Thanks to Amanda for organising the day. NB has some of the strangest holes I have ever experienced, double dogleg par 5's, back to back par 5's, trouble left on almost every hole . Didn't know where the hell I was going (or had been) half the time.

The match, see sawing would be a good description. I was 3 up after 8, playing reasonable but Tony was struggling a little on the greens.

Then Tony won 9,10,11 and 12 to hit the lead 1 up with 6 to play. I then won the next 3, 2 up with 3 to play.

Snaked a 30 footer for par on the 16th, to halve the hole, dormy 2. Lost 17 but won the last. End result, 2 up.

We only halved 1 hole on the back, about 2 halves on the front. A very interesting match, we started to debate what would happen if Tony won the last, toss a coin, have a chip off etc, didn't matter.

Thanks to Jono for the loan of the driver, pity about the scratch, it asked more questions than it answered I'm afraid , it went quite well when I sat down and thought about it. First time in ages I have actually achieved run on a golf course

Andippy, do your thing

Pete