Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Default 2008 Victorian Matchplay

The Draw:

Round 1:
    Flowergirl v Chappy
    Kev v V205
    Swanny v Bruce
    Andigold v Johnny Boy

Round 2:
    Chappy vs V205
    Swanny vs Johnny Boy

Final
    Swanny vs V205
    Last edited by Toolish; 31st October 2008 at 11:14 AM.

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

I've got a problem over the next month as it's footy finals in the SFL and I don't know what day on the weekend I'm running until Thursday nights. The grand finals are the 20th & 21st and then Jodie & I go on a cruise on the next Saturday for a week so I'm unavailable the weekend of 27, 28 Sept and 4, 5 Oct. After that I'm good though if you want me to tee up a Sunday arvo at Spring Valley.

ok How many have we got available to play this weekend i have the ok for Sanctuary lakes it will cost us $50 + a comp fee of $6.50 for those who have handicaps as part of me being able to get us on i was asked if those who had AGU handicaps would play in the comp as we would be taking potential spots of members or guest's who would be playing in the comp. I will start a thread in the 1st Tee section if we cant get enough for this weekend we can organise it for next month
    2008 OZGOLF Poker Champ
    Swannies Bag
    Driver - Powerbuilt FZ1 Citation MOI 10.5 deg stiff shaft
    3W - RC BBD type H2 15* with Aldilla S75 nv
    3I -PW - FZ1 Citation
    SW- Clevelend CG14 56 deg
    LW - Clevelend CG14 60 deg
    Putter - Odyseey black Series #9

Handicap Target 15
    Handicap Start 24
    Handicap actual 19
    Shots lost this year 5

Member Teaching Pro

Finally played the semi finals against Chappy (me 19, Chappy 10) today at Southern with the company of Kev. Hot and windy conditions made it interesting. I have never been good at remembering the details of a round of golf (even more so when it's hot but this is a quick summary. It was a TIGHTLY fought match with never more than 1 hole (iirc...) between us switching leads a few times (iirc...) and was square going into the last hole. Chappy said he took some notes and will do a write up so I'll leave the details to him.

Thanks Chappy for hosting again and the good match. It's great to be back out there again coming from the minimal winter golf.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

The match between v205 and myself (Kev match supervisor), was greeted by a warm and windy Sunday afternoon.

Short Summary
    The game was decided by two factors; consistency off the tee and a masterful putting display, none of which were shown by myself.

Result v205 (19 hcp) def Chappy (10 hcp) 1up.

Match Summary - Detailed
    I was to give v205 (Vincent) 9 shots for the match.

1st
    Off the tee I went left (which was to be trend for the day) and V went right we met at the green, both writing down 5's, but with a shot up his sleeve V goes 1 up.

2nd
    A little fortunate off the tee, I again go left and get a bounce in and out of a fairway bunker. V hits a nice drive down the right hand side. I stick a gap wedge to about 10 feet and 2 putt for par. V skips through the green into a trap and scraps around for a 6. Back to square.

Kev and Vincent both hit monster drives, only leaving themselves 50-60 into the green.

3rd
    Par 3 over water, both V and I find the putting surface, Kev goes a little walkabout. V addresses the ball and drains a 35ft’er for birdie. I 2 putt for par. V goes 1 up.

This long putt was the start of a few for Vincent from outside 30 foot.

4th
    Par 5, the first tee shot that I have got out of the middle for a few rounds, kev hits a big ball that gets some treatment from the wind and Vincent goes down the left hand side. Vincent and I play the hole for solid pars.

Vincent still 1 up

5th
    Par 4, Vincent gets a nice drive away, I find the trap right and Kev’s ball gets wet. Vincent misses the green and I play one of the only really great shots for the day, out of the trap from 160 into the wind to about 15 feet. 2 putt par for me and a 3 putt double for Vincent sees the match back at square.

6th
    Par 3, Vincent and I both miss the green long and left, whilst Kev sticks his tee shot to about 12 foot. I struggle out of some longish fringe and Vincent chips well. Vincent pars and bogie. Kev walks off with a regulation par

Vincent 1 up
    7th
    Par 5, Big drive by Vincent, I am scratchy but well down the left side. Big Kev tries to hit the green off the tee and manages to skull it up the path way about 100 yards.
    Vincent’s second puts him in a little trouble which has him scrambling for a 7, I am in the green side fringe for 2 but still only walk off with a par. But it’s enough to wrestle the match back to square. Kev takes a snow man.

Match square.

8th
    short Par 4, Kev goes well left, I top a ball about 110mtrs and Vincent puts himself in the middle of the fairway after taking an iron off the tee. My second shot is disgraceful and goes left into a trap, whilst Vincent puts his second about 15 yards short of the green. My 3rd comes out and leaves me with a 30 footer, which I 2 putt and walk off with a 5, Vincent lets me off the hook after a poor chip and 2 putts.

Match square.

9th
    Long Par 4 into the wind, Kev and Vincent smash their drives well down, I go right into the light rough. Kev’s hit was one of the biggest I have seen on that hole into the wind. Vincent and I both scramble for 6’s but my 3 putt versus his 2 putt coupled with me having to give him a shot on the hole meant Vincent was 1 up at the turn.

Vincent 1 up

Chappy out in 41, Vincent out in 42 and Kev out in 54.

10th
    Par 4 into the wind, Chappy goes well left again, Vincent hits one of the only poor drives for the day and Kev goes long and right.
    Some scrambling resulted, Chappy takes 5 and Vincent takes 6, but with stroke on the hole, the hole is halved

Vincent 1 up

11th
    Par 5, Chappy murders his drive down the right hand side leaving 165 to the green, Kev and Vincent go left off the tee. My second finds the trap and I’m out and a regulation 2 putt par for 5, Vincent drains another 25+ ft putt to halve the hole. Kev takes a double.

Vincent 1 up

16th
    Temp Par 3, One of the courses practice greens is in play as a temp while the proper par3 is being redesigned. It is a 90 mtr knock down to a smallish green. I am 2 feet short of the cut surface off the tee whilst Vincent is well short a Kev finds the 18th fairway from the tee. My putting woes continue and I take a 4, Vincent battles for a 5. Kev waves the flag and walks off a little shaken from the ordeal.
    Match back to square

12th
    Par 3, Chappy pushed yet an other tee shot left, Kev goes well through and Vincent is not far from pin high in the right rough. I scratch around for a bogey, Kev takes a 5 and Vincent takes back the lead with a par after a great chip shot.

Vincent 1 up

13th
    Long Par 4, Chappy and Vincent get decent drives away, while Kev checks out the 14th fairway. Chappy scrambles for a bogey, while Vincent spends far to much time in the bushes long and left of the green. Vincent takes a snowman and Kev takes a great 5 from where his tee shot finished

Match back to square

14th
    Index 1 Long Par 4, Chappy goes left yet again off the tee, whilst Kev and Vincent get great drives away. Chappy takes his punishment out of the trees and plays his 3rd to about 15 feet. Kev goes to long and Vincent puts his 2nd in the trap, his 3rd stays there as well. His 4th goes into the trap on the other side. Chappy thinks there may be an opening, but Vincent plays his 5 out to about 25 ft and proceeds to drain the putt. Chappy takes 2 putts and the hole is halved. Vincent can do no wrong with the flat stick. Kev takes a 7.

Match back to square

15th
    Par 4, Chappy goes left yet again off the tee, whilst Kev and Vincent get good drives away. Chappy hacks around and has his only wipe for the day. Vincent makes a good par and Kev takes a 6.

Vincent 1 up

17th
    Par 5, Everyone gets off the tee well, but Kev lets some shaft out and it goes miles. Chappy bunts a 3wd down to about 60 mt out and Vincent pushes his second into a trap. Kev goes on to make a great par. Chappy puts his 3rd to about 8 feet and Vincent scrambles for a 6. Chappy drops the putt for a birdie to get the match back to square going down the last.

Match back to square

18th
    Par 4, Everyone goes left off the tee, Kev thinks the pressure is getting to Vincent, it wasn’t getting to me cause I had been goin left all f^*en day. We all take our medicine except Kev who attempts to produce a miracle shot, only to find himself playing his 3rd form where elephants go to die. I punch out to the green fringe and Vincent to about 40 out. Vincent puts his 3rd to about 30 ft. I putt up and then drop a 6 footer for par. This was good for me but the flip side was that I had to give Vincent a shot on the hole and he hadn’t missed a putt all day. So as expected he stepped up and drained the putt for par to match mine and a 1 up win.

Vincent wins match 1 up

Vincent 90/71 – hcp 19
    Kev 108/87 – hcp 21
    Chappy 84/74 – hcp 10

A great day and a truly masterful putting exhibition by Vincent.

For the record I had 35 points in the club comp.
    Last edited by chappy1970; 13th October 2008 at 02:28 PM.
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex
    Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Ping Anser, Anser 2, Scottsdale

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

Final Swanny vs v205

Venue tbd
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

Hard luck chappy and well done vince

It would be nice if we could get this scheduled before the 6th November . Vince let me know what weekends you have free between now and then.
    2008 OZGOLF Poker Champ
    Swannies Bag
    3I -PW - FZ1 Citation

Handicap Target 15
    Handicap Start 24
    Handicap actual 19
    Shots lost this year 5

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Well played guys. Wow - what a battle!!! Sorry I missed it. Good luck for the finals guys.
    FlowerGolf

What's in the bag

Driver :Taylormade R7 draw HT
    3 & 5 wood -Taylormade R7 draw
    Hybrid - TM R7 draw 22,28
    5 - SW Taylormade XD Burner
    60 - Wishon wedges
    Putter - Yes Natalie
    Ball - Whatever!!

Member Teaching Pro

Thanks guys. I had no business winning the match (had quite a few shanks) if it wasn't for the freakish putting which rolled very well on the true greens (and those greens will get even better as it was at around 80-90% of coring recovery).

Swanny, I'm pretty flexible next few weeks. Andy mentioned he might be able to host in Oct which should work well for us? Otherwise, we can pick a place that's convenient.

We should make an effort to get as many Vics as possible to the final.

It's important if we want to start seeing the matchplay numbers close to what those boofheads in the northern states experience.

If nothing else to watch Vincent and his marvelous putting machine. Freakish

Cmon Vics
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

Johhny Boy are free on October 25th and November 1st. Week after that we will be at Ozgolf Champs. Then tied up with our daughters wedding after that.
    We would love to play with you guys again though.
    FlowerGolf

What's in the bag

60 - Wishon wedges
    Putter - Yes Natalie
    Ball - Whatever!!

Member Teaching Pro

Swanny, I see on your other post that you are now a 19 capper. Makes it easy for our match to be planning off the stick against each other. You want to play our match b4 or after your trip?

I say you should take the handicap of the last person you beat v205...

If you start out depressed everything’s kind of a pleasant surprise.
    WITB: stuff.

would love to play before we go but i dont think i can fit it in why dont you come to QLD with us and we can play it there
    2008 OZGOLF Poker Champ
    Swannies Bag
    3I -PW - FZ1 Citation

Handicap Target 15
    Handicap Start 24
    Handicap actual 19
    Shots lost this year 5

Member Teaching Pro

Swanny, bring home the trophy and I'll play you for it.

Quote Originally Posted by kev View Post
    I say you should take the handicap of the last person you beat v205...

Swanny doesn't need that, just take V's Scotty Cameron away from him, that will even things up a bit.
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

Ok folks Club champs all of November Johnny and flowergirl not available first weekend in decemebr so lets look at 14th of december for our next round and the matchplay final if that is suitable v205.

Im happy to play @ Sanctuary Lakes but that would give me home course advantage up to you V205.

Let me know asap so i can book or one of the other guys may be able to provide an alternate course.
    2008 OZGOLF Poker Champ
    Swannies Bag
    3I -PW - FZ1 Citation

Handicap Target 15
    Handicap Start 24
    Handicap actual 19
    Shots lost this year 5

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by swanny View Post
    ...lets look at 14th of december for our next round and the matchplay final...

Let me know asap so i can book or one of the other guys may be able to provide an alternate course.
    I've got an 8am tee time at Brookwater ready to go for you on Sunday 14th December....

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Johnny Boy and I are committed to this.
    FlowerGolf

What's in the bag

60 - Wishon wedges
    Putter - Yes Natalie
    Ball - Whatever!!

I'll be in.

Quote Originally Posted by kev View Post
    I'll be in.
    Good. Sorry you missed the Champs. Hopefully next year.
    FlowerGolf

What's in the bag

60 - Wishon wedges
    Putter - Yes Natalie
    Ball - Whatever!!

Thanks - Looking forward to making it next year.

Can we have some commitment for this event. Oh - sorry - didn't mean to sound pushy. Only that we have another event we can play in but would prefer to catch up with you guys.
    FlowerGolf

What's in the bag

60 - Wishon wedges
    Putter - Yes Natalie
    Ball - Whatever!!

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flowergirl View Post
    Johnny Boy and I are committed
    After last weekend maybe you should be!!

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Pencil me in and I mean pencil as I'm not sure what the cheese and kisses shifts are for December
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

Member Teaching Pro

I should be pretty flexible around that time. So we are still looking at SL with Swanny?

Thread Information