This happened to me last week - in the face... by a random in my group [long story but accidental] - I was lucky that the ball missed my eye/teeth/nose and have been cleared of a fracture and any serious dental issues [although still can't feel my upper LHS teeth.]

Annoyed that the other golfer didn't bother even contacting me to check up anytime after the event.

But had an interesting conversation with the GM when I asked if I should drop my receipts [GP visit and Dental] into the office - he said I could claim through the club's insurance but I would be liable for the excess... [he wasn't sure what it was...] or as it is a civil matter I could pursue the other golfer for my costs - it was not a result I was expecting...

I assumed the club/insurance would cover any costs incurred in a golfer being injured on the course.

I really have no idea what the realities of this situation are - costs are not ridiculous - under $200 but that's money I'd rather spend elsewhere obviously - anyone else had a situation like this occur?