Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default WDYSTM - July 2023

14/07/2023, Gailes GC, Blue Tees (Scr 73 Sl 127 Par 73), Dingo Hill Back Marker Stroke.

Strokes Gained (SG) vs Scratch

Scoring: XPBBPXPBX BBXPPBXBP; 46-44-90 nett 83 (+9:+8:+17).
    Played to 14.2 Golflink 7.6 (+0.5).

Preparation for the City of Cairns tournament in a couple of weeks' time went well yesterday gaining 0.5 on my handicap.

I can't hit out of bunkers anymore. I knifed two out, which not only were bad results but cut up the ball too.
    Missed a few drives left early, and three putted a few times with the slippery pin positions. 5 double bogies is just too many.

Also, so much for my 3 wood being perfect for me (according to the Pureform fitting session). I put it back in the bag for this round and it was shocking; I can't hit the bloody thing.

Back at it again today.
    Last edited by AndyP; 16th July 2023 at 11:42 AM.

Maybe just a bad day with it? I was recently struggling with my 3 wood, kept duck hooking it almost every time I hit it, but after getting my takeaway back to where it should have been I've been hitting it a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    Maybe just a bad day with it? I was recently struggling with my 3 wood, kept duck hooking it almost every time I hit it, but after getting my takeaway back to where it should have been I've been hitting it a lot better.
    More like a normal day with it, as it was out of my bag for a reason. I only took it to the fitting session so it could be compared with other options, then kept flushing it off the deck there.

I could have scored lower yesterday, if I had have not tried playing it, but the score was already gone, so I treated it like a practice round.

Fair enough then. Hope you play better today, I'm heading off for my own round soon too

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    Fair enough then. Hope you play better today,
    Thanks. Better but not too good hopefully. I don't want a to peak and get a good flag before my Cairns trip.

I hope your form starts turning around too.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Thanks. Better but not too good hopefully. I don't want a to peak and get a good flag before my Cairns trip. I hope your form starts turning around too.
    Hahah. Thanks mate. Started to see a turnaround last week so I'm hoping to improve on that again. Today is a qualifier for another match play trophy so I'm keen to do well and get into that.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I haven't reported on any rounds in here for quite a while, but todays is definitely worth checking in with.

2 under par for 43pts (off 5). 3 bogies & 5 birdies. The new flatstick is going well.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    I haven't reported on any rounds in here for quite a while, but todays is definitely worth checking in with.

2 under par for 43pts (off 5). 3 bogies & 5 birdies. The new flatstick is going well.

Did you throw your bag into the car from across the car park?

So much for a return to form, bloody 26 points. At least I made a birdie, and with a tricky downhill left to righter.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

-4 in par comp today. Put on a ball striking exhibition, but didn't convert. I had 7 lip-outs - and not "kiss the lip" style, most of these were 90+ degrees, culminating in a wonderful 180 horseshoe on 17.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

28 points today, missed soooooooo many putts, it was $h!ting me up the F##king wall.

With no exaggeration, it cost me 10 points today. Although, I'll rephrase, I cost me 10 points by putting like a F##king clown, not the putter.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex
    Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Ping Anser, Anser 2, Scottsdale

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Friggen horrible. I put myself in so many good positions only to bugger it up on the green

2 chip in birdies
    33 putts
    78/73

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

I haven't reported on any rounds in here for quite a while, but todays is definitely worth checking in with.2 under par for 43pts (off 5). 3 bogies & 5 birdies. The new flatstick is going well.
    Well done, Courty!

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

I haven't reported on any rounds in here for quite a while, but todays is definitely worth checking in with.2 under par for 43pts (off 5). 3 bogies & 5 birdies. The new flatstick is going well.
    Well done, Courty. This should be in the "conquered the game" thread.

15/07/2023, Wolston Park GC, Blue Tees (Scr 65 Sl 117 Par 67), Stableford.

Scoring: XPBBPbbBP PBPPPBPBP; 38-35-73 (+3:+3:+6); stab 16-19-35pts.
    Played to 7.2. Golflink 7.2 (-0.4).

After Friday's bunker troubles, I hit a half dozen out of the practice bunker before yesterday's round and did not have any problems. Of course, I went into the greenside bunker on the first and didn't get out and made a double. Yay!

With Four over through four, it looked like it could be a tough day, but the game was pretty good after that, particularly the irons which were the best they've been for quite some time. Two of the missed greens were because I hit them too well and dropped off the back.

