Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 90 FirstFirst ... 5 45 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2242

Thread: Run OZgolf Run

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Danieljc View Post
    How do you find using Endomondo. I use it for running and find it doesn't always track my run's very well.

Sometimes it will show that I am running across the road and then back but other times it works fine.
    it seems to be working well.at least well enough for what i want.(using the pro version on a samsung Galaxy SII)
    im using for both cycling and running.i even import a bunch of my rides from Strava

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    How is Endomondo working out that average, Eldrick?

I always use this calculator for figuring out what I should aim for in races.
    good question *shrugs* that links great thanks
    Last edited by Eldrick; 15th August 2012 at 10:03 AM.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Djc, this is what Garmin can spit out from a run.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/206630066

You'll find that a Garmin measures typically 1% too long. This is because of cornering and because courses are always measured on the shortest line.

One of the things that happened in the above run, is that the watch lost the satellite reception because it went through the CBD. Tunnels will also do this and occasionally overcast conditions upset it.

I love the time alert function for racing, the auto-lap function, lap pacing, the virtual pacer and the interval training function.

If you are into analysing your runs, you can get third party software like SportsTrack or Ascent (Mac).

Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine

[QUOTE=Eldrick;840704]it seems to be working well.at least well enough for what i want.(using the pro version on a samsung Galaxy SII)
    im using for both cycling and running.i even import a bunch of my rides from Strava

I use it on a HTC desire HD with the pro version as well. It works for the most part I just don't think the tracking of it is that great as I can run the same area and it will record up a 200m difference from when it starts to when it finishes which is a pain.

I also use it in conjuction with Tracker booster

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

I have a 310XT as well and have all sorts of issues with the heart rate strap. Have never worn it swimming as it makes it bloody hard to get wetsuit off and it serves no purpose as can't look at it anyway.

To be honest if I was going again I would get two different devices like a 110 to run with and a 500 or 800 to ride with. Only issue I can see with that at all is battery life for an IM as I am not sure how long the 110 would last connected to satellite waiting to run.

Well I bit the bullet and brought the 910xt cost $400 from rebel and got $40 in voucher to use next time.

Hopefully I can give a crack tonight if I can get time otherwise it will have to wait a couple of days.

I'll let you know what I think of it as well.

goughy

I hate you (in the nicest way)

Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    I hate you (in the nicest way)
    It's my birthday today and I was meant to get a nice new roadbike but after being broken into over the weekend the wife has spoken and she wants the bike money allocated to other security needs.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by timah! View Post
    Did your podiatarist say why they disliked the Kayano's? You don't tend to hear many negative reviews...
    Ok, saw my podiatrist yesterday, he said with the Kayano's; On the outside of the heel, where as the 2170's have a solid block of foam or whatever it is, the Kayano's have some sort of sculpted pieces, (not solid) which causes the foot to roll outward on the initial strike before having to roll back in. Said its quite noticeable on high speed video. And not very good.He suggested you just get a pair of 2170's? Obviously he's never seen you though, but thought if you need a stability shoe, he rates the 2100 series highly.

RIP - Duncan Bennett & Leon Treadwell

Unitlink

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Thanks Iain! Much appreciated.
    Cobra Fly Z+ w/ Fujikura Pro 63x
    Cobra BioCell+ 16.5* w/ Diamana D+ 72s
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro 3-PW w/ Modus 120 S
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52*/56*
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 (knuckled)

might skip the C25k app
    and do this one https://www.zombiesrungame.com/
    sounds like a good way to keep training fun

That's funny.

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Finally got around to reading "Born to Run" by Chris McDougall. Devoured it in a single evening. If I wasn't a big enough hippy already.....

Actually, it's a really fascinating book, and has a pretty cool story mixed in with the preachy stuff (that I ate up like candy, of course). Goes a long way towards getting you to understand crazies like AndyP, and makes you think about the lost joy of running, and how to get it back. The only trouble is that I'm currently limited to about 1500m before my foot starts flaring up, so my frustration levels just doubled overnight.
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

Do I need to read it to understand myself?

Blog Entries

Yes.
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

goughy

Andys the hippie dude living in the bush.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Did a 90 minute run last night, it was a 40 degree day here and even at 7:00pm when I started it was still 38. Weighed in at the start, 88kg, drank at water fountains 5 times for the run, had about a litre of water when I got home and weighed in at 84.5....crazy stuff!

Drank another couple of litres before bed last night, and already have a couple of litres under the belt today and I still feel dehydrated!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by LarryLong View Post
    Finally got around to reading "Born to Run" by Chris McDougall. Devoured it in a single evening. If I wasn't a big enough hippy already.....

