01/05/2020, Gailes GC, Stableford.

I started off a bit scratchy, thanks to continuing to hit dud iron shots, but managed to keep the score ticking over. I had a good patch in the middle of the round, when I focussed on just hitting the middle of the green, and made some good swings with the irons. I started leaking a bit later on, and then for the last five holes I was incapable of playing a golf shot with any club. Sprayed drives, punch-outs that would fly high and hit branches, and flubbed irons; it was super deflating.

I don't usually report on my rounds in stableford terms, because I try to focus on gross, but to show how bad I went, I had three points in the last five holes, after getting it back to one off handicap through 13. I've got no idea what happened, but to preserve myself mentally I'm going to blame it on golf fatigue. It is my first eighteen hole round since February, and my first time carrying all for all eighteen since October last year. The body got through it pretty well though, except a little bit of hip soreness which is carrying over from cycling.

Stats: 7/15 fairways, 5/18 greens, 32 putts.
Score: BPXBPPPB BbPBBXXXB; 43-46-89 (+16); Stab 16-12-28pts.

Three consecutive months starting the thread. I guess it is because I have my hits midweek. June 1 is on a Monday...hmmmmm.