It's not a turnaround in form unless I can back it up again next week though.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Monthly medal at Wynnum yesterday. 90 gross. 80 nett. A couple of observations:
    I'm useless out of bunkers
    I'm not ready for stroke rounds
    I can't play hungover

Hit the ball nicely on Tues night at the range. Starting to hit through it better with more compression etc., but didn't manage to carry that form over to the course. Ahh well.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Finally! I have played a good round of golf. I haven't cracked the game, but 39 points (off 10) is my best round since December 2022.
    Ironically, it was partly due to the equipment. On Monday we got caught badly in the rain, and then I forgot to take the wet bag out of the car boot to dry, so I just used the second set. Better driving, better putting, and much better chipping. Thankfully, I should go back into single figures again for a little while.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Teed off at 7, it was minus 6 at the greenskeepers shed. Once the sun rose, it was beautiful without a breath of wind.

19/18, 37. Was leading until the last group came through at 4ish, and Captain Kev recorded 39 points.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

22/07/2023, Wolston Park GC, Blue Tees (Scr 65 Sl 117 Par 67), Par.

Scoring: bBPPPPPPP bXbPBPXPP; 35-37-72 (E:+5:+5); par 1+:1+:2+.
    Played to 4.8. Golflink 7.3 (+0.1).

I started with the irons how I finished the last round, and finally birdied the first after not doing it for a couple of years. It's quite nice hitting irons at the target and having makeable birdie putts.

I got myself to one under off the stick through 10, but flared my drive right on 11, and got a couple of shitty lies and picked up before taking a putt. I bounced straight back on the next hole, but from the 14th onwards I was pulling the irons way left. I managed to avoid too much damage with some great putting, in fact the putter was on fire all day, but trashed the 16th as well.

I'm really happy with that one and I think I am back on track for the year.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Played Saturday. Was sunny, frosty, not a breath of wind for the day.

Was ok on the front until I 4 putted for a wipe from 20 feet on 8.

Fought back and had 20 around the back 9.

Pins were pretty tricky, so 35 ended up good enough for runner up in A Grade.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Still not playing as well as I'd like, but seeing some positive signs of getting back to where I was. I have no doubt that a lot of it is mental, I'm letting the bad shots/holes affect me more than I usually do, feeling like when one happens the round is gonna go off the rails and be crap again, and getting tensed up too much, so I'm working on getting back to the one shot at a time approach that worked well. Anyway, I managed to get past 30 points on Sunday with 31. My ball striking started out really well, unfortunately I forgot how to putt, making 3 putts on 3 of the first 4 holes. The front 9 was pretty ordinary but I played better on the back 9 with 18 points, made par on the last 6 holes except 16 after the tee shot took a ridiculous kick off a tree and went ob. I can take some confidence from that 9 into this weekend at least.Also picked up an NTP on 7, so at least I'll get a few balls to keep the stocks up.
    Last edited by Kelsey86; 25th July 2023 at 01:01 PM.

26/07/2023, Cairns GC, Blue Tees (Scr 72 Sl 122 Par 72), Par.

Scoring: (start at 11th) bPBBXBPPP PBPPBBBPX;
    41-41-82 (+4:+6:+10); stab 33pts.
    Played to 9.3. Golflink 7.3 (+0.0).

Nice introduction to the City of Cairns playing in miserable conditions. The game held up okay in it though. A few stinkers with the driver, but I got away with them without too much damage. Irons were solid, and the putts were mostly at the right speed. Let's see how it holds up over another five rounds.

The highlight was birdieing the first, our ninth, with the team ball.
    Last edited by AndyP; 27th July 2023 at 06:35 AM.

Member Club Pro

25 points with 2 shanks and then 2 lost balls from the same spot in the middle of the fairway.
    Might need to practice.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Have been hitting ball reasonably well lately tee to green, but my putting is absolutely in the toilet atm.

32 points yesterday, with 35 putts, including 6 x 3 putts FFS

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex
    Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Ping Anser, Anser 2, Scottsdale

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

Poor form continued yesterday with 27 points. I did putt pretty well but not much help when tee to green is rubbish. Enjoyed my new wedges though, they felt good and made a chip in birdie on a difficult green. Chipping in general wasn't too bad, I expect it'll get better as I get more used to the wedges. Noticeable increase in spin as I expected I suppose.
    I'm going to head in a bit earlier today to get a bit more practice with them too.

Thread Information