Actually, it's a really fascinating book, and has a pretty cool story mixed in with the preachy stuff (that I ate up like candy, of course). Goes a long way towards getting you to understand crazies like AndyP, and makes you think about the lost joy of running, and how to get it back. The only trouble is that I'm currently limited to about 1500m before my foot starts flaring up, so my frustration levels just doubled overnight.
    Just finished this book last night, one of the best books I have read in a long time.

I've done a handful of half marathons in the past, but it may have just inspired me to take that extra step and do a full marathon.

Quote Originally Posted by Toolish View Post
    Did a 90 minute run last night, it was a 40 degree day here and even at 7:00pm when I started it was still 38. Weighed in at the start, 88kg, drank at water fountains 5 times for the run, had about a litre of water when I got home and weighed in at 84.5....crazy stuff!

Drank another couple of litres before bed last night, and already have a couple of litres under the belt today and I still feel dehydrated!
    Well done on getting out the door in the first place. The humidity up here is a killer at the moment; I was dripping at 5:30am on Sunday.

Ran a few short 2.5km runs while in Ballarat. Gravel roads for about half of it. About a 20-30m climb for the last 500m which gets progressively steeper toward the end. Best time 12:26. I miss high school when I could run it in 10:20.
    Did a quick 1.1km run on the flat now we're home again. 4:43. Ultimately want to get 4m/km for that run.
    WITB -
    Driver - Nessie 9o
    Woods - Turbo Power III+ 3 & 5 wood
    Irons - Oxygen - Type S 3HL, 4HL, 5-PW
    Wedges - xds 56 & 60 degree
    Putter - Tomahawk Sniper

H'cap - 12.7 on 1/1/08, 12.8 on 1/1/09, 13.7 on 1/1/10

http://www.golflink.com.au/HandicapH..._no=4130402024

"I played golf. I did not get a hole in one, but I did hit a guy. That was way more satisfying." Mitch Hedberg

Blog Entries

I'm back on the horse again after my calf and foot troubles. I've been building up slowly and carefully, and I managed a couple of 5km runs this week and felt pretty good (at a very stodgy relaxed 5min/km pace).

I threw in a 12km easy bike ride a few days ago to mix things up, and the front of my shins and my calves were both much more tender than usual when I rolled them afterwards. Is cycling bad for you if you're recovering from calf related problems?

I'm in Ballarat this weekend Westy - I'm actually thinking of running around the lake (6km) for old times sake. I used to be able to do it in under 24 minutes, but now I'll be happy if I can beat 30 and not spew.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryLong View Post
    I'm back on the horse again after my calf and foot troubles. I've been building up slowly and carefully, and I managed a couple of 5km runs this week and felt pretty good (at a very stodgy relaxed 5min/km pace).

I threw in a 12km easy bike ride a few days ago to mix things up, and the front of my shins and my calves were both much more tender than usual when I rolled them afterwards. Is cycling bad for you if you're recovering from calf related problems?

I'm in Ballarat this weekend Westy - I'm actually thinking of running around the lake (6km) for old times sake. I used to be able to do it in under 24 minutes, but now I'll be happy if I can beat 30 and not spew.
    Good luck. Enjoy the lake. It's nice and full these days. Last time I ran the lake in just under 30mins (a few years ago), I almost lost control of bodily functions.
    WITB -
    Driver - Nessie 9o
    Woods - Turbo Power III+ 3 & 5 wood
    Irons - Oxygen - Type S 3HL, 4HL, 5-PW
    Wedges - xds 56 & 60 degree
    Putter - Tomahawk Sniper

H'cap - 12.7 on 1/1/08, 12.8 on 1/1/09, 13.7 on 1/1/10

http://www.golflink.com.au/HandicapH..._no=4130402024

"I played golf. I did not get a hole in one, but I did hit a guy. That was way more satisfying." Mitch Hedberg

Default Run OZgolf Run

What doe Monaghetti do it in?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrisWesty View Post
    Good luck. Enjoy the lake. It's nice and full these days. Last time I ran the lake in just under 30mins (a few years ago), I almost lost control of bodily functions.
    I liked it better a few years ago when it was empty - possible short cut if you're struggling. Good to see water in there again though - I used to be in the canoe club and spent a lot of time paddling around the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    What doe Monaghetti do it in?
    I'm sure he'd still be sub-18 or something ridiculous like that, although I did spot him a year or so ago moving a lot slower than he used to. According to wikipedia (so it must be right) the record is 16:10 by Monaghetti.

Default Run OZgolf Run

He could still do a sub 30 minute 10k, a couple of years ago. He still gets around on the fun run circuit too. I know he did a couple up here this year, where he was competing or pacing.

Thread Information