Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 217 of 236 FirstFirst ... 117 167 207 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 227 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,425 of 5885

Thread: News of the Day

Senior Member Major Winner

****, if I had to live life without meat just give me the ****ing bowel cancer already.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Custom Lajosi DD201 - 390g head
    GolfMap

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

What a surprise; Living will kill you!

As someone who is sort of sitting on the brow of the hill of life, and has seen what life was like when younger, and what it will likely become as we get older, I have come to the conclusion that living for a long time is vastly over rated. Living well for a good amount of time seems much more attractive.

The risk of processed food part I can understand, but I have always struggled with the concept that we, as a species that fundamentally developed because we ate meat, should become vegetarians??.

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that living for a long time is vastly over rated. Living well for a good amount of time seems much more attractive.
    Amen

As someone who is sort of sitting on the brow of the hill of life.

sort of???
    bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745
    46-50 RTX, 56-60 md2 - tank cruiser 38" count balance
    delilah smiley driver and MAGNETIC putter cover
    sun mountain bag C130S - clicgear & knob

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Something that most people will miss from that news story is the comment that the risk of getting bowel cancer is very low regardless. The findings conclude that the risk is higher if you eat that stuff but it's still low.

I am also vary wary of taking seriously any media reports on scientific papers. They get it wrong very often, and over sensationalise what people want to hear.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

As someone who is sort of sitting on the brow of the hill of life, and has seen what life was like when younger, and what it will likely become as we get older, I have come to the conclusion that living for a long time is vastly over rated. Living well for a good amount of time seems much more attractive.

The risk of processed food part I can understand, but I have always struggled with the concept that we, as a species that fundamentally developed because we ate meat, should become vegetarians??.
    Exactly. That's why we've evolved to have both biting teeth (like carnivores) and chewing teeth (like herbivores).
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    Exactly. That's why we've evolved to have both biting teeth (like carnivores) and chewing teeth (like herbivores).
    a Vegetarian needs biting teeth too.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

SA Champs has been renamed the John Deere Cup!!! (I am a little bit disappointed Spanner didn't get Toro involved )

download.jpg

Blog Entries

140 dead in Paris attacks. WTF.
    Cobra Fly Z+ w/ Fujikura Pro 63x
    Cobra BioCell+ 16.5* w/ Diamana D+ 72s
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro 3-PW w/ Modus 120 S
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52*/56*
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 (knuckled)

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

It's terrible. And I have no idea how we can eliminate this evil scourge from the planet.
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

Quote Originally Posted by BenM View Post
    It's terrible. And I have no idea how we can eliminate this evil scourge from the planet.
    a good place to start would be for all of us to stand up to the PC brigade that is pandering to 'them'. Like those lobbying to toughen up discrimination laws to protect them, the growing number of schools and places of worship., and stupid things like reducing or limiting christmas celebrations and decorations.

If we continue to be apathetic and ignorant, like Europe did long ago, we will be just like Europe in a couple of decades.
    --
    Handy-Cap

There is no reason Muslims shouldn't be allowed schools or places of worship and every time I've heard of Christmas celebrations supposedly being curtailed it's been a beat up.

As for discrimination laws I tend to agree they are over the top, it shouldn't be a crime to offend someone.

It shouldn't be a crime but that doesn't mean that forums have to allow people to say whatever they want either.

There is no reason Muslims shouldn't be allowed schools or places of worship and every time I've heard of Christmas celebrations supposedly being curtailed it's been a beat up.

As for discrimination laws I tend to agree they are over the top, it shouldn't be a crime to offend someone.
    I'm really hearing what Blakey is saying. There has been some beat ups but a lot of other stuff is cold hard fact. Blake is oh so right with

If we continue to be apathetic and ignorant, like Europe did long ago, we will be just like Europe in a couple of decades.
    The one advantage we have over many other countries is our gun laws and gun availability, particulary semi auto and full auto.

Bushy spoke out long ago about where we were likely heading and a few pumped him for it. He knew what he sprouted.

I'd be shocked if the thousands of refugee's getting taken in left right and centre aren't infiltrated with terrorists.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
    Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
    Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, 54*SS, 58SS/TS*
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

There is no reason Muslims shouldn't be allowed schools or places of worship
    You asked how to eliminate this evil scourge, but then you also want them to prosper here.
    Again, look at Europe to see what Australia will look like in the future.

I believe there is actually a bill before parliament now that is removing the words 'offend'. I havent paid close enough attention, but I think it protects people like us who might use a word like black in a normal context but are afraid too if a certain Brownload medallist is within earshot.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Default News of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by TheNuclearOne View Post
    I'd be shocked if the thousands of refugee's getting taken in left right and centre aren't infiltrated with terrorists.
    I would be shocked too - there are too many for there not to be some proper terrorists amongst them and there is a lot more tacit support for ISIS/extremism within the Muslim community than they want us to believe.

Don't get me wrong I'm very concerned with the situation but there is a lot of rubbish floating around that only gives ammo to people that want to write off genuine concerns as racist and whatever else.
    Last edited by BenM; 14th November 2015 at 06:43 PM. Reason: f

An atrocity like this is not an excuse to air offensive racist views which have no place here or anywhere. I have removed the post in question

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    You asked how to eliminate this evil scourge, but then you also want them to prosper here.
    Again, look at Europe to see what Australia will look like in the future.
    The evil scourge I was referring to was extremism/terrorism not Islam itself. We can't rid our country of that, we are a free society with freedom of religion.

I believe there is actually a bill before parliament now that is removing the words 'offend'. I havent paid close enough attention, but I think it protects people like us who might use a word like black in a normal context but are afraid too if a certain Brownload medallist is within earshot.
    Last I heard that bill (to fix 18C of the racial discrimination act) couldn't get through the senate so they gave up on it, largely because of opposition from indigenous and Islamic groups I believe.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Quote Originally Posted by coalesce View Post
    An atrocity like this is not an excuse to air offensive racist views which have no place here or anywhere. I have removed the post in question
    That's a bit over the top, considering a fellow mod said that it shouldn't be illegal. But each to their own. I'll keep on thinking it, despite holding out for a long time trying not to do so. Straws. Camels.
    Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

The other thing that has not gone unnoticed in parts of the community is the serious lack of voice among the so-called good Muslims.
    Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

So if everyone agrees to put up extra Christmas decorations there'll be no more terrorism? Cool.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    So if everyone agrees to put up extra Christmas decorations there'll be no more terrorism? Cool.
    No. You have to change your Facebook profile picture as well.

The evil scourge I was referring to was extremism/terrorism not Islam itself. We can't rid our country of that, we are a free society with freedom of religion.
    Indeed we are a free society with freedom of religion, but where do you think this extremism comes from. There are people like this in our country too

and the PC crowd want us to bend over and let these people walk all over us.

The terrorism wont end whilst Israel exists, at its core, this is what it is all about.
    --
    Handy-Cap

I know that there are extremists here but that doesn't mean we should punish all Muslims for it. There are plenty that hate ISIS and everything they stand for.

Hating on the whole group just marginalises them more and makes things worse.

Jonah Lomu has apparently passed away (aged only 40).
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Thread Information