Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

Threaded View

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default HTTP to HTTPS (Downtime - Dec 29 2016)

Hey all

As you would have noticed if you tried to visit the forum today, we disappeared from the interwebs for a little while. This was due to the site adding an SSL certificate and changing IP address, which allows the links to become HTTPS instead of the HTTP that they were before. This was done to make sure that Tapatalk works in the new year, as it has become a requirement of iOS applications, and Google would have been marking the site as insecure also. Unfortunately, I was not aware that they would be changing the IP address to do this, and could not provide warning that the site would be disappearing; sorry for that.

You might find that you can only access the site via your phone and not your PC, or vice-versa. This isn't that strange, as it takes time for your various internet providers to update to the new IP address. Here's something that you can try, as I posted on Stalkbook, if you are only able to browse via the phone.

If you can't see the forum yet, you can try to speed it along by clearing your browser cache (http://support.hostgator.com/…/how-d...my-web-browse…), and doing a DNS flush (http://support.hostgator.com/articles/flush-dns). If that doesn't work, you will have to wait a bit longer to report that crappy round that you played, or buy that putter that you don't need.
    It might not work yet, but you could also try using a VPN like I am now. Apparently, I'm in Florida at the moment.

So now that this update has been done, don't assume that things will be smooth sailing just yet. There may be some links around on the forum that still have HTTP, such as images, and this may prevent Tapatalk from working in the new year. I have a list of some files, and I will try to address these over the next couple of days. If you come across any problems, please let me know.
    Last edited by AndyP; 29th December 2016 at 09:34 PM.

Thread Information