Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

Threaded View

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default Monthly Mug Profile - October 2013 - Solarman

Username:
    SOLARMAN

Home club: CAIRNS GOLF CLUB

How often do you play: With myself ??.... Oh you mean golf, twice a week if possible

Current handicap: 16

Lowest ever handicap: Really can’t remember, I think I may have reached 12 a long time ago, but at an easy course.

Dream handicap: 15... it has to be as I have made a bet that if I don’t reach 15 by Xmas I am doing a nude run

How long have you played golf: After a long absence, back into it about 5 years or approx 8000 stubbies ago

How did you catch the golfing bug: Probably Haysey who works in the building next door asked me to play... and it’s been an experience playing with me ever since.

What's currently in your bag: Driver - Ping G25.....3 Wood - Ping G20......3I-PW - Ping I20....Wedges - Vokey 56.08 and 52.08.....Putter - Wilson 8884.....Bag Ping

What golf ball do you use: Whatever the other guys find in the bush and give to me. Honestly no real preference. My game isn’t that great to be choosy.

Dream golfing purchase: I would like to own a golf shop, but they don’t make any money. Also I would have to employ people who know golf stuff though as I have no idea.

Favourite golf course played: I liked Laguna Quays when it was in action. Hyatt at Coolum is also up there.

Dream golf destination, or trip: I would like to do the Tassie golfing trip with the chartered plane etc with a bunch of golfer buddies.

If you could pick three others, dead or alive, to play a round with, who would they be:
    Billy Connolly is a given
    Ben Roberts-Smith (the VC Medal recipient, shit he could tell some stories)
    Michael Jordan
    (If I would have said Miley Cyrus would that be wrong)

If you could pick three ozgolfers to play a round with, who would they be: Way too hard to answer, as most of them are the funniest guys I know.

Your favourite golf memory: Again too many but one comes to mind....Playing in Melbourne a few years back with Haysey, Courty, Jack & a mate of mine. It was a pretty funny trip on some really great courses. Also the first time I saw Tiger Woods.

Have you ever had a hole in one? If yes, talk us through it: Are you kidding? Just sticking it on the green is an accomplishment

Have you ever had a “Solarman moment”? If yes, talk us through it: I suppose one of the funniest was playing with Jack (who didn’t know me), Courty and Haysey, when Jack told me to "take my normal stance" when I was putting on his line at the Commonwealth in Melbourne. I proceeded to stand like a cross between a stick insect and road kill. Still talk about it to this day. Also throwing the ball with some sand out of bunkers there while no one was looking and pretending I had hit it out. Don’t think Jack wants me back.

At Commonwealth GC

Favourite current tour player: Ernie Els

Favourite golfer past or present? Why: Tiger by a mile. He had everything you could wish for in golfer both on and off the course.

Favourite Australian golfer: Craig Parry, because he is an Aussie. Past golfers would be IBF and Brett Ogle because I felt sorry for them at the time with their troubles.

Here's a few bonus videos of the NAGA Emeritus in action:

At Paradise Palms

At Palmer Sea Reef

At The National GC (Old Course)
    Last edited by Courty; 12th October 2013 at 02:53 PM.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Thread Information