Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Virge's Swing.

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by virge666 View Post
    It didn't stop all day - not for a moment. I hit 4 wood to a par 3, one of my partners hit 5 iron over the back... that lasted two holes...

Then it was driver - 4 wood to a 350 Par 4...
    Awesome!

Of course, I would happily bunt it around for 35 points off your handicap.
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Welcome back Virge....

RIP - Duncan Bennett & Leon Treadwell

Unitlink

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by razaar View Post
    Good to read that you are back on the course. Interested in why your shot distances have dropped off so dramatically.
    I have NO core muscles... and I mean none.

I can do about 5 or 6 situps before I need a rest. I can bridge or plank for about 20 seconds before failing.

I am still 10kg lighter than I was and my legs look like Sam Worthington's in Avatar.

No core and no legs to stabilise means no power.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryLong View Post
    Of course, I would happily bunt it around for 35 points off your handicap.
    Just looking at my stats - Up and down from 50m in 8 out of 9 times... with no bunker shots. My longest drive was 217m.

Says a lot about low markers doesn't it.

Banned

did they show you the angry cat virge?

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Great stuff Virge! Awesome that your back and playing. I'm happy for you.

As a welcoming back gift, would you like to play Sunday week at 10:30 at NSW?

Let me know if you'd like to have a bash there mate.

Quote Originally Posted by ParMaster View Post

As a welcoming back gift, would you like to play Sunday week at 10:30 at NSW?

I would love to - but I cannot do Sats or Suns, got a newborn as well... I can sneak away during the week - but not the weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by zigwah View Post
    did they show you the angry cat virge?
    The last person to show me that was a girl called Melissa, she was a very talented girl.

I would love to - but I cannot do Sats or Suns, got a newborn as well... I can sneak away during the week - but not the weekend...
    Aww, congratulations.

OK, reality has bitten. 2 rounds in two weeks - shot 81 and 88.

And in my first year of not playing Major Pennants - the bastards are going to make their first final in 5 years. Friggin typical. I didn't know I have been holding them back all these years.

To show how bad I am hitting it - here is a picture of impact. Way too stuck and flipping it big time.

FlipCity..JPG

Two good bits of news, 2 of my students won the B and C grade Monthly medal last Saturday, both of them beat me off the stick, including the C grader off 21. Also, the club captain walks up to me and said G'Day and asked how I was doing... I said, "I just shot 90, how the **** do you think I am doing" which got a laugh.

Lastly, on our Eleventh hole with is drivable 265m Par 4, I went all "tin cup" and put my first 3 tee shots out of bounds right... 7 off the tee and a three putt for another "Eleven"

Golf is a funny game !

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

You have a strange sense of humour if you think shooting 90 is funny.
    Forum needs more banter.

OK, reality has bitten. 2 rounds in two weeks - shot 81 and 88.

And in my first year of not playing Major Pennants - the bastards are going to make their first final in 5 years. Friggin typical. I didn't know I have been holding them back all these years.

To show how bad I am hitting it - here is a picture of impact. Way too stuck and flipping it big time.
    Hey Virge, I seem to have the same problems. How would you try to eliminate this?
    "Somebody's closer"

Hey Virge, what is that guy behind you in the pic doing - left hand low?
    Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

Virge,

In the pic your left hand should be almost past your left thigh for where the shaft is in the pic. I am sure you will know what to do to get it there.
    Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

Hey Virge, what is that guy behind you in the pic doing - left hand low?
    It looks like he's a "backhander" upon first glance, but if you look at the length of the grip there is a lot of space left below his left hand. It's hard to tell for sure, but I think he is just holding the tip of the butt in his right-hand fingers while he works out the grip on his left hand (still at the top of the grip).

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

OK, reality has bitten. 2 rounds in two weeks - shot 81 and 88.!
    And here was me stressing about playing with a flusher like you on Friday at Twin Creeks. You'll fit right in with those scores!

edit - I haven't played for two weeks and put my back out on Friday... Chiro is helping a bit....

