Quote Originally Posted by Maxbxl View Post
Thanks Mark. Of note: this was not a Pennant match and the score itself has no impact on anything else, I was just curious.

I agree with everything you said above. I think it comes down to the following options as to what happenned or what was inferred:

1) player B conceded the *hole*, match score is 2-up
2) player B conceded the stroke, player A does not concede B's putt, B picks up his ball and hole is lost, score is 2-up
3) player B conceded the stroke, losing the match, player A then concedes player B's putt, match score is 1-up

Probably comes down to asking player A: did you concede his putt on the 18th? I'm not sure they would have put a lot of thought into that once the match was won.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
The gentlemanly move, and by far most common is to concede the putt and take the 1 up victory. In 15 years of pennant, I've never seen otherwise. If someone tried telling me to putt the 6 footer to see if they win 2up or 1up, I'd tell them to go **** themselves, pick up my marker and walk away.

The only time it could even be considered is in a situation like Blakey has referred to, where total holes won could have an impact on the outcome for the team.