Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 90 FirstFirst ... 36 76 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2239

Thread: Run OZgolf Run

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    It took ages to comeback from a broken ankle, which essentially means torn ligaments too. When I did comeback, the running style was definitely out of whack and compensating. I think I ended up giving it a bit longer until the strength was back in the muscles.

Maybe some walks and walk/jogs to build up are in order.
    Quite possibly, yeah. I've just soaked in Soda Crystals and it's blown up again.

Hooray....

Looks confirmed my golf will still be dogshite for QLD Champs.... Who's up for some drinking????
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

I did some ankle damage last year and it took ages for the swelling to go away, and even longer to get back running. Another vote for walk/run, with the emphasis on walk for starters.

It would be fun to see Lefty bunting his way around Qld Champs. I wonder if you'll be able to keep a lid on it when the longest drive is on the line?
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by LarryLong View Post
    I did some ankle damage last year and it took ages for the swelling to go away, and even longer to get back running. Another vote for walk/run, with the emphasis on walk for starters.

It would be fun to see Lefty bunting his way around Qld Champs. I wonder if you'll be able to keep a lid on it when the longest drive is on the line?
    The better question is "am I able to keep it on the planet when the longest drive is on the line?"
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    The better question is "am I able to keep it on the planet when the longest drive is on the line?"
    I certainly can't
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

I'm back running, now 29 months since my operation on the cracked femur neck.
    Adelaide's City-Bay run has a half-marathon for the first time (Morphettville to City to Bay), so I have set that as a target.
    That is a fortnight away.
    Training has been good, but the joints are saying 'be careful'. I'm listening. I won't be over-training.
    Striking the balance between sustainable running and running an aspirational time isn't easy.
    However, nothing is worse than repeat injury, so common sense is prevailing.

I expect I'll be a few minutes slower than I would wish for. C'est la vie.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    Quite possibly, yeah. I've just soaked in Soda Crystals and it's blown up again.

Hooray....

Looks confirmed my golf will still be dogshite for QLD Champs.... Who's up for some drinking????
    So were you planing on not drinking prior?????
    I have a moon boot available if it helps....
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Coolrunning forum is closing down! I frequented it a bit when I first started running, and found the triathlon forum I'm on through them.

http://www.coolrunning.com.au/forums...howtopic=42332
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    Coolrunning forum is closing down! I frequented it a bit when I first started running, and found the triathlon forum I'm on through them.

http://www.coolrunning.com.au/forums...howtopic=42332
    This decision reflects the declining number of people posting in the forums; increased hosting costs; worsening exchange rate; and decrease in Google's advertising returns.
    Sounds familiar.......

I started running earlier this year and fell in love with it. Something innate and instinctive about running ... although I hadn’t run regularly in over 30 years, it almost felt like I was meant to run.

Unfortunately I sustained a stress fracture of the fourth metatarsal in my left foot and had to take 10 weeks off running. I started running again trying to mainly stick to softer surfaces. Alas I have a small stress fracture of the fifth metatarsal this time in the same foot. This one is taking longer to recover from as it is more weight bearing than the fourth.

I’m looking forward to getting back into it in the new year and I’m going to change my foot strike to more midfoot strike rather than forefoot strike which I had previously worked on.

Sorry to hear about the injuries, Jono.

I had surgery in June to address a cam impingement in my hip, and had two years off running in total. I've recovered from that, and got my running back to 5k for the first time last week. Unfortunately, during the whole recovery, I've had trouble with an adductor muscle that stays tight, and feels like it is pulling away from the pelvis. This is holding me back from doing much more with running at the moment, but I can still do elliptical and spin cycle in the meantime.

Yeah injuries suck. I hope you will recover fully soon.

I’ve been rowing on the Concept 2 and I’m planning to do a marathon on it in 2 weeks. I’m enjoying the process but it’s not the same as running.

Just got to stay patient and hopefully I can run a marathon next year.

keep up your calcium if you are getting bone fractures.

How old are your shoes? More than 600 km?

Quote Originally Posted by Benje View Post
    keep up your calcium if you are getting bone fractures.How old are your shoes? More than 600 km?
    Thanks for the tips. Yeah I started taking some calcium supplement and Vit D.I had bought a new Hoka and I was changing around with my other pair. Not sure about the km.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Thanks for the tips. Yeah I started taking some calcium supplement and Vit D.I had bought a new Hoka and I was changing around with my other pair. Not sure about the km.
    If you use Garmin or Strava, it is easy to keep track of the kilometres ran in any pair of shoes. If you are running regularly, you should rotate between a couple of pairs too.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Great to see you running Jono. Agree with Andy re rotating shoes. Given the recurrent stress fractures you’ll need to be really careful about slowly adding distance to avoid them in future. Start slow and no more than a 10% increase in total distance week to week or max distance of any run.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

If you use Garmin or Strava, it is easy to keep track of the kilometres ran in any pair of shoes. If you are running regularly, you should rotate between a couple of pairs too.
    I was going to get a Garmin in the new year. Any particular model you’d recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Great to see you running Jono. Agree with Andy re rotating shoes. Given the recurrent stress fractures you’ll need to be really careful about slowly adding distance to avoid them in future. Start slow and no more than a 10% increase in total distance week to week or max distance of any run.
    Yeah, thanks for the tip. I want to try some speedgolf as well. Tried it once for 9 holes and quite enjoyed it.

I was going to get a Garmin in the new year. Any particular model you’d recommend?
    I have a Fenix which is good for a daily watch and can track a tonne of different activities including golf.

I have a Fenix which is good for a daily watch and can track a tonne of different activities including golf.
    What model do you have? I had the 3. Great watch.

I have the first Fenix 5, so I'm missing things like music storage and Garmin Pay that comes with the later models.

Is Garmin that much better for running than Apple Watch? Would you recommend Fenix 5 or spend a little extra and get the later models?

Is Garmin that much better for running than Apple Watch? Would you recommend Fenix 5 or spend a little extra and get the later models?
    TBH, I got rid of my Fenix and got an Apple Watch because I wasn’t doing another Ironman. Even though the Fenix is solid the Apple (for someone in the ecosystem) just does everything well.

Fitness + is coming out later this year or early 2021, but the current fitness credentials of the Apple Watch along with all the other things it’s capable of just wins the day for me.

Also, I se the Nike Run Club app on the Watch - better than the in built Workout app and heaps better than the Strava app.

I had surgery in June to address a cam impingement in my hip, and had two years off running in total. I've recovered from that, and got my running back to 5k for the first time last week. Unfortunately, during the whole recovery, I've had trouble with an adductor muscle that stays tight, and feels like it is pulling away from the pelvis. This is holding me back from doing much more with running at the moment, but I can still do elliptical and spin cycle in the meantime.
    I'm still a runner, but still have the same problems with the adductor, but I am gradually getting a little faster, and running a little longer. My longest run recently is 21.1k, but that was a little bit too much for the body, and I tend to keep my long runs in the 10 to 15k range, if I have a long run at all. Most runs are 7k to 9k. I don't do any speed workouts at the moment, but ran a 21:37 5k a couple of weeks ago. Since I'm so far off where I was, I haven't had any goals, but I've just set some using age grading instead of getting hung up on what I could do before.

I also have a bit of fun trying to run every street in suburbs and filling up a heatmap.
    Andrew Holden's Map View - CityStrides

Nice stuff AP. Getting old sux, but glad to see you still getting out there.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Thread Information