Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman Dan View Post
    Should be auslander.net/forums.
    you would know as the head of personal attacks

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

Don't worry scarfie keza copped worse and hers were on golf link in a comp (all be it adhoc's due to small fields)

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

I was wondering what today's red hot thread would be. Trust peter_rs to dig that one up.

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Keep doing you thing Scarfie ... stick it up these old farts
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

G69 not starting anything... they were scores in a comp with a marker and some people did not believe them.

BV I have done nothing in this thread and its going fine.

I wonder if my "Peter_rs is becoming a golfer" thread is due for an update tomorrow.

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

If you're a regular club golfer that plays in the Saturday comp most weeks, of course your social rounds mean very little.

If you're primarily a social golfer, then the social rounds, provided you adhere to the rules, will obviously gain more importance.

I personally don't rