Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 90 FirstFirst ... 34 74 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2242

Thread: Run OZgolf Run

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

That hurts just reading about it. What an awesome effort.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    And he's done, 15:22 Awesome Haysey.

The IM athlete tracking was as shocking as usual....... still doesn't have him finished.
    The alternate (read: non-official) app 'IMTrackr' is far more reliable, but it doesn't have the GPS tracking.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by haysey View Post
    Just signed up for this

http://www.greatbarrierreefmarathon....thon.14.0.html

I suspect I'll need to log a hell of a lot of kilometres between now and November but hopefully it'll be worth it.
    Half-marathon in 2013. Pfft, that's a tiny event for him now.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    When I next decide to do a marathon, I will definitely be training for a sub-3 hour race. At the moment, I've pencilled in the 2016 Tokyo Marathon. Then maybe another one later that year, to make it a sub-3 before and after 40 years of age.
    Looking at Hayesy posts, I also came across this one 3 years ago.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

I feel your pain ap. About this time last year I was planning on doing port Mac im last month. Now I can't walk 5k without pain. And still want to do stupid stuff! If you want to see something really funny watch me try and get up of the floor! Frickin hilarious.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Just got an email from my to club about upcoming exciting changes for next season (when they use 'exciting', you know it will be anything but). Due to various issues, the 6 race season will drop to 5, with 2 races locally and the other 3 in Dalby, Roma and Goondiwindi! We'll, that just about does us. No way I'll travel that far for a club sprint distance tri. Shame, as Jas wanted to step up in distance this season and I was going to get a loaner road bike from the club for her. Not happy Jan

Maybe I should post in the pissed off thread, to keep JC happy!
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

You should tell them. If there is enough resistance, they may reconsider.

He knows because I told him not to chase up a bike more for Jasmine cause I doubt we'll rejoin the club because of the changes to the races. His reply was Ok, no worries.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

I've only done 2 parkruns since May. PB is 24:39 but there's plenty of room for improvement...a few small stop start moments in the 4th and 5th kms due to going out just a little too hard. Aim is to break 24 mins by the end of Aug (or Cairns parkruns of time permits).

I've signed up for MyMarathon (run 42km during Oct for heart disease) and plan to combine that with Great Cycle Challenge (180km target) and a non-fundraising 3.8km swim. Maybe one day I'll have the endurance to do it all in one day, but I'll be happy enough to squeeze it into 31 days.

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

I need a new GPS solution...Fitbit Blaze/S8+ just doesn't cut it! Any not too expensive options that anyone recommends? Even something that I can pick up second hand for about $100

Anyway, I think I broke 24 mins this morning, but will find out for sure when the Parkrun results are uploaded.

Next week I'm entered in a 10km as part of the Western Sydney Marathon event...pretty confident that I can do it well under the hour mark, buy I'll get out on some longer runs this week and work on pacing myself properly.

Garmin Forerunner 10 or whatever is the current model that has replaced it is what I got my son a few years ago. A bit more than $100 but that's Garmin's entry level GPS watch. Try Pushys website for pricing.

You should have one hour covered comfortably for 10k. Likely under 55 min.

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KristianJ View Post
    I need a new GPS solution...Fitbit Blaze/S8+ just doesn't cut it! Any not too expensive options that anyone recommends? Even something that I can pick up second hand for about $100

Anyway, I think I broke 24 mins this morning, but will find out for sure when the Parkrun results are uploaded.

Next week I'm entered in a 10km as part of the Western Sydney Marathon event...pretty confident that I can do it well under the hour mark, buy I'll get out on some longer runs this week and work on pacing myself properly.
    I have a TomTom Runner cardio you could have for under $100
    Cobra Fly Z+ w/ Fujikura Pro 63x
    Cobra BioCell+ 16.5* w/ Diamana D+ 72s
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro 3-PW w/ Modus 120 S
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52*/56*
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 (knuckled)

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Cheers fellas. I'll look more into it. I've seen brand new Runner Cardios for about $130 so that could be a goer.

And 54:29 for my first 10km. A bit of trouble with a callous on my right little toe, and a headwind to contend with for the final couple of Kms, but I'm pleased with the time and how I've pulled up.

Let's see how you pull up over the next couple of days too.

You should have one hour covered comfortably for 10k. Likely under 55 min.
    Called it.

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Took me a while to find something, but I came across a 2nd hand Polar V800 yesterday and gave it a go today with a sedate 3 or so km around the block.

GPS accuracy looks excellent, so it's a goer. It didn't come with the heart rate chest strap, but at least I don't look as if I'm leaping/riding across watery graves and the like.

Wow, like 3 months between posts in here. This is extremely long winded, but thought maybe AP might be interested in this. This guy has been banned from triathlons in WA/Aust for course cutting, and here is a spiel about his recent attempt at an Ultra 100k in WA. A golf equivalent, this is the guy who would use a foot wedge blatantly in front of his own group, and the group behind and wouldn't give a shit.

