Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Default Grunt V Coffs Hacker / Jimandr V Chopper - 6th May -Ashlar GC 11:03am

Matches planned to be played the 6th May, with Coffs flying down from Coffs in the morning we are a little limited to where we can have the match.

Ashlar GC 11:03am tee off

GAME ON

Results

Grunt -5
    Jimandr -6
    Coffs Hacker -8
    Chopper -8
    Last edited by Grunt; 6th May 2008 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Added results
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Hmmm, 11.03... Grant should have lost by now ?

Quote Originally Posted by 3oneday View Post

You bitch

I think he'll win actually ... he's been telling me a great round is just around the corner
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 3oneday View Post

I did win 2 & 1

Quote Originally Posted by jarro View Post
    You bitch

I think he'll win actually ... he's been telling me a great round is just around the corner
    Was not today, but I was the best of a bad bunch.

To Craig, Jim & Jamie thanks for the game. Was not much good golf in the par event at Ashlar today. -5 being our best score. Craig & I are going to write a book on chipping, "How to Chip like a an idiot". We both left plenty of shots out there around the greens.

Our match was a up and down struggle all day, I think I lost every hole I got shots on bar one. Coffs got to 1up at the first and there it stayed until I lost another at the 3rd to go 2 down. A couple of good holes and I was back to square by the 6th, won the next two to turn 2 up. 10th was a shot hole for me and I found a way to blow it after being in front of the green for 2 and walked off with a 7 . Good par on the next (11th) got me back to 2 up. 12 was another good hole with me getting to 3 up. Coffs won 13 to get me back to 2 up, I very nearly holed a 20 footer for half. Squared 14, lost 15 & 16 to go into 17 just 1 up and actually looking like snatching defeat from the jaws of Victory. I sliced the tee shot out onto the adjacent fairway. I then hit my shot of the day to get a 7 iron from around 145 out through the trees to the front of the green, we both ended up on the green with similar length putts (8 feet) from opposite parts of the green.
    A funny thing then happened, Jim had putted from the other part of the green. He misread it and proceeded to putt it to next to my marker. He would give me the line for the putt to close out the match. Coffs was calling it a set up . Jim missed the putt but gave me a good look. I proceeded to hole the putt and put the pressure on Coffs to hole his putt to take it to the 18th hole. Coffs missed the putt and that was it.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Grant. Well done mate.

Coffs. Better luck next time.

Banned

yup congrats and well played

Congrats Grant
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

Nice win Grant

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I note that Grant didn't steal my thunder by announcing the result of my match.

I live again after beating Chopper 4&3 in a very low quality match.

Chopper lived up to his name by playing poorly, and I wasn't much better.

I was always in front after being two up after 2. My lowlight was hitting a horrible shank on the fifth, but still winning the hole with a classy double bogey 7. That was the standard of golf we were playing.

I did hit a great hybrid from 180m to 6 feet on 15 to close out the match, but naturally missed the putt.

I was more entertained by the Grunt/Coffs epic. i've never seen so many duffed/skulled chip shots (sometimes one of each on some holes) from guys who just needed to get up and down in 3 to win the hole. They squared the 6th in quadruple bogey 8's.

I was also impressed by their sledging, sometimes at each other, but more commonly at themselves. Both guys were tempted to concede holes at various points, only to see the other player mess up their next shot or shots.

Message to Grunt's next opponent: never concede a hole, even if you've hit one out of bounds.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Junior Member Plays with an ex-hire set

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    Chopper lived up to his name by playing poorly, and I wasn't much better.
    Thanks to Jim for the game. I played like a busted **** and if I had a chainsaw in my bag there would not be a single tree left standing out there. Come to think of it, a few may have sustained structual damage and may fall at any moment.

On a positive note I think I had one par to highlight my day.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

what can i say - i sucked more than a 2dolla hooker

Congrats grant on being not quite as bad as me

Thanks for the game jim, grant and jamie.

s9-1 Pro 10.5 | 906f2 15* 18.5* | Maxfli a10 Tour 3-p| x-forged 52* 58* | Odyssey Black I9

Thread Information