Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Default Mt Broughton, Sunday 12 December, 9am

I mentioned this in another thread a few weeks ago - now that Terry and I have agreed on a day, here's the thread to see if we can get a record number of people at a NSW Ozgolf day.

First group will hit off at 9am. $35 (member's guest rate) and $50 with shared cart.

Check with those who matter most to you to see if you're able to make it, and add your name to the list.

1. KristianJ
    2. terrys
    3. wbennett
    4. BlueScooter
    5. macjackass
    6. Dotty
    7. matty
    8. tg01
    9. Jerry Springer
    10. Tongueboy
    11. Grunt
    12. Jono
    13. Philthy Phil

VARIOUS SHADES OF PENCIL AND OTHER NON-INK WRITING IMPLEMENTS:

wazandnic
    Last edited by KristianJ; 11th December 2010 at 04:09 AM.

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

And Benno, PM sent re. Jono's number.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

I just managed to get through 17 holes before darkness fell (1 hour 40 for 17. cool) Jacks Mizuno is smoking hot and straight, and ready for the challenge tomorrow.....

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wbennett View Post
    I just managed to get through 17 holes before darkness fell (1 hour 40 for 17. cool) Jacks Mizuno is smoking hot and straight, and ready for the challenge tomorrow.....
    Silly boy, wasted your good shots.

How was your putting, no good getting on in reg and 4 putting.

Is there a planned arrival for Dotty & I? Trying to work out the correct theme for our arrival.
    "We are the Champions"
    "We can't be Beaten"
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

I just managed 39 points today. Down to 8.9 now.

See you in 10 hours.

The rain of the last month cleared and the 12 intrepid NSW vs ACT Ozgolfers showed up at a sunny and windy Mt Broughton.

The traditional NSW vs ACT grudge match of TG vs Grunt and Dotty vs Benno lead the groups away, with Benno hoiking it into deep poo left and Grunt no better to the right.

Straight away it was Dotty 1 up and TG 1 up.

Dotty moved quickly to be three up after three, and maintained his lead until the halfway mark. TG had Grunt covered, as both Grunt and myself discovered that snap hooks are a quick way to lose pills at the Mount.

Benno won 10 and was robbed by some nasty bunker casual water on 11, and Dotty looked home at four up after 12. Grunt was goneski with TG hitting fairways and making the crucial ups and downs as everyones favourite Qantas engineer sprayed it around like a curry through a sick indian...

Benno parred 13 and hit a 4 iron into a stiff breeze to 10 foot to bring the margin back to 2 down, whilst Grunt conceded on the 15th green to give the ACT their first ever win in the matchplay title. Dotty hit a brilliant chip from a dead spot to make par, and Benno bogied to sit dormie with three to play.

Dotty's ever reliable hybrid again skirted the edge of a bunker before rolling on the green to make an easy par and win 3 and 2 - so NSW retains on the Bledisloe scoring system 1-1.

Overall, the big winner was BlueScooter. Off a ridiculous 26 handicap, Scooter smoked driver all day, hit brilliant irons, and ended up with 89 off the stick for 45 points.
    Daylight was second, with Tongueboy (now there is a story) ending up with an impressive 36, with Jerry Springer, TG and our host TerryS all on 33. Dotty ended up with 29, Matty and Benno 27, Philty Phil on 26 and taking home the NSW ACT NAGA - Grunt with 19.

Jono could only play the front 9 before heading off to work, and Macjack disappeared after the 15th having to head back to Sydney for work.

Highlights were plenty, but a big thanks to Terrys for hosting us. There was hardly another group on the course, and considering the weather we'd had the last month it was in brilliant condition. Only one ball found its way onto the coal train line with Jerry clearing it for 6 and out.

And Grunt - look out for the snake....

Final results

Matchplay - NSW1 ACT 1 - NSW retains on Bledisloe scoring system.
    Stableford Score Champs - ACT 111 (45+33+33), NSW 98 (36, 33, 29) - ACT wins
    Individual - BlueScooter - 45 points.
    Last edited by WBennett; 12th December 2010 at 05:31 PM.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

Tongueboy (now there is a story)
    Michael Jackson?
    Forum needs more banter.

Blog Entries

Another great NSW/ACT OzGolf day.

Many thanks Benno, TG and Grunt, for the companionship, the commentary and the non-stop laughs. Many thanks to TerryS for hosting us, and great to meet those that travelled north/south for the game.

ps. Revised scoring system #7 ... Dotty wins, as he still had the same ball he started with.

Chopperlink

WITB

Blog Entries

Thanks for the game yesterday guys, both my health and my golf was poor. I dead set have now Idea if it is going to be a good shot or a hook or a slice.

