Well, well, look at me starting a WDYS thread. I really wasn't sure to go with the title format of the last couple or revert to a question mark or colon like previous threads. As you can see, I stuck with the hyphen of recent threads. Boom!

I was asked during the week if I wanted to have a social nine holes at Jindalee today. My answer was "no, not really", but after a few beers during the grand final yesterday, I changed my mind.

Things started great with a lost ball on the first hole after clipping a tree, although I hit the shot really well. I proceeded to flush it for the next four holes, but the putter couldn't convert a single birdie. I kept the driver away all day, after it's crappy performance in Cairns, but it started to stray at this point, which left me scrambling. The putter still wouldn't come to the party though.

The putter saved its worst until last. I put a nine iron to about a metre on the 8th, and missed the birdie. On the 9th, I just got myself on the green in reg via a bunt out of the trees, but about 10m away. The first putt got pumped at least 5m past. Baffling!

In the end I scored 38 on a par 33, with a "social" 6 on the 1st. Some decent ball hitting in there, and clearly bad putting, after a decent putting effort in Cairns. My friends want to play every fortnight; I think I'd prefer once every month.