Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
And the latest week ended on Monday at Keperra with the Vets. Prior to that I played two comp rounds at Redland Bay. Scores were 32, 28, 31 respectively. Thick, wet, heavy rough was the main feature again . Keperra in particular was mostly unmown. The rough was very long and thick and it was hard to find balls unless you were standing over them. It was a 5+ hr round as a result. And the greens were pretty poor; patchy, bumpy and variable speeds. We played with a member who said he thought they were well down on green staff due to Covid.

Driver 1: Nike VR II Pro Limited Edition 10.5* with Diamana 83 g4't Reg
Driver 2: Cleveland 588 Custom 9* PL Red Stiff/Miyazaki Kauli 5S
Fairway: Cleveland 588 3 Wood
Hybrid: Nickent Genex 3DX 17*
I
rons: Titleist 714 AP1/710 AP2 Combo 4 - PW
Wedges Titleist Vokey 50* & 54*
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach #11 Soft Mallet 35"/C-B 38"

Neither of these Drivers had seen my bag for a number of years. Each had only one prior comp round outing. I settled into the Nike fairly quickly. Though I did weight it up a bit after the first round as it was lighter than my normal MOI setting. The Cleveland took longer. I struggled with till I swapped to the lighter Miyazaki Shaft. I have a 10.5* version that has had more use, but I found I could flight the 9* OK, once I tuned it. Both performed pretty well comparatively. Lots of FIR and good distance when hit well. And they were reasonably forgiving for their age. The VR II looks great at address. The Cleveland is a larger footprint but it still looked pretty modern from above.

It took me a little while to adjust to the Titleist combo. I have never been a great fan of the AP1 feel/sound and lack of feedback. But I slowly worked them out and I was pretty solid with them towards the end. I did manage to hit all the par 3s (5) in reg at Keperra.

My short game was solid most of the time. But it was tough out of the rough when you got into it. Putting was average. These were my first outings with the Huntington Beach. I started with it at it standard 35"length, but lengthened it to my normal C-B 38" after the first round.

The Week's Stats were;

FIR 69% 54% 62%
GIR 28% 17% 28%
Putts 33 31 35
I played Keperra in a QSOOM event in the middle of December. The course was in terrible condition, overgrown rough as you said, bare patches on the greens and the back nine just has some terrible holes, 14 and 15 in particular. It was a waste of $40.