I've been lurking for a bit and see a few people here are members at Helensvale - I came to the course last week to suss it out as I recently moved to Pac Pines, and I want somewhere I can do a quick 9 before work once a week, as well as potentially a comp or social on the weekend once a fortnight. I asked the clubhouse yesterday about membership and they said they literally just closed the full memberships on Friday (the day I was there - should have asked then in hindsight).

I have three options that I can think of:

1. Become a mid-week member and just play somewhere else on weekends (unless midweek members are allowed to play in weekend comps).

2. Become a full member at Sandy Gallop for reciprocal rights.

3. Find somewhere else between Helensvale and Reedy Creek that is similar in value to Helensvale (spoiler - I haven't found anything yet).

I'm equally happy to just pay full price for 9 holes weekly, but I'm worried that if I show up at 6am the clubhouse will turn me away if I'm not a member (during summer I was told I couldn't play until comps were over, even if I arrived at sunrise).

Any advice on what I should do, or if there are other equally reasonable value courses I should consider is welcome!

Thanks.