Curlewis.

Is anyone going for the surf style carts? This course will favour a right to left hitter on a lot of holes. The front 9 has the most interesting land and routing while the back is a bit flat and a bit up and back. Pushup greens are everywhere.

1 - Flirt with the tree line on the right to have a chance to get home in 2. Green is pushed up a long way so club up accordingly.

2 - I think the outside of the dogleg gives the best angle in to the green. Possibly in range for bombers at the end of summer and things running hard and fast.

3 - One of the best holes you will play for the Champs. Definitely tempting with a nice left to right shape down the hill a bit. OOBs down the left to punish the wayward.

4 - Long par 3 with another push up green. Everything runs away in all directions so I can't recommend a safe miss.

5 - Fairway unbunkered but narrowing a bit after 200m with a front left trap at the green. Mid length means a positional play off the tee might be a good idea.

6 - I can't see this being a 2 shotter for anyone as the dogleg really cuts off the angles. A big curve around to the left but getting your second shot out near the right will open up a green that is tucked in behind the trees that define the left of this hole.

7 - If you can go big over the left corner and flirt with the bunker you get some help down the other side of the hill. Green is unprotected at the front so even if you are back a bit off the tee you can find the green without too much trouble.

8 - Another push-up par 3. This time with a short to mid iron.

9 - Again, flirt with the inside corner to have a shorter line in. Green is set in the side of a hill and which will collect a longer ball, but also makes for the scarier downhill putts you will get at Curlewis.

10 - The water isn't really in play. The right side has trees but is the preferred line to the green. Not much of note about the green that I can remember.

11 - Possibly want to play back a bit from the tee rather than risk falling off the right hand side or finding the bunkers there. Another climb up to this hole.

12 - The turn in this par 5 comes fairly late so get to the left of centre at the corner with 2 shots then you should have a shortish shot in to a mild pushup green.

13 - Longest but fairly flat par 3. There is a path to run up and on. One of the tougher tests on the course.

14 - Those planning to get there in 2 should go down the right hand side. Gets a little narrow in the last 1/3.

15 - Tough hole. Inside of the corner has both bunker and water hazard to deal with, outside makes for a long shot where the green runs away from you. Personally I plan for a short left miss and try to make the up and down.

16 - The tiger line down the left has plenty of trees but gets you a better shot with the front right bunker in play for those that go out to the right.

17 - A funky little par 3 down the hill to a long, skinny, multi-tiered green. Wrong tier and you will be fist pumping if you don't 3 putt.

18 - Finally a hole that likes a bit of left to right shape off the tee. Only mid length though it climbs a bit of a hill to yet another pushed up green. Water guards the left and a hill guards the right. Green doesn't really favor a side to me but missing in the front left pot is the worst of the misses.