Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Default NSW Champs 2017 - 19-21 May 2017

More details to come, but here is what we got so far.

There will be a Friday game, more details to come.

Championship weekend is a Riverside Oaks with and we will be staying onsite, so no one has to drive...booyah!!
    Cost person for Riverside Oaks will be $190 per night accomdation, which will including green/comp fees, prizes, cart hire and breakfast. We can tack on $27 for a bbq dinner. around $450 (Depending on numbers) for the 2 days Golf, including cart, 2 breakfast, 2 dinners, accommodation and prizes. Friday golf should be around $60

There will be a limit on home ppl they can accommodate, so first in best dressed. When you put you name down, please let me know how much dates of golf would you like and if you require accomodation. I won't require deposits until after New Year, but these guys will require payment in full, 3 weeks out.

If anyone can help with organising or prizes, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Mrbluu

When:
    19-21 May 2017. We might be adding a Thursday and/or a Monday game depending on numbers.

Where:
    Friday - around 10-11am $60 for game and prizes ($40 for a cart)
    Details here (https://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.ph...und-Lynwood-CC)
    Sat - Riverside Oaks - 10-11am $190
    Sun - Riverside Oaks - 8-9am $190
    Mon - TBC - 7.30-8am

Accommodation:
    Onsite at Riverside

Name Deposit Paid Friday Golf Friday Cart Friday Acc Sat Golf Sat Acc Sun Golf Amount Paid Total Amount Due
    1. Benno No Yes No Yes Yes Yes Yes $0 $550 $0
    2. Mrbluu yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes $450 $450 $0
    3. Bitter yes no no Yes yes yes yes $200 $380 $180
    4. Capt Titty Nemo yes No No no yes Yes Yes $100 $290 $190
    5. Dotty no no no no yes no yes $190 $190
    6. Jazz yes no no no yes no yes $200 $190 -$10
    7. Andfield No no no no yes no yes $0 $40 $40
    8. Ron Burgundy yes yes yes yes yes yes yes $100 $390 $360
    9. Micdeez yes yes no yes yes yes yes $50 $370 $320
    10. Johnno yes yes no no yes yes yes $150 $350 $200
    11. Gammon Yes no no no yes yes yes $290 $310 $20
    12. Vader No yes no no yes no yes $250 $250
    13. Noren Yes Yes yes Yes yes Yes yes $460 $450 $0
    14. Davepuppies Yes no No no Yes Yes Yes $100 $390 $290
    15. KJ No Yes no Yes Yes Yes Yes $370 $370
    16. Wazandnic no no no no Yes Yes Yes $310 $310
    Name Deposit Friday Golf Friday Cart Friday Acc Sat Golf Sat Acc Sun Golf Amount Paid Total Amount Due

1. Spanner (Defending Champ)
    2. Mrbluu
    3. DavePuppies (Pencil)
    4. Captain Titty
    5. Benno_R
    6. Dotty
    7. Wazza
    8. Bitter
    9. KJ
    10. Jimandr
    11. Liptout
    12. Kiwitown
    13. Blurry
    14. Jazzy
    15. Vader
    16. Ron Burgundy
    17. Johnno
    18. StueyD
    19. Micdeez
    20. Dangals
    21. Golfwhang
    22. Anfield
    23. Mudder
    24. Grunt
    25. Blurry
    26. Gammon
    Last edited by mrbluu; 9th May 2017 at 03:24 PM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    How were the courses?
    I heard, the greens on bungool weren't fast but were pretty even
    The greens were terrible.

Very fuzzy, long and bumpy
    In the bag

Taylormade Stealth 2 9.0 - AD DI 7X, Taylormade Sim 5 wood - AD DI 8X, P790 2/5-GW S300 AMT, Taylormade Hi Toe 53/14, 57/14, 60/10, Taylormade Spider, Taylormade 2018 staff bag

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

The final scores on our version of the Titantron...plus a few presentation pics.

Banned

Gents, check your handicaps to make sure your cards were entered. Johnno and I have found our scores have not been entered into golflink so are not showing on our handicaps. I'm ringing the club tomorrow to clear it up but if there is anyone else, give them a buzz.

Nemo/Gammon, just let me know if you guys are missing yours as I will check about yours too as I handed in yours too.

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

And some other random pics.

Fri @ Lynwood. Weather could have been a lot worse but thankfully held off until we were in the sports bar afterwards.

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Sat @ Gangurru. What rain? Plus Gammon and L having a snooze after the night time banter/drinks were done.

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Sun @ Bungool. Greens have already been mentioned as sub-par. Looked good from a distance but a different ball game once you actually got there. Granted, I've seen them worse but they were done 4 weeks ago and we expected them to have come back a little better than they did.

Fried eggs: first is my tee shot on 15 and second is Benno's approach to 18.

Sat putting comp. Winner mrbluu.

