Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

Threaded View

Senior Member Major Winner

Got back from a quick 3 day Adelaide jaunt, where played 6 rounds in 3days. Here are some quick thoughts on the courses we played.

Royal Adelaide
    A gem as always. Unfortunately the course was playing soft and damp, which detracted from the normal experience. Always get a chubb on 3 and 11, this time was no different.

Grange West
    Presented immaculately. No real outstanding holes, but no clangers either. Pro shop staff outrageously helpful. Very slow on the front 9, but managed to play the 18th in twilight.

Patawalonga
    For what it is, the course is interesting, and in decent enough nick. Clearly no one who plays here is interested in fixing pitch marks. Every green was pock marked. If you can get over the noise and smell of jet fuel, it's worth a visit

Grange East
    Also excellently presented. An interesting track that is better than I remembered it. Certainly helped by nice clusters of holes along the wetlands and some quality on the back 9. The Norman bunkering aesthetics could use some softening. The removal of trees and encroaching houses on the back 9 was a disappointment.

Glenelg
    Love playing here. Course was mint, and can already see many of the subtle changes being put in place here. Would happily be a member here. Members here were also very friendly and up for plenty of banter.

Kooyonga
    The best presented course on the trip. I thought it was over rated last time I was here, but lots of nice changes have been made to make me change my mind. The slowest round we had by a country mile, stuck behind a members 5 ball. Everyone was friendly, but it was made clear every other golf course in Adelaide is beneath them - the very strange elitist vibe was unfortunate.

My ranking for this trip:
    RA
    Glenelg
    Kooyonga
    Grange East
    Grange West
    Patawalonga
    Last edited by benno_r; 26th April 2022 at 11:54 AM.

Thread Information