I have been in Ireland for about 6 days, not only did my golf clubs not arrive with me, another 10 of our group of 70 also no clubs/clothes. 2 of us have reveived their gear later.

Dublin airport must have had >1000 bags laying around baggage claim area uncollected.

One guy flying Scotland to Belfast went to take his golf bag to the oversize section at checkin, and had to put it on a mountain of golf bags of 200+, 5 days later his bag still in that pile.

The vibe seems to be that those who had bags checked to final destination with different airlines, are the ones impacted.

General feeling airlines are too overwhelmed to care.

If anyone thinking of flying soon... good luck. I have travelled overseas a lot with my sticks, but until stuff goes wrong, dont really think about consequences. What i have learned is...
- travel insurance wont pay for any emergency purchases <12 hours after landing, so have plenty stuff in the carry on
- covermore insurance has a golf option, which would cover hire club cost... which over here is a lot, €45 a round so far
- use a luggage tracker, one of us has one, but whilst she knows her bags are in LHR, the airline doesnt care.

- ultimately compensation from airlines and insurers is likely to be stuff all in comparison to what it will really cost me.