Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by WeekendHacker View Post
    it looks as though the board and members of Ashlar will have the say in the layout etc of the club.
    As long as there are enough lockers & decent change rooms for lady members!

On a side note - can lady members @ Ashlar be full 7-day members same as men and play on Saturdays?

Quote Originally Posted by WeekendHacker View Post
    It will include 3 function rooms that can be opened up into a single area if needed, a full gym, pool, 2 - 4 tennis courts and the driving range. Ashlar would most likely lease out the gym and pool area to something like a Fitness First or the like as they have management experience in this area.
    Wow - didn't realise the gym was going to be that big - ie similar to a Fitness First size establishment. I remember someone from Urban Pacific saying that they wanted to make membership to the clubhouse (gym, pool, tennis courts) reasonably priced so that most residents in the estate would pay to join. Hopefully not the horrendous prices that you see at Fitness First!

It will be interesting to see competion on the gym front - the new gym at Rooty Hill RSL looks huge and awesome! Seemed reasonably priced as well.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

One 55 at Rooty Hill RSL is pretty good, by all accounts.

Member Trainee Pro

Quote Originally Posted by amanda View Post
    On a side note - can lady members @ Ashlar be full 7-day members same as men and play on Saturdays?
    They certainly can. The 7 day subsrciption is the same for both male and female members.

Wow - didn't realise the gym was going to be that big - ie similar to a Fitness First size establishment. I remember someone from Urban Pacific saying that they wanted to make membership to the clubhouse (gym, pool, tennis courts) reasonably priced so that most residents in the estate would pay to join. Hopefully not the horrendous prices that you see at Fitness First!

It will be interesting to see competion on the gym front - the new gym at Rooty Hill RSL looks huge and awesome! Seemed reasonably priced as well.
    Not too sure just how big it will be. This was an idea being bounced around. I think if there is enough room they would like to have someone lease it out who knows what they are doing rather than just a local who wants to run a gym. I think the membership to the club will be quite cheap. The idea is to not only attract the local residents of the estate but also people from aroiund the area.

Yeah - the reason we're not putting in a pool is that we figured we'd join the clubhouse as it was going to be reasonable (about $400 per year was a rough figure quoted a yr ago)

Default Mis-information

Just happened on this site and noticed talk about what is happening at Ashlar where I am a member, the actual facts are that Ashlar have been approched to do a straight swap, no money will change hands. Aslars members will have complete control of the new club including fee's, a vote will take place probably in July were 75% approval must be reached before being passed. What the angry gentleman does not understand is that if we don't move there won't be a golf club in the next 3-5 years, it will be sold to developers some of which won't be sympathetic to the surrounding houses. The fact is it is prime land next to Blacktown and the railway station which is the type of place the government want's developed to take cars off the road. The oldies in the club may not want to move but anyone with a little sense can see we don't have a choice.

Member Trainee Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
    the actual facts are that Ashlar have been approched to do a straight swap, no money will change hands.
    Now this is not entirely true. There is a cash component involved as well as UPL paying out the near $500,000.00 worth of debt the club currently has. This includes the overdraft and lease costs for the green keeping equipment and some other odds and sods. Once payed out Ashlar will lease all equipment back from UPL for $1.00 thus reducing the ongoing debt until the club can be moved. There will be a cash component as well but this is still being discussed between Ashlar and UPL as to what a fair figure would be.

Stumpy, Weekend Hacker - brad & I were thinking of playing there (Ashlar) one Sunday - easy to get on? Interested in showing us around?

Since it seems like we'll be getting a club with membership - would be nice to meet some people and find out who we need to steer clear of!

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Steer clear of Bathurst members taking advantage of their reciprocal rights!
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    Steer clear of Bathurst members taking advantage of their reciprocal rights!
    Oooh bit harsh Jim.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Much as I would love to show you all around I am not available sundays, I have not been a member that long, all the natives are friendly enough but steer clear of stumpy!!!!

Stumpy, Weekend Hacker - brad & I were thinking of playing there (Ashlar) one Sunday - easy to get on? Interested in showing us around?

Since it seems like we'll be getting a club with membership - would be nice to meet some people and find out who we need to steer clear of!

Very easy to get on the course on Sunday

thanks stumpy! once this blasted rain stops we'll make a booking.

Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine

Has anyone heard anything more about "the swap" ???

Will be speaking to the club this week. Will provide a link to the yarn when it's online.

Wink Stonecutters

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey View Post
    Has anyone heard anything more about "the swap" ???
    Latest news is the vote will be in September, we have had an influx of members as the news got around, it needs 75% approval which should push it through due to the new guys. I have heard and I'm not sure how true that they will slap a huge joining fee on the minute it is passed so anyone thinking they can wait until after the vote will miss out.

Im a member here (Ashlar), but it seems as if the whole thing has died a natural death. I havent heard squat about it since the "information" nights ended, and from what Ive seen on the website it is what was sent out in the letter to us.
    Last edited by Humphrey; 12th August 2008 at 08:19 AM.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Have heard that also about the joining fee, have also heard their will be a different level of membership for old and new members.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Things are really moving ahead at the estate - some pics I took a few weeks ago:

On our block looking towards the entrace of the estate. The small buildings you can see is the sales centre and display village. On the other side of the road will be houses that will back on to the 7th tee. The water you can see will be for a man-made waterway

Our land - 8th tee & fairway will be alongside our property

Was at the club Friday night...as per usual...and they mentioned that the latest proposal from Stonecutters had a few contentious issues and they had sent it back to them. They failed to tell us what the issues were....does anyone have any insight into these issues. ??

No word from the developer on what they might be.

Member Trainee Pro

If they do not start disemminating more info out about this it is going to die a quick death amongst the members. There are more and more members who are getting a little pi**ed off at being kept in the dark on this proposed move. The more the board keep quiet and do not give members the full story the more chances of this being voted against when the time comes.

Sounds like exactly the same story of what happened at New Brighton and the Mirvac deal that fell through.

Not sure if it's Mirvac, but there is a development deal happening at New Brighton.

Perhaps with the people building Georges Fair? They did sell the land where the front entrance road is and part of the 2nd hole many years ago for access into the new estate.

Yeah, that's the one.

They're likely to lose the first three holes as part of the development.

Thread Information