Wide open spaces but the rough really grabs your club assuming you can find your ball.
    Last edited by noren; 22nd May 2017 at 07:04 AM.

Member Teaching Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    Gents, check your handicaps to make sure your cards were entered. Johnno and I have found our scores have not been entered into golflink so are not showing on our handicaps. I'm ringing the club tomorrow to clear it up but if there is anyone else, give them a buzz.Nemo/Gammon, just let me know if you guys are missing yours as I will check about yours too as I handed in yours too.
    Mine cards have been entered for both days.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gammon View Post
    Mine cards have been entered for both days.
    Ok thanks mate.

Both of mine were entered too.....

Can't believe Bungool has the same slope as the old course!
    In the bag

Taylormade Stealth 2 9.0 - AD DI 7X, Taylormade Sim 5 wood - AD DI 8X, P790 2/5-GW S300 AMT, Taylormade Hi Toe 53/14, 57/14, 60/10, Taylormade Spider, Taylormade 2018 staff bag

Banned

Card entry all sorted now. The Scratch rating for the blue course on Bungool is lower than on the old course too. While the DSR was 73 at Bungool yesterday, the normal scratch rating is 70 from those tees.

Senior Member Major Winner

Finally finished the 5 rounds and waiting at the airport, so will give a quick review of the weekend.

For me, it started at the Ridge on Thursday. Enjoyed the course but played terribly for 24pts.

Friday at Lynwood was great, and we got lucky with the weather. Lynwood is an enjoyable track, but a couple of slack wipes saw a lazy 33pts.

Saturday was Gungarru at Riverside Oaks. Started slow after wiping 1 and 3, but struggled around for 31pts. Was a good course, but maybe too many trees for me.

Sunday was Bungool at RO. A course worthy of its 35th place in Australia's top 100. Only let down was some rough greens. Started strong, but faded out for 31pts

Today was Liverpool, a surprisingly good members track. 3 bad holes ruined the day for 30pts.

Thanks to Mrbluu for organising, and all the lads that turned up. Was a great group, having a tonne if laughs and talking a tonne of golf shit in a great location.

Thanks to Mrbluu, Peppas, Noren, StueyD, Jazz, Wazandnic, Dotty, Micdeez and Johnno for the rounds.

Sydney people, do yourself a favour and get out to the nsw champs next year, it's a thoroughly good weekend.

Cheers,
    Benno

And most importantly, congrats to the new champ, Johnno!!

Cracking weekend for my first ever Ozgolf champs. Only knowing a couple of people prior to the weekend I have come away now knowing an absolute champion bunch of blokes.

Special thanks to Bluey for organising it all and for sharing a cart with me the last 2 days.

Unforunately for me I peaked too early with 38pts at Lynwood Friday but then chopped it up for 33pts at Gungarru Saturday and even worse with 28pts at Bungool Sunday. Thanks to Johnno, KJ, Bluey, Vader, Micdeez, davepuppies and Wazandnic for the rounds we played together.

All I can say now is bring on next year, booyah!
    Last edited by Bitter; 22nd May 2017 at 09:32 PM.

Banned

Great couple of days of golf. We were all dreading the forecast the whole week leading up to it but didn't get a drop over the weekend!

I couldn't hang on the Saturday night but had a great 2 days on the course and it was great to catch up with the guys I know (thanks to those that put up with my chop fest out there) and meet those I didn't know. Would gladly return to Riverside Oaks for champs next year if it's decided to go there again.

If you're not sure about playing champs, don't hesitate. It's not too serious. It's just a great excuse to play a bit of golf with a great bunch of guys and talk plenty of crap along the way.

Cheers again to Bluuey for organising and the guys that chipped in some of the prizes.

Member Club Champion

Awesome Weekend! Started at Lynwood on Friday. Got to meet some of the boys who I've spoken to online but never played golf with. Really good to put a face to the name.

Great weekend continued on Saturday and Sunday at Riverside Oaks, again meeting new faces and playing some knockabout golf. Even though the golf from myself wasn't great, the company both days was.

Cheers to everyone for making me feel like one of the boys even though it was my first Champs. Definitely playing every year now...

Member Club Champion

Also great to know there's another Todd in the group..........

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Boys

I am still disappointed I could not make it, but a memorial weekend took priority.

Here is hoping I can make it one day.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Blog Entries

I've attended all five NSW Champs and each one has been 100% fun, especially the time off the course.

Special thanks to Matty for kicking it off, and MrBluu for taking the reins for the past three years.

Each location has its good and bad points, but as long as we can get two games, two meals and two weeks of grog into us, then everyone is happy.

ps. Captain Nemo's new username is Rod, because he hangs around with the Todds.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Now that I've had time to catch up and collect my thoughts, here is my ramblings of the weekend.

I wanted to thank everyone who could make it to the days and to make it such an enjoyable event. Without your support this and other state events would not exist!!!

