Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    goughy

Default Ozgolf Championship Results

OK everyone. I knew some of you would be hanging out to hear what is happening today. Jarro has just sms'ed me the results from the morning round.

DougK (0) will only play the PM round....
    Jarro (12) 32
    AndyP (14) 30
    Choppa (20) 36

Tez (5) 29
    Gaz (10) 37
    Eags (15) 30
    Kee (27) 19

Blakey (5) 32
    Jono (10) 34
    Macleod (15) 30
    Andylo (27) 23

Vegas (6) 30
    Nudgee (10) 27
    Iain (16) 37
    Damo (25) 34

Senecio (10) 28
    Trung (9) 35
    Drunken (19) 27
    brooky17(17) 42!! Looks like we have a clubhouse leader. A lot of catchup work to be done.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

next champs i think we need to enforce the "no mobile phone" rule

just be thankfull you guys didn't get the phone call as early as i did ... 2bloodythirty

great day, sorry i missed the granny convention at the bowls club maybe next time.

thanks to Ozmacleod for not eating the lovely flowers FG donated to the winner..

Kee, don't hang that spoon on your wall mate, i'm sure someone will take it off your hands REAL soon

.. and thanks to all my playing partners for being so understanding and patient
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by jarro
    Kee, don't hang that spoon on your wall mate, i'm sure someone will take it off your hands REAL soon
    Actually, he gets to keep that one. Especially made for the 2004 Champs wooden spooner.

... and thanks to all my playing partners for being so understanding and patient
    I never recovered after playing with you in the first round. :P

Thanks to my playing partners Jarro, Choppa, Blakey, Vegas and Eag's for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    and finally Flowergirl for the lovely flowers that I recieved (With the naughty note that Jarro missed!! :smt112 ).....
    don't worry, i saw it (thanks AndyP )

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

great day, sorry i missed the granny convention at the bowls club maybe next time.
    You also missed Trung picking up the waitress AND her daughter.... No wonder he couldn't sleep

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

just be thankfull you guys didn't get the phone call as early as i did ... 2bloodythirty
    I sent ya a txt at 2.30 mate. I spoke to you around 4am

Quote Originally Posted by Trung
    I sent ya a txt at 2.30 mate. I spoke to you around 4am
    still woke me up

bet you slept well last night

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Andy Lo's Report

The day is so enjoyable and I have experienced another (difficult) course I never played. I Love It.

I thought I have bought my A game to the course but I was wrong, screwed up my 1st tee shot in the 1st 18 (lucky noone is watching) and my driver is generally not working for me. Time to time I will have a good shot when everything is connected but it's quire rare.

1st 18
    Playing with Ozmacloed, Jono and MTB. As I said I screwed my tee shot badly after seeing MTB, Jono hit their gigantic drive (I was so supprised how well an aging body and outdated, fairway wood size Callaway driver works) I belt one up and top the ball 50 meters to the left!! But Scotty gave me (endless) encourgment so I start picking up the game bit by bit.

The 1st course is quite hard and I only hitted 2 drives that it playable... during the 18 I ask Macca is it the hard course or easy course and he told me I was playing the easy one... OMG!!!

Highlight of first 18
    The only one I did well is at 11 after a short break, hit a drive good enough but landed right hand side rough, then excuted my favourite Maxfli shot and (with luck) faded onto the green. (Then withnese Jono hit his skip water shot!! WOW ) and I pared the hole. Yeah.

2nd 18
    Playing with Nudgee, DougK and Tez. I think we are the shotgun group. On the 1st par 5 I just realised it's a crazy dog left to right and I was shocked Tez, and Doug hit their tee shot good, Nudgee hit a OK shot and then it's my turn... ohoh.... intentionally teeing the ball a bit higher in case I duff it in front of all OZG fellas then I pull the darn ball to the left!! LOL then a 8 iron to back to the fairway, a pure 3 iron hit that hit the freaking branch, and a pure 6 iron shot to the green beautifully... played boggy. I thought my game is coming back but HAHA.... not really.

After another few hit I lost my good feel and I start screwing everything up again. But thankfully to DougK he gave me endless tips and quick lessons to save the rest of the day. I hit more pure shot then I should.

Highlight of 2nd 18
    Bad one 1st... scored 12 and 10 on a par 3 in the middle and the finally hole... thanks to the kindness of Nudgee thu (or else it will be 24 and 20). I trapped in bunker and I hit ENDLESS bunker shot without having the ball escape from the trap. Especially the last hole even I was hitting it out it rolls to another bunker and I just realised that no matter when I hit I am surrounded by bunkers!!!!!!!!!! At the end I ask Tez and DougK very loudly (but not rude) who the f*** designed the course

Now the Good one!! Nearest To Pin award
    With all the frustration I had I really finding a way to connect everything together. But seeing DougK hit a well hit onto the green, Tez hit a very good shot just short of the green, Nudgee UNLEASHED a pure hit and landed so close to the pin (and we all cheering)... I was so nervous.

So I told myself, "yeah, what the hell "... had I few practise swing, find the feeling and smack the ball with 7 iron... it goes high, landed pretty soft on the green but I can't hit where I hit exactly.

