Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

Threaded View

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default My name is Blakey and I'm becoming a Lawn Bowler

Buggar- H'cap is 6.3 and only 0.2 away from my highest handicap in over 25 years, and its time to consider where I am going with this bloody game. I used to laugh myself stupid at G69's handicap graph going up like petrol prices, but dont I look silly now. 3.8 straight to 6.3 and no sign of stopping.

The main trigger for this thinking is taking inspiration from my Dad. He was a much better golfer than I could ever dream of (even though a bad accident cut him down in his prime), and at exactly the same age and handicap as I am now, he decided he wouldn't get any better so he chucked it all in and played Lawn Bowls.

Best decision he ever made, within 3 years of starting he was playing for Qld and had stayed there for 10 years, and had even more prolific career as a Bowler.

Unfortunately the horse has bolted there as well - back than Dad was the youngest in the State team, now the oldest is 28, and the best bowlers are under 21.

Dad has only watched me play golf a couple of times, and one of those was my best ever, so i reckon it would be really cool to follow in his footsteps again whilst he is still around.

31/12/2008 : If there aint a marked form reversal if dont get back to 5.0 by then, thats it, R.I.P. Golf.
    Last edited by markTHEblake; 20th September 2008 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Revised Target
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Thread Information