Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default OZgolf Champs Eligibility

Guys

I have sent a PM out as below, to try to determine a fair eligibilty criteria for our upcoming Champs, as requested in the Champs thread.

I'm sending a PM to the "senior" members of the forum to obtain their opinion on what the eligibility criteria for the OZgolf Champs should be.

Could you please send me your answers to the following questions, as any ruling will set a precedence for future championships, whether you are participating in this year's or not.

1. Should the participant be a member of the OZgolf.net to be eligible to win the championship?
    2. If so, should the participant have been a member for a specified period of time or a certain number of posts?
    3. If so, how long or how many?
    4. Any other suggestions?
    From the 13 replies and my own opinion, I believe we should go with the criteria below:

To be eligible to win the Championship, the participant must be a contributing member of the forum.

The term "contributing" is intentionally vague as it would be something that would be assessed on a case-by-case basis.

However this brings up the question as to whether jarro should play or not. That is, does he actually contribute anything to the forum?

It generally means that the member should post now and then, and has or intends to take part in other Ozgolf days, with special considerations.

For Example, both Golfgirl and Kee have been unable to either post or take part in days due to personal circumstances, and they would not be excluded as a result. Other considerations may include those who are not located near other OZgolf members.

This does not mean that only members can participate in the day and win prizes. This criteria is for the title (and trophy (and bragging rights)) for the overall OZgolf Club Champion.

Several people mentioned that we don't want to discourage others from playing and joining our community, and I agree. So I would encourage anyone to play and be eligible for the prizes, if the yet-to-be-determined "comp" fee is paid.

Finally, another undertone of some of the replies was that it was all getting a little too serious. So let's just remember why we organise these rounds in the first place. To have a hit of golf with mates (with some sledging), and enjoy ourselves.

P.S I believe a secondary issue is the eligility of a pro and there are have been some grumblings about this, however I didn't address this in the eligibility questions that I asked. So I'm not sure how to tackle this one. If you want to remain anonymous in your thoughts on this, PM me your opinion and I will post it.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

I'm confused. So can Miro win or not?

Thread Information