So then Tez and Nudgee drive off to go for a drink and me a DougK go to the green and he kindly offered me a swing lesson. And after everybody is back we just realise the ball is the closest to the PIN and Tez said this is the hole we play the NTP WOW!

Nudgee kindly helped me to pin the card to the ground and I keep trying to implement what DougK taught me in the rest of the round.

When I finished 17 we meet MTB's team and MTB told me jarro just token the award from me! I thought "good on him, I don't deserve it anyway for how bad I play"

When the game is finish I go to jarro and congrat him for that and he told me he hitted it close but not as close as I did so I should still be in the award....

The moment when AndyP announced my name I was REALLY REALLY very HAPPY!! The 1st real award in my golf career

Conclusion:
    I enjoyed the day so much and thanks to
    Scotty's endless encourgment
    DougK's tips, lesson, especially the time (like 30 mins at least) he spent on me taught me how to hit bunker shot.
    AndyP and MTB to organising the event.
    EVERYBODY else that I played and not played with.

Quote Originally Posted by Choppa
    You also missed Trung picking up the waitress AND her daughter.... No wonder he couldn't sleep
    maybe

Andylo - great report! I can't wait to meet you on Saturday at Nambour

Hey guys, I haven't heard the results of Jono's (it was jono wasn't it) new putting style.

Any comments? How many putts did he have?

Senior Member Major Winner

How close was this NTP though?
    Lucy Harris smart smart smart, Martin Harris dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman Dan
    It was about 1-2 foot wasn't it??? I was too busy figuring how to get my putt to stop within 5 foot.....

RIP - Duncan Bennett & Leon Treadwell

Unitlink

It was about 1-2 foot wasn't it??? I was too busy figuring how to get my putt to stop within 5 foot.....
    I was a great NTP. Couldn't have been more than 18 inches.

Sorry A-Lo but we were surprised to see it was your name over some of the low markers

I was a great NTP. Couldn't have been more than 18 inches.

Sorry A-Lo but we were surprised to see it was your name over some of the low markers
    No doubt about it, a great shot!!!

RIP - Duncan Bennett & Leon Treadwell

Unitlink

i think it was actually more like 3-4 feet. a great shot indeed.

i know because he ONLY JUST beat my tee-shot

Senior Member Major Winner

Not that you're bitter or anything :P
    Lucy Harris smart smart smart, Martin Harris dumb.

Nah, it couldn't have been more than 2 or 3 inches at most.

While we're at it did you see Vegas' monster drive on the 18th. At least 340 meters, probably closer to 360 meters....HUGE

While we're at it did you see Vegas' monster drive on the 18th. At least 340 meters, probably closer to 360 meters....HUGE
    It was around 260m into the wind, I had the yardage book with me.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

It was around 260m into the wind, I had the yardage book with me.
    Geez, way to rain on my parade Trungy.

Should have seen the next shot from 230m when I attempted to get home in 2 for the fans..... Cold-topped 3 wood about 100 metres. Ended up having a 3rd shot of 140 metres... It just wasn't happening yesterday. Noticed in Macca's pics that on my opening tee shot I had my weight on the back foot. Probably explains the dozen or so pull-hooks I hit

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

18th on the River Course is a 486m Par 5.

260m drive left you with around 230m is correct .

18th on the River Course is a 486m Par 5.

260m drive left you with around 230m is correct .
    Not sure, couldn't be buggered looking for a sprinkler head.... If you say so! It looked a long way away, but remotely possible. Also, I noticed there was a few people sitting next to the green, so figured I'd give them a bit of a thrill... If only....

golflink WITB

Quote Originally Posted by BrisVegas
    Also, I noticed there was a few people sitting next to the green, so figured I'd give them a bit of a thrill... If only....
    we were in desperate need of a thrill by that stage

gotta say how impressed i was with the river course ... what a little gem also have to say the bent greens on our first 18 were a lot slower than the last time we played there

some of the bunkers were very penal, almost impossible to hit the ball towards the flag at all... particularly on the 17th.. poor old Damo came unstuck in one of those nasty bunkers.

I thought the greens on the river course were fantastic finding a G.I.R did in no way mean you were assured of getting your par. some of the pin placements on the day were savage too.. pins cut on the side of slopes and the like.. made for a bad putters nightmare

not for me, i sunk 'em all

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

From the few times I played there, the River course struck me as a ballstriker's course. ie. it rewards precise tee shots and well placed 2nd shots. Because of the slope of the greens, and yes, some of them are 2 and even 3 steppes, if you are in the wrong part of the green, you are praying to ONLY 3 putt it.

jarro's right, it is a little gem of a course that comes up and bites you bigtime, if you're not hitting the pill well.

This coming from a 22 handicapper, that refused to pick up his sticks for 2 months after playing there...

Some interesting stats...

Only 4 players improved their morning scores:
    Nudgee 92-86
    Drunken 100-96
    MacLeod 93-92
    Vegas 84-83

The other 15 players shot on average 10.8 worse in the afternoon.

Biggest improver was Nudgee, picking up 6 shots 92-86.
    Biggest slide was brooky17, shooting 35 shots worse 83-118.

The only player to break 80 all day was gazgolf1 with a fine 78 in the morning.

The average gross score for the morning round was 89.7. Afternoon round average was 97.6.

golflink WITB

Thread Information