TG, thanks for a great match, it all came down to a couple of really poor hole by myself but you played pretty good. Still only 2-1 so I guess the next match will be just as important for you

I know we all talked of other venues but with Mt Broughton such a good course and to have it like we did yesterday how about we make this an annual event. maybe not the ACT V NSW Cup but just the Mt Broughton Cup. We could even get enough to have it as an official Ozgolf Event. How does March 2010 sound? I will post it in another thread.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

yep it is a nice joint. did any of you blokes see the helicopter? one landed at Peppers and I seen the rotor flying off one on the 10th green? made the same sound!
    Pffft

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tongueboy View Post
    yep it is a nice joint. did any of you blokes see the helicopter? one landed at Peppers and I seen the rotor flying off one on the 10th green? made the same sound!
    That may have been TG's putter after 3 putting to lose the hole
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

thought that
    Pffft

I am putting in a protest. Turns out the water filled bunkers were GUR, so I was robbed of my comeback on 11 when having to take that dodgy drop...!!!

Why didn't any of the 4 in our group know this? Because we just don't listen I spose

Chopperlink

WITB

Blog Entries

They did have a blackboard with Saturday's local rules behind the proshop door, with play as it lies and drop permitted outside bunkers marked as GUR.

Benno, we know how dirty these NSW lads play, maybe we need to review our fairness at all costs policy....

Thanks for the game lads, a really good day out. It was nice to get ACT's first point, a momumental moment.

Snake!

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

I am putting in a protest. Turns out the water filled bunkers were GUR, so I was robbed of my comeback on 11 when having to take that dodgy drop...!!!

Why didn't any of the 4 in our group know this? Because we just don't listen I spose
    I told everyone in my group! Bunkers with Water to be treated as GUR through the green. I think that as you didn't drop out of the GUR, it's a penalty and loss of hole anyway.

Big thanks to Terry for hosting, wish I had left home earlier (so I could have organised the wedge) and met the people I hadn't met and then not have to work after (was only half an hour late which wasn't too bad). Probably a good thing I didn't play the last two holes, only had two pills left! Considering the rain the course was in great shape! Was very enjoyable playing with Matty and Jerrry Springer, Matt is a great advertisement for the teacher who has fixed his game. He hits it really well, not to mention bloody high!

Would love to see how many balls they would find if they cut the long stuff.

As a matter of interest, what's the quickest way back onto the freeway to Sydney?

By the way, the m5 tunnel is a ****ing joke!

MacJack

Back to the Illawarra Highway heading towards Goulburn, then turn north? Its a 10min detour back through Sutton Forest then 110 the whole way to the M5 tunnel.

There is a shortcut somewhere there but I get scared lost in the Belanglo State Forest reason

Chopperlink

WITB

Blog Entries

The way I go is to turn left out of Mt Broughton, then first left (forgotten the name) follow that for about 7km turn left and the highway is right there.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Thanks for the game boys. Was good meeting a few new faces. It's always interesting to see how different the perception of someone from a forum name is from how they are in reality!

Mt.Broughton is one of the most picturesque courses I have ever seen. I can easily see why it is/has been rated in the top 100.

Was pretty happy with how I played from tee to green considering it's been close to two months but the putting killed me. Had 6 x 3 putts, or was it 7 . Embarrassing. That was almost as bad as when I hit to the wrong green
    In the same instant the ball left the club, my opponent, Jerry Springer, says in a deadpan voice, 'That's the wrong green. I was wondering why you were lining up at that.' Jerry is a fierce competitor.

Apparently there was a sign that I missed saying the proper green was around a dog leg. Next time Jerry, next time.

The ultimate judge of your swing is the flight of the ball. Ben Hogan

Exotics 9.5* XCG7 Beta- Titleist 913H 17* & 21* Hybrid - Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW - Miura 56* & 60* - Lajosi Putter

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

The quickest way back to the highway is to turn right onto the Illawarra highway and go back into Moss vale. Turn left into Waite Street towards Berrima, follow this till you get to the train track and turn left just after them, then its about 2km to the Freeway.

there is a shorter way where you turn left directly after leaving the course, but that involves a river crossing and it would have been a bit high this week.

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

Guys,

If we are going to turn this into an annual Mt Broughton Cup then I reckon we should turn the St Andrews balls into a perpetual trophy with the name, date and score that won the day.

If the majority of people are in agreement or just the organisers, I will bring it along to the next cup. I also reckon the winner should also supply the wine for the winner and naga at the next Cup.

So if it is agreed and the Cup happens next year then I will bring along the balls, with my name on it and two bottles of wine.

Any objections please unload now.

bluescooter

Sounds good. Should be interesting to see what trophy you build out of the balls.

The ultimate judge of your swing is the flight of the ball. Ben Hogan

Exotics 9.5* XCG7 Beta- Titleist 913H 17* & 21* Hybrid - Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW - Miura 56* & 60* - Lajosi Putter

sounds like a plan

what are you off now scoot?
    Pffft

Too bloody many. 45 points? FFS!

Chopperlink

WITB

Thread Information