Hi,

I play at a public course that runs competitions several days a week. The results of the comp are finalised around 7.00 p.m. on the day of the comp.

I assume that the late time is to cater for late starters (I think the last hit off time for the comp is 2.00 p.m.).

I finished my game around 1.00 p.m. and duly entered my score (visa my marker) a few minutes after I finished the game (our group uses the miscore app).

As it turns out, I was the clubhouse leader. As you do when you have a good score, I checked the "leaderboard" via miscore during the afternoon and evening and was still leading until about 6.45 p.m. when another score was lodged, 2 shots better than mine.

I was a bit peeved that I got beaten so late in the day. I checked the app (it lists the start times for each player) and I saw that the player that beat me hit off at 10.30 a.m..

My beef is that the score was entered so late after the hit off time. It just seems to raise a few questions. The other player had a good score. Why wait so long after finishing to enter/lodge the result? I know that not all players use miscore and cards can take a little longer to process (but not 3 or 4 hours). With miscore we can see all the players in the comp and all scores that have been lodged.

It 's obvious that I'm totally biased here but does anyone else think this is all a bit odd? Does anyone know if there is a time limit for lodging your score/card/miscore after you finish the round?

Any comments would be appreciated.