Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

Threaded View

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Default Samsung Galaxy S circlejerk thread

Back from the UK and I still have my old Nokia brick shockproof/waterproof thing.

I have to get on a decent-sized cap, which means a smartphone included. I have whittled the field down to the Samsung and the iPhone. Both me and the missus need a plan/phone.

The state of play is:
    • I am going to go with Optus (best value plans for what we need plus free calls to each other)
    • Buying online gets you two months free, which is too good to resist, so "keep trying different stores until you find one with the iPhone 4" doesn't really work.
    • iPhone 4 seems to be anything from 2 to 6 weeks away and the 2 months free offer expires at the end of Nov so I need to act before I can be sure it will be available.
    • iPhone 3GS and Samsung Galaxy S are the two available phones that most appeal to me.
    • I feel a bit rough paying the same coin for a 3GS as for the 4 (if I could have waited) as the 3GS is 8gb and the 4 is 16gb or 32gb.
    Which should I plumb for and why?

The memory deficiency aside (8gb instead of 16 or 32), is the 3GS really that inferior to iPhone 4?

I already have years of music in iTunes. Will those audio files be able to be loaded onto the Galaxy if I go that way or will I have to download them all again from CD/web?
    Last edited by Scottt; 9th March 2011 at 04:30 PM.

Thread Information