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    @sms

Have you seen an email where 4's are allowed if vaccinated.
    Unvaccinated play as 2s.

That is going to be challenging to manage
    My club is wrestling with this right now.

I don’t see how the idea of 4s and 2s is practical and how does any club control access to the clubhouse especially the locker room and bathrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by pt73 View Post
    My club is wrestling with this right now.I don’t see how the idea of 4s and 2s is practical and how does any club control access to the clubhouse especially the locker room and bathrooms.
    Nobody sees a way to make 2s/4s work. Clubhouse facilities are easier - reduce the entrances to one focal point which can be monitored by staff who will have to witness the Service NSW app. It’ll be a pain but people will get used to it soon enough.
    Forum needs more banter.

The Registered Clubs Act essentially says that you can’t exclude people based on discrimination due to gender, pro homo, race etc. Referring to not being vaxxed (unless exempt due to medical grounds etc) as discrimination makes about as much sense as the dipshit who rocks up to a private club who says that his denim jeans are worth over $100 so the club should let him in. It’s a choice and it comes with consequences.
    Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

It’ll be a pain but people will get used to it soon enough.
    I asked my club about this and he says has no interest in the burden of doing that, and i expect that any club that doesnt hire dedicated security for this purpose will find the staff end up being very slack on monitoring this.

Obviously the scene is very different in Qld at this time, could change. Serious question, what is the primary reason for industry to look at this policy? Seems like its to help you stay open during lockdowns.

I asked my club about this and he says has no interest in the burden of doing that, and i expect that any club that doesnt hire dedicated security for this purpose will find the staff end up being very slack on monitoring this. Obviously the scene is very different in Qld at this time, could change. Serious question, what is the primary reason for industry to look at this policy? Seems like its to help you stay open during lockdowns.
    The staff will be slack until the first venue cops a $5k or more fine

Chopperlink

WITB

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    The staff will be slack until the first venue cops a $5k or more fine
    True if its the law, but this is regarding a self imposed rule by the clubs.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

I asked my club about this and he says has no interest in the burden of doing that, and i expect that any club that doesnt hire dedicated security for this purpose will find the staff end up being very slack on monitoring this.
    I’ll back my staff to do their job. I’ve got a great team (and a lot of cameras that back them up if anyone tries to blame them for something they haven’t done). I can’t speak for other clubs but we have gone above and beyond since March last year. The cash safety net will go in about 6 weeks. If the club gets closed for a week that’s a week nobody gets paid. That’s a nice piece of motivation in itself.
    Forum needs more banter.

True if its the law, but this is regarding a self imposed rule by the clubs.
    Which part is self imposed? The clubhouse will be by law. The course will be either play in pairs and it’s anything goes, but less revenue. Or play in fully vaxxed fours and make more money.
    Forum needs more banter.

Which part is self imposed? The clubhouse will be by law.
    Not sure if i misunderstood or not.

The line of conversation started with RM imposing their own rule so thats not law and and you added in what came out of GMA ( golf managers association?) meetings. I havent seen any mention of vaccine mandate laws imposed on golf clubs. Is there?

In Greater Sydney (the local government areas that aren’t on the shit list) it changes as of tomorrow to the pairs rule and fours if all fully vaccinated.

That makes 3 sets of rules in NSW.
    Forum needs more banter.

In Greater Sydney (the local government areas that aren’t on the shit list) it changes as of tomorrow to the pairs rule and fours if all fully vaccinated. That makes 3 sets of rules in NSW.
    Oh ok.. i really thought you were talking about the NSW clubs doing what RM did, especially when you hinted at this a week or two ago.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Oh ok.. i really thought you were talking about the NSW clubs doing what RM did, especially when you hinted at this a week or two ago.
    I would imagine most will if they actually want to make any money and stop having waiting lists each day. It’s just a matter of when.
    Forum needs more banter.

Banned

The Registered Clubs Act essentially says that you can’t exclude people based on discrimination due to gender, pro homo, race etc. Referring to not being vaxxed (unless exempt due to medical grounds etc) as discrimination makes about as much sense as the dipshit who rocks up to a private club who says that his denim jeans are worth over $100 so the club should let him in. It’s a choice and it comes with consequences.
    Ok thanks for the info.

It is discrimination. The question is whether it's lawful or unlawful discrimination.

People discriminate all day. For example, why do some people prefer chicken to beef? There is a differentiation between beef and chicken and they are choosing a preference. That's a form of discrimination but it's not illegal. Just the same as if you needed a certain employment position to be filled and someone in a wheel chair applied but they could not get the job because they were not physically unable to perform the duties, like as a fire fighter for example. That's legal discrimination.

That's why I was interested in the act. I was interested as to whether it does give clubs a LEGAL out on discriminating against the unvaccinated. Choice and consequences has nothing to do with it as would be the case with any other case with lawful or unlawful discrimination. It only matters if it's legal discrimination or not.
    Last edited by Jazz18; 12th September 2021 at 04:55 PM.

Banned

In Greater Sydney (the local government areas that aren’t on the shit list) it changes as of tomorrow to the pairs rule and fours if all fully vaccinated.

That makes 3 sets of rules in NSW.
    Bloody hell, I hadn't heard about this. Where can the detail be found about this? NSW Health or Golf Australia maybe?

Bloody hell, I hadn't heard about this. Where can the detail be found about this? NSW Health or Golf Australia maybe?
    Golf NSW - who get their advice directly from the NSW Office of Sport. Golf Australia have SFA to do with NSW because Golf NSW did the right thing and didn’t sign up to One Golf. https://www.golfnsw.org.au/news/2021/08/05/25099/covid-19-latest-advice/?fbclid=IwAR1Umvd_IgzNcyJzFeUMoRC0upklhHSS-omdWuHkmGzKt0oSUltxqLonZZ0
    Last edited by sms316; 12th September 2021 at 05:01 PM.

Banned

Golf NSW - who get their advice directly from the NSW Office of Sport. Golf Australia have SFA to do with NSW because Golf NSW did the right thing and didn’t sign up to One Golf. https://www.facebook.com/16435530029...319777568/?d=n
    Awesome, thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    WTF!
    Havnt heard of sickies….lol
    Going to the races really isn't massive on my priority list.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Custom Lajosi DD201 - 390g head
    GolfMap

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    Going to the races really isn't massive on my priority list.
    At least you have that option!

Thread Information