Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

View Poll Results: Which date?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saturday June 10

5 62.50%
  • Sunday June 11

6 75.00%
  • Monday June 12

6 75.00%
  • Saturday June 17

6 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Threaded View

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default NSW Strokeplay Round 3 - Mon June 12 Camden Valley 8.30am

CHANGED LOCATION - NOW CAMDEN VALLEY, 8.30, 8.37, 8.44

While I am still surprised to have earned the right to organise the next stroke event - who would think 7 over would win - I am going to use my power responsibly, and give the majority a chance to influence the final date and venue.

I firmly believe we should aim for the June long weekend for two reasons. Firstly, there are three days in a row available. Secondly, social clubs often don't play on long weekends, so there is a better chance of getting a good block tee time.

If the majority votes for Saturday, my choice of venue will be The Springs, as I didn't play there last year. The new course near Wyong, Kooinda Waters, is a bit further away, but might be worth a thought. I think it opened this week.

If it is Sunday, there are a few choices. My choice may be Glenmore, but I'm open to suggestions.

If it is Monday, I favour one of the regular Monday Open Days. Either Castle Hill, Strathfield, or Liverpool. If Bonnie Doon has finished its renovations, I'd vote for it.

I'll enter the following Saturday as an option, just in case many of us are going away for the long weekend.

I'm available for all dates, and will vote accordingly. Once a trend appears, I'll work out a venue and make an enquiry about times and prices.
    Last edited by jimandr; 4th June 2006 at 06:15 PM. Reason: temporary greens at Strathfield
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Thread Information