Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Run OZgolf Run

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

That's a great idea for a training program Eags. Gives you something to aim for and some variety. And at the end of the 12 weeks you can look back a say "Wow, look what I just achieved".

It seems I'm paying for the effort at the Kokoda Challenge now. A week and a half on crutches and pain killers for a stress fracture in the right ankle hasn't been much fun. Oh well, I should be back on 2 feet by the end of the week.

Probably won't be doing any running for a couple weeks. Might have to dust off the Pilates ball to try and stay in shape.

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

Bummer Ryan hope you heal up quick.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I'm not running either, yet nowhere near as bad as Ryan (I hope).

Three weeks of two colds and a stomach bug, have limited the runs. Plus I've got a stuffed ankle from my long run a few weeks ago. I thought it would have buggered off by now, but I can still feel it niggling while I'm walking. Not good preparation for my first half marathon in less than 4 weeks.
    Last edited by AndyP; 28th July 2008 at 05:52 PM.

goughy

You're doing a marathon!!! Holy Running Freak Batman!!!!!

If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I'm in a hotel lounge. I think fast, I talk fast and I if I miss words as a result, so be it. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Gimme a break!

goughy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I'm in a hotel lounge. I think fast, I talk fast and I if I miss words as a result, so be it. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Gimme a break!
    You've lost me? I was just impressed that you are doing a marathon! That's an amazing effort!!

he's only doing a half
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

goughy

Thanks Moe. Wasn't having a go at ya AP

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Congratulations Ryan, i know a chick who went in that, it was a tough gig.

Now that you have done the beginners Kokoda, are you ready for the real one before they close it?
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Ryan, is it correct to assume you won't be doing the Noosa Half now? You were considering it before.

I ask because Iain won't be doing it now.

Yeah Andy, I'm a definite no starter. I just got off the crutches on Friday. I've still got another 2 weeks before I'll be back out running again. And once I do I'll have to keep the km's very low to start with.

Dissapointing really. I was looking forward to this one.

Two weeks to go and I'm set.

I had my last 19.75k run this morning, so now I'll cut back the length of the runs. I was really happy with how the body was feeling throughout the run this morning, and I wanted to take it easy to finish it off in the last couple of k, but Black Betty on the Ipod made me step it up.

Apparently the Noosa Half course is really flat, so there's a chance of setting a good time......whatever that may be.

goughy

The only hills that course is gonna have are some of the small bridges over the waterways, if that. Flatter than a pancake!

Make sure when you get to the turn that you wave at the old broken down jetty opposite an old dumpy 2 story set of units! I once got a pelican drunk on that jetty! Didn't get anywhere though
    Last edited by goughy; 11th August 2008 at 06:58 AM.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Bugger me?!? I've started doing a road run 5 mornings a week. It's pretty close to 4km (did it by car to check). This morning was the first time I've ran it without a break.

At least it is easy to improve when you are starting from such a low level.
    Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Dr AP/other running enthusiasts,

I've gotten into running the past fortnight (5.30am efforts), and the last 2 days I have had the cramps from hell in my calves either at the end or very close to it. This morning I was hardly able to walk once I stopped jogging (curiously it was worse when I walked than ran??).

What gives? Not enough water? Not enough stretching?

Thanks in advance.
    Forum needs more banter.

I'm sure one of the others could answer, but for 4k it's hard to see dehydration coming into it. Maybe you just need some rest. 5 days a week for two weeks when you are just starting seems like a lot to me.

goughy

With the B2B coming up, I thought I should find a way to try the first 2.2k. Could run up mt lofty here, but the uphill is very uneven. Found that from the bottom of mt knoch to the entrance of the lookout is about 1.1k and while curved, is a pretty even uphill run. Will try it on a weekend soon just to see what it feels like.

Is anyone else here entering the Bridge to Brisbane? Iain? Senecio? Westy? Anyone else? It's a good event to get into and it's for charity.

1. AndyP
    2. goughy

goughy

Entries close on the 22/8!!!

Really? I entered the day before the race last year.

goughy

They've been announcing it on the radio up here in the community announcements for the last week.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Is anyone else here entering the Bridge to Brisbane? Iain? Senecio? Westy? Anyone else? It's a good event to get into and it's for charity.

1. AndyP
    2. goughy
    Unfortunately not. I still haven't been able to do much more than a 2km walk with the dog. It will be a few more weeks before I even attempt a short run.

My wife will be in the 5km though. They have been running a couch to 5km program through her gym that she will be leading. It should be interesting, some of the women couldn't even run for 60sec without collapsing when it started. Will be a great achievement for them.

goughy

Senecio, that couch to 5Km is a life saver. I had tried to start running in the past and just couldn't keep it going. Andyp suggested it to me and I can't count the amount of times I thanked him for it. Now I'm thinking of doing stupid things - The B2B, the half at the Toowoomba Marathon in October and I wanna give the King of the Mountain up here a go next year. It's only 8k, even if it is straight up!

Banned

So are you going along to cheer her along Scenico?? Might track you down to say hi as i will be going for some moral support for my sister Buggered if im running though.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybam View Post
    So are you going along to cheer her along Scenico?? Might track you down to say hi as i will be going for some moral support for my sister Buggered if im running though.
    A lot of people walk it too. Or you could jog/walk. You could even take a little one in a stroller.

Thread Information