This is from the AURA facebook page (there is a bit more if you want to check it out)

STATEMENT FROM THE AUSTRALIA DAY ULTRA AND ULTRA SERIES WA REGARDING THE
    DISQUALIFCATION OF MARK ROBSON FROM THE AUSTRALIA DAY ULTRA 2018
    Released Tuesday 23 January 2018
    The Australia Day Ultra and Ultra Series WA regretfully advises a competitor in the 100km
    event at the Australia Day Ultra held in Australind Western Australia on January 20 2018 has
    been disqualified from the event.
    We believe competitor number 25 Mark Robson cut the course short on up to seven
    occasions and did not complete the full 100km. We have the following supporting
    information that led to the decision to disqualify Mr Robson:
     The race is conducted as eight 12.5km laps conducted on an out and back course of
    6.25km distance each way. A timing transponder was carried by Mr Robson,
    however it recorded a reading on the timing mat at the 6.25km turnaround point
    only on the first of the eight laps of the race. On seven occasions no time was
    recorded.
     Two separate observers verified that Mr Robson was reaching the 3.1km aid station
    on race laps, however not reaching the 6.25km point. It is presumed Mr Robson
    turned around somewhere between the 3.1km and 6.25km mark of each lap when a
    transponder reading was not recorded.
     The volunteers at the 6.25km aid station were asked to look for Mr Robson coming
    through the aid station to check his transponder. The volunteers did not witness Mr
    Robson arriving or departing the aid station.
     A competitor who by the race results should have been overtaken by Mr Robson,
    cannot recall seeing Mr Robson pass him.
     A runner reported another competitor had seen Mr Robson running behind him, and
    then after the turnaround point noticed Mr Robson was now significantly in front of
    him.
    Given this information the Australia Day Ultra felt it had no other option other than to
    disqualify Mr Robson from the event.
    OBSERVATIONS FROM THE RACE DIRECTOR
    AND TIMING OPERATOR OF THE AUSTRALIA DAY ULTRA
    I was the Race Director and Timing Operator for the Australia Day Ultra 2018 held in
    Australind Western Australia on 20 January, here are my observations of Mark Robson, a
    competitor in the 100km event.
    Prior to the event, this is the process used to test the timing system hardware:
    Every transponder that the runners wore was repeatedly tested across the actual start finish
    mat/ and the actual 6.25 km split lap mat in a simulated race environment. Every
    transponder tested correctly over and over with the loop strength set at 100% (highest
    setting) so that the transponders could be worn at any height on the body.
    In testing, the transponders were tested at shoulder height with no missed readings. The
    manufacturer of these transponders guarantees no more than 1 dropped read in every
    10,000 readings at approximately 200 km/hr. I have never had a dropped read at any of the
    events I have conducted the timing.
    The transponder that Mr Robson was using was one of the newer models we use so the
    internal battery strength was good.
    At 02:23:32 Saturday morning, Mr Robson came in to complete his second full lap of the
    12.5 km course. As I watched the screen it was immediately obvious that the split lap that
    should have been recorded at the far end of the course at the 6.25 km mark was missing (as
    the runners pass the split mat it stores that read in the transponder itself and records it back
    to the main mat at the start/finish on passing).
    I discussed the timing issue with Shaun Kaesler of Ultra Series WA, who informed me he
    believed there had been questions surrounding the validity of some of Mr Robson’s results
    in the past. This given we set to ensure all the timing equipment was functioning correctly.
    I immediately started to look for hardware issues and informed the volunteer assisting at
    the far end aid station turnaround point at the 6.25km mark to look at the transponder
    location placement on Mr Robson when he next passed to ensure that it was set on his body
    in an appropriate location.
    After a long delay, I received no notification from the aid station of Mr Robson going
    through the 6.25km turnaround point, so I called the volunteer again to be advised he had
    not passed through the aid station. Shortly after, Mr Robson did cross the start finish line
    again, to read a third full lap measurement of 1:18:3, with yet again no split lap reading
    from the other end of the course.
    I did observe that the transponder was worn on Mr Robson’s ankle which is the best
    location for a clean read. The timing seemed to coincide with my call so the aid station
    volunteers should have observed him passing through the 6.25km aid station as there is
    only one way in and out, as well it was lit.
    Next, I drove down to the aid station 2 located about half way to the turnaround point at
    3.1km and observed Mr Robson leaving aid 2 in the direction to aid 3, the 6.25km
    turnaround point. At aid 3 I checked the loop strength of the timing box and ensured it was
    set at 100% signal strength. When Mr Robson did not arrive at Aid 3 while I waited for him, I
    drove back towards the start/finish line where I have observed him running very slowly
    between aid 2 and the start.
    When Mr Robson came in to complete his 4th lap time in 1:09:14, he crossed the timing mat
    and went to the toilet. He spent approximately 5 minutes in the toilet which accumulated
    towards his lap 5 time. He appeared to change clothes, and then took off to run lap 5. This
    was his fastest lap in 1:02:02 for 12.5 km which once again had no split measurement from
    the far aid station. This would make that lap somewhere near 58 minutes for 12.5 km
    discounting the toilet stop. At this point I informed volunteers manning the far aid station
    again to look for Mr Robson to pass, they did not observe him coming through the aid
    station.
    During this lap Rob Donkersloot observed Mr Robson run through aid station 2, Mr
    Donkersloot then drove to the turnaround point aid station and waited for Mr Robson to
    arrive there. Upon hearing Mr Robson had arrived at the start / finish to complete the lap,
    he left the aid station, not having seen Mr Robson arrive there.
    It was at this time that I noticed Mr Robson was starting to overtake some of the runners in
    the results, so I asked Shaun Kaesler to ask a competitor who appeared in the rankings to
    have been overtaken if Mr Robson had come past him on the previous lap. Shaun stated to
    me that the competitor said that no, Mr Robson had not passed him on that previous lap.
    On Mr Robson’s lap 7, I once again attempted to observe him crossing the line at aid 3 and
    noted that he went through aid 2 and did not arrive at aid 3. He then returned to the
    start/finish line to record a 7th lap time without a split reading. It was at this point that I felt
    it confirmed he was not reaching the far aid station on many of his laps.
    I felt Mr Robson had to be leaving the course and tried to locate the position, and catch him
    doing this, but was unable to spot him on the course when I drove down to aid 3.
    On completion of his 8th and final lap for a completion time of 9:34:10 for the 100km event
    Shaun Kaesler approached Mr Robson with myself as an observer, and asked him to explain
    why he was at one-point 500m behind someone leaving aid 2 and then on returning to aid 2
    he was 1 km in front of that same runner, and that runner was running much faster than he
    was and had remarked he had not been overtaken. Mr Robson was unable to give any
    answers to the numerous questions put to him. After a couple of examples, Mr Robson was
    told that he was not welcome at any Ultra Series WA events in the future. Mr Robson
    commented “I am not going to go through this again” and left the event.
    After the race another competitor approached me and mentioned that another runner (a
    close friend) had observed a runner who was travelling way slower than him and was
    considerable distance behind, appeared to then be quite some distance in front of him after
    he turned for home from the aid station 3. He stated that that runner was Mark Robson. I
    mentioned we were already investigating Mr Robson’s run.
    These are the 7 missed split readings for Mr Robson. It is important to note that on the first
    lap Mr Robson’s split was recorded at the half way point aid station (shown below as 1111).