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by henno View Post
    It looks like he's a "backhander" upon first glance, but if you look at the length of the grip there is a lot of space left below his left hand. It's hard to tell for sure, but I think he is just holding the tip of the butt in his right-hand fingers while he works out the grip on his left hand (still at the top of the grip).
    Henno, could be the famous Josh Broadaway, played on the Nationwide Tour cross handed. Looks a bit young to be my uncle, he managed to get it round Kooralbyn years ago off 12-14 cross handed, couldn't hit a hook to save his life.

Virge,

In the pic your left hand should be almost past your left thigh for where the shaft is in the pic. I am sure you will know what to do to get it there.
    Mate - My right hip should be about 2 feet in front of where it is now... there is no rotation with the lower half, just a big slide. Gimme a few weeks, we should be able to sort that shit out.

That being said I can still play nine holes - but around 8 or 9, fatigue just sets in and I turn to mush. Especially in the humid heat that is Sydney at present. But enough girlish excuses...

The guy was just changing his grip BTW...

Hey Virge, I seem to have the same problems. How would you try to eliminate this?
    Easy - you rotate your left hip and try and hit the ball with your right butt cheek. Flipping is caused by the body not moving correctly or rotating. It is an easy fix and is the reason why most people think they hit the ball too high. I will show you a comparison once I get it sorted.

Hey Dion, do we have a cart on Friday ?
    Attached Images

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

yep ,we've got carts at Twin Creeks (& Riverside Oaks fwiw). I'm gonna need one.

We can compare handsy flip swings and see who can generate the most backspin with driver.

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by BrisVegas View Post
    yep ,we've got carts at Twin Creeks (& Riverside Oaks fwiw). I'm gonna need one.

We can compare handsy flip swings and see who can generate the most backspin with driver.

Awesome... I am up for it then.

Wont be able to do Catttai though - that is just too far away from home - I wont get home till god know when.

Cant do that with a bub

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrisVegas View Post

Tremendous news! I didn't really feel like walking much on Fri morning either

Mate - My right hip should be about 2 feet in front of where it is now... there is no rotation with the lower half, just a big slide. Gimme a few weeks, we should be able to sort that shit out.

The guy was just changing his grip BTW...

Actually that is not what I see in the pic....I see the right forearm being very passive and not lending any push through impact. The old teachers advised to try to get the elbows as close together as possible once the swing was underway. This one little thought sets up the rotation/rotation of the arms and eliminates an area where slack can creep into the swing. At impact the hands need to be ahead of a line drawn from your sternum to the ball to achieve the best results. Something for you to consider.

Right forearm can't add anything to the shot, as the right arm is almost straight....

RIP - Duncan Bennett & Leon Treadwell

Unitlink

Actually that is not what I see in the pic....I see the right forearm being very passive and not lending any push through impact. The old teachers advised to try to get the elbows as close together as possible once the swing was underway. This one little thought sets up the rotation/rotation of the arms and eliminates an area where slack can creep into the swing. At impact the hands need to be ahead of a line drawn from your sternum to the ball to achieve the best results. Something for you to consider.
    Yep - perfect for a two plane golf swing, diabolical for a one plane swing like mine is meant to be. (Meant to be . . .)

The right elbow stays behind and I use the rotation of my lower body to lag the golf club. I try to not use outside rotation of the right forearm at all in the swing... again, TRY TO. Failing miserably here.

With no core strength - my lower half is stalling and everything else just depends on what my hands are doing for that swing... it is rubbish and inconsistent. That left arm is also very bent which also leads to inconsistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    Right forearm can't add anything to the shot, as the right arm is almost straight....
    Exactly.. nice one.

All it can do is flip - to add power to the swing. Which takes compression and control away

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    It is the straightening of the right arm which gives positive assistance (a push) to the left.

Thread Information