As Benno_R said our week started on Thursday at The Ridge where we were faced with tricky pin positions, that tested both patience. The course was in good condition and I look forward to playing it again and maybe even bringing my game with me.

Friday was at Lynnwood and it was good to finally get a game with Vader and meet Burgundy in person and thanks for sharing a cart with me. The weather did threaten and fired a couple of warning shots, but the bad stuff held off until we get into the clubhouse for a couple of beers. Congrats to Bitter for strolling in with 38 points to win the day. I scored 36 and I would like to thank Vader for 3 putting the last to square our match . RB, you will be off single figures with a few more OzGolf Champs/Events under your belt .

Saturday we were greeted with some overcast and foggy conditions, but this soon gave way to clear weather and the boys started to turn up and gather at the putting green and driving range. The dodgy draw master put me in with Vader again and we resumed our match from the day before. We were joined in our group by Bitter and Micdeez in Ricky Fowler's pants. Thank you Vader for all your course tips and letting me take your cash , but not before you made and AWESOME Eagle on 9. That has to be the best 3 wood I've seen hit in a Ozgolf event. I finished with 34 which was enough to take the win on the day.

I was also lucky enough to win the putting comp as well.

Sunday was lead off by the group of Todds (Vader and Gammon) and Rod (Captain Nemo). I was in the group with DavePuppies, Bitter and Wazza in the last group. We all battled hard but were beaten by the hard charging Johnno with his 39 points when no one broke 36 all weekend. I started poorly and finished poorly for 30 points.

Easy warm down at Liverpool with Johnno and Benno_R. A couple of brain fades out of the bunkers which lead to wipes, but and I was lucky enough to birdie 18 for 35 points.

In concluding thanks to everyone who attended, you are the people who make this such a great event. Also to all the my playing partners (Peppas, Benno_r, Vader x2, RB, Bitter x 2, DP, Wazza and Johnno) and once again congratulations to Johnno. Also well done to Micdeez getting runner up in his first Champs. Also to Noren for winning the Scratch. Also thanks to my cabin roomies, Benn_R, Vader, Micdeez and Noren for putting up with my snoring...

I also have an announcement, after 3 years running this great, event, it's time for somebody else to take over the reigns. Thanks everyone who have supported the event in the past and I hope that we continued support from the forum.

Member Club Pro

Was definitely a quality weekend with a quality group and I'm already looking forward to the next one, possibly even QLD champs if the finance minister allows. Thanks again to Binh for all the organising and to Benno for looking after the Friday game. Still can't believe how good the weather ended up with what was forecast.

I started hot at Lynwood on Friday with 22 pts on the front 9 before stopping for that burger half way which led to me playing the back 9 unsure if I was about to spew or s$&t myself, 13 pts followed for 35 total.

The start to Saturdays round would have been less embaressing if I stood there and actually did s$&t myself. The rest of it is a blur of some good mixed in with a lot of bad, a lot of trees and too much carrying on like a dick at how bad I was playing. Apologies to Dave who had to share the cart with me. Felt like I should have been more like 23 pts rather then the 28 I scraped together.

I'm not sure if listening to everyone tip Dotty to storm to victory on Saturday night by just bunting it down the middle and staying out of the rough stuck in my head but it was how I ended up playing on the Sunday. Used driver on 1 and 2 and only used it again 14 or 15. I was hitting 8 iron solid the previous 2 days so worked around leaving myself that distance in on every hole. Paid off I guess in the end as I only went in the deep rough once ( somehow found by KJ at around 4 mins 55secs) and possibly 1 bunker. I still think the bad greens helped me a bit as well. Highlight shot of the day was definitely Ron Burgundys up and down from the cart path on 17, PGA tour level stuff.

Monday at Livo was back to normal with an opening triple, seemed to pull a lot left and had 29pts

Thanks to all the guys I played with and to Wazza for not snoring all night (although there was some very heavy breathing, I was to scared to open my eyes and check on him incase he was sitting on the bed staring at me or something).

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

That was a bloody fantastic way to spend a weekend. My first champs and I can't wait for the next one. Was great to put a face to so many names. 3 quality courses, plenty of quality banter and some glimpses of quality golf. Even the armageddon weather predictions didn't eventuate.

Thanks to Bluu for a stellar organizing job (and giving me plenty of tips), Benno for the Fri round and all of my playing partners. It was a pleasure to watch Johnno playing some pretty flawless golf to come flying home to snatch the title from out of the grasp of the last two groups.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Member Teaching Pro

Was it just heavy breathing or perhaps a whisper of "My precious" 😉

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Gammon View Post
    Was it just heavy breathing or perhaps a whisper of "My precious" ��
    bahahaha...

I do attribute my soothing heavy breathing (and sweet whispering) as part of the winning formula for Johnno.

Thread Information