On reviewing the results for all competitor across the 25/50 and 100km events, not one split result was missing other than those of Mr
    Robson.
    On testing Mr Robson’s transponder after the event, it worked perfectly under a simulated race test.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Nice one, Mark.

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

I wonder if he plays golf, and if so, what is the prize for the Holden Scramble these days?
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

He'd be the foot wedge king! He'd be the guy who uses it in front of his group, in front of other groups yet still denies it.
    Got some media coverage
    http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/pe...24-h0nm0x.html

I fb'ed it and tagged Triathlon Australia in it pointing out that the two year ban they issued him did nothing. The RD posted more on the event, including that when he reached the finish line he straight up asked for his medal. They asked him if he could explain a some "inconsistencies" and he got his back up and asked them where they thought he was cutting. The RD told him exactly where it was that he was ducking off the course and he told them he went through this 3 years ago (his triathlon ban) and he's not going through it again and stormed off.

While he was banned by Tri Aus, he did compete in an Ultraman (3 day extreme triathlon) in Florida. Several in the tri community here did contact the organiser of that event letting them know the situation here but nothing was done. Apparently the race organiser over there was also his online coach. But he swam 2:55 for the 10k swim there, yet over here at a 10k open water swim in WA he comes dead last with 4hrs.
    Last edited by goughy; 25th January 2018 at 08:08 AM.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Working my way around Bangkok massage shops

He would only count every second hole in stroke.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

That's the only way I break a hundred!
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Heard about this on the radio yesterday

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Ran 2km yesterday...first run in 6 weeks due to achilles issues! Damn I am unfit!

I'm having Achilles issues out of nowhere, and yet more time on the sideline. I hope it's not 6 weeks.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

I'm having Achilles issues out of nowhere, and yet more time on the sideline. I hope it's not 6 weeks.
    Hate to say it mate, but I have had issues for over a year, it keeps flaring up. Have you seen a physio?

Not yet, because he'll tell me not to do stuff, and I have a big tennis schedule in the next couple of months. After just coming back from missing 4.5 months of tennis through injury and travel, I'm not up for that sort of news. Strapping worked okay for a set and a half last week.

I'll probably make a booking tomorrow.

Thread Information