Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    goughy

Default Ozgolf Championship Results

OK everyone. I knew some of you would be hanging out to hear what is happening today. Jarro has just sms'ed me the results from the morning round.

DougK (0) will only play the PM round....
    Jarro (12) 32
    AndyP (14) 30
    Choppa (20) 36

Tez (5) 29
    Gaz (10) 37
    Eags (15) 30
    Kee (27) 19

Blakey (5) 32
    Jono (10) 34
    Macleod (15) 30
    Andylo (27) 23

Vegas (6) 30
    Nudgee (10) 27
    Iain (16) 37
    Damo (25) 34

Senecio (10) 28
    Trung (9) 35
    Drunken (19) 27
    brooky17(17) 42!! Looks like we have a clubhouse leader. A lot of catchup work to be done.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Default Re: Ozgolf Championship Results

Quote Originally Posted by goughy
    brooky17(17) 42!! Looks like we have a clubhouse leader. A lot of catchup work to be done.
    Someone's being spending some quality time at the range!!

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

apart from Trung - dissapointing scores by the single hcp players...

*that should get them going*
    My PGC Handicap

WITB Sept 2010
    Currently Undecided: Ping G10 or BStone J33R
    Currently Undecided: Cally Fusion 3W or Cally Steelhead III 3+W or Titleist 904F
    Currently Undecided: King Cobra 2300IM or Cally X20 Tour
    Switch BTW: TM RAC 52/58 & Cleve RTG 53/58
    Wilson TPA Blade

goughy

Quote Originally Posted by McMw
    apart from Trung - dissapointing scores by the single hcp players...

*that should get them going*
    Pitty none of them will get a chance to read your words of encouragement before the second round :P

ave. score: 31

=D> =D> =D>

hope it was a good walk.. coz it was definitely a long one

good stuff brooky!

u could sms them....
    but looking at the time now, they're probably done with their 2nd round as well....
    My PGC Handicap

WITB Sept 2010
    Currently Undecided: Cally Fusion 3W or Cally Steelhead III 3+W or Titleist 904F
    Wilson TPA Blade

goughy

Quote Originally Posted by McMw
    u could sms them....
    but looking at the time now, they're probably done with their 2nd round as well....
    But that would have cost me like - 25c

Different course for the 2nd 18 so who knows what could happen.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

There were definitely some remarkable scores and achievements in the second round.

To Summarise

Winner: Iain
    Gross: GazGolf
    NTP: AndyLo
    Long Drive: Dion

Scores listed here in Championship order (nett)

--
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

goughy

Woo Hoo Iain, gaz, andylo and bris. Well done guys.

Looks like the second 18 was a bitch eh!

How was the day guys. Enquiring minds want to know.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by goughy

How was the day guys. Enquiring minds want to know.
    for me, it was a loooooong day left home at 3:30am this morning, and walked in my door 20 minutes ago ....... 300Kms

the courses themselves were great, particularly the river course (west course)

all in all i think everyone had a great day, should be some nice pic's posted eventually. thanks everyone that helped arrange things for the day.. it all went well

bring on next year
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

Wow what a bloody long day.
    I feel like a 100 year old man
    My shot making was disgracefull, the only thing I saw that was worse was that blokes rug on the dancefloor at the bowls club.

Thanks one and all for a top weekend
    AndyP for doing all the running around and organising Jono & Trung for making the trip up, Tez for lending me his shoes Sat night and Nudgee for letting me try out some new equipment, thanks mate

Well done Iain, good playing today mate. =D>
    Congrats Gaz for the gross winner

Anyways off to bed for me, talk to you guys again soon.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Eags
    Wow what a bloody long day.
    You can say that again Eag's, I'm knackered.....

That's guys rug at the bowl's club was hilarious :smt043

And Macca's worms.... :smt106 (He'll be banned from Sizzler soon....)

The golf was ok, for the first 18 anyway, hit some of the best drives in that 18, The Package was all over the shop and Iron Byron (Dion) was having an off day, but they had nuttin' anyway....

Two Putt (Damo) showed us how to hit you're first putt 4m short and then just knock in the 2nd, time after time after time.....

The 2nd 18 was a shambles (I let Brooky17 tell about his adventure) in the last group with Gaz (knock it up the middle and on for two all day), Choppa and Brooky17, I thought it was all over when on the 14th Par 5, had a 4 footer or so for an eagle to peg back Gaz by 3 shots, and I 3 putt it for a Par..... But I hit some good drives, not as many as the first 18, but ok....

The River course was definatley harder/tighter than the west, as well as some B#@ch pin postitions and damn fast greens made for a few 3 putts....

A big thanks to G69 for the inital organisation, AndyP for taking over after G69 piked on us, Goughy/Clikchic/Jarro for the shirts, Blakey for the POTY prizes, and finally Flowergirl for the lovely flowers that I recieved (With the naughty note that Jarro missed!! :smt112 ).....

Iain

PS - To Trung, I have both 3am starts and 2am finishes in the next few weeks, so don't be suprised to get a few calls, one each for everyone that got one at 3am this morning......

RIP - Duncan Bennett & Leon Treadwell

Unitlink

I'm confused....what were you guys playing??? stroke or stableford???
    My PGC Handicap

WITB Sept 2010
    Wilson TPA Blade

good stuff Iain =D> to be fair tho it's not like the competition was tuff

Where's Brooky17?

Sounds like the wind got to people on the River course.

How did people play the "chute" hole? (The 12th hole - par 4, about 340 m in length.) If the wind is blowing across the hole it plays like an absolute bi#$h.

Default What a day

what a b$%ch of a day. First round really set the scene for me for the day - played an absolute shocker - first four drivers found four fairwways but unfortunately for me not ours!!! Our group was just in awe of Iains striking power and we called his victory very early in the piece although from the second round scores there seemed to be a bit of choking going on.

The driver and putter (not me of course) misbehaved badly in the first round. A quick change of both for the second round and thankfully at least the driver behaved (except for the two OBs). Boy the river course was tight but I must say I enjoyed it better - maybe coz I didnt sux like in the first round!!

Anyway a big thanks for the organisers as the day went smoothly and I think we all had a great day - a long one but a good one.

On a final note I blame my poor form on the day to two things:

that friggin guys rug at the Bowls club - it gave me nightmares all night and Trung waking us up at 3:30 am could not get back to sleep - Trung revenger will happen !!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/faaHHg2.jpg[/img

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Thanks for the day, everyone. In fact, thanks for the weekend. It was a blast.

Congratulations to Iain on his dual titles, and well done to Gaz on best gross, as well. =D>
    Great drive, Vegas, and nice pin shot, Andylo. Make sure you give us the full details of that shot, Andy.

One award that wasn't mentioned was the illustrious wooden spoon. Hope your golf didn't spoil your day, Kee. Hide that spoon in a cupboard, and enjoy those quality Dunlop Black Max balls.

Thanks also go for the other prize donations.
    Thankyou FG, Jono, Blakey, and prmeier.

Thanks Trung for the early morning phone call.

As for my golf, wasn't too good, wasn't too bad. I could rarely string a few good shots in a row.
    Wind didn't really get up too much, but it didn't stop the courses from playing tough.
    And can you imagine the CCR from our comp.

Although I didn't find it physically tiring, I was well and truly drained by the end of the weekend (still haven't worked out if I am going to work today ). But it was worth it.

Time to start preparing for the 2005 OZgolf.net Championships.

(as posted on previous thread)......Fantastic effort Iain - looks like you played great golf. Bad luck to all you losers
    Glad that you all had a great time........hope to join you all next year.

( and the note with the flowers wasn't really naughty- I said I would send the winner flowers )

Still want to know what happened to you know who's monster choke!
    Where are all the photos???????????
    FlowerGolf

What's in the bag

Driver :Taylormade R7 draw HT
    3 & 5 wood -Taylormade R7 draw
    Hybrid - TM R7 draw 22,28
    5 - SW Taylormade XD Burner
    60 - Wishon wedges
    Putter - Yes Natalie
    Ball - Whatever!!

Member Club Champion

Thanks all for a great and long day. I'm still knackered this morning at work, and there is a few looming deadlines today. Should be an interesting caffeine fuelled day.

I'm going to have to find a place in the study room to mount the wooden spoon. And the Dunlops will be in play hopefully this week.

It was a beautiful day and both courses were very nice. But I enjoyed the West course more for obvious reasons. I had the privilege of playing with Gaz, Eags, Tez, Drunken, OzMcLeod, and Senecio. Thanks guys for the rounds.

Thanks Andyp, G69, and Marktheblake for organizing the day. It went smoothly and I had a great time. Well done Iain for taking the champs, and BrisVegas and Andylo for the long drive and NTP respectively. Finally, thanks DougK for the tips and encouragement.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Default Re: What a day

Quote Originally Posted by nudgee
    On a final note I blame my poor form on the day to two things:

that friggin guys rug at the Bowls club - it gave me nightmares all night and Trung waking us up at 3:30 am could not get back to sleep - Trung revenge will happen !!!!!!
    Trung.... if I were you, I'd be a bit concerned about having nudgee plotting revenge against me....

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Legend of OZgolf Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Thanks guys for a great time I think I'll have to try and make the effort to get to a few OZGolf days in Brisbane.

Although my golfing wasn't the greatest my day was made when I scored a nice Birdie on the 8th of the River Course.

Speaking of Trung just be glad you didn't have to sleep in the same room as the guy who didn't sleep ALL night....
    RIP 1984-2006

Trungie's Report.

Jono & I arrived at Coolangatta Airport on time at 6.30pm. Richard (Eag's) was there with the limo waiting. Thank you Richard.
    We drove back to the motel and I shared a room with Drunken.

We all left for the bowling club for dinner. After dinner & a few drinks, we headed back to the motel.

My bed was so soft, it felt more like a waterbed. After a while, Drunken & I decided to call it a night around midnight. Drunken got a few hours of bed time. I couldn't sleep and was up all night.
    Iain (the champ) handed me some cash and a list of phone numbers. He said, "you know what to do"...

Damo, Drunken & I left with Richard for breakie in the morning. Due to the amount of U-turns Richard had to do (without power steering), we wrote him off for the title even before we got to the course.

1st 18s
    Played with Brooky, Senecio & Drunken.
    Brooky - 42 points (with a wipe on the 1. Sensational striker of the ball for a 17HCPer. Hehe. Good all round short game. Par 3s destroyer. =D>
    Senecio started well but lost his way from the tee on the back 9.
    Drunken couldn't control his right to left tee shots.
    I started slow, was 4 down after 5 holes and got back to even after 14 and then dropped a shot from a 3-putt.

Lunch.
    I think everyone had a go at Brooky for his 42 points.

2nd 18s
    Played with Jarro, Jono & Damo.
    I went for the green in 2 and found the water on the right. Damn. First 4 holes score were (7,6,8,7). So it was good bye to Trung.
    Had 8 on the short par 3 3rd hole (120m)....

Jono.. was a bit sick after 1 beer from the night before. Drove the ball well, could have been anything if he kept it together for 18 holes.
    Jarro.. Whats doing with the 2-iron?
    Damo.. Very conservative with tee shots. Take whats needed to get to the corner of doglegs. Nothing more, nothing less. Should be able to improve on his HCP soon.

Congrats to IAIN, =D>
    Thanks to Jarro for the trip back to the airport.
    Thank you for everyone for turning up. =D> I had a great time. See you all again soon.

Legend of OZgolf Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Trung
    Trungie's Report.

Damo, Jono & I left with Richard for breakie in the morning. Due to the amount of U-turns Richard had to do (without power steering), we wrote him off for the title even before we got to the course.
    Mate I know I do a good impersonation but I think I deserve a medal for that one....either that or your lack of sleep the night before got the better of you
    RIP 1984-2006

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Oh it was a great day.

The river course had to be my favourite. Beautiful weather, great company, good test of golf, the beautiful sounds of nature and the melodic sounds of 3 mobile (Gaz, Iain and Brooky) phones ringing, no singing, as we made our way around the course.

Just beautiful

I think the ho's choice this weekend was the MOBILE PHONE!

Duncan, sorry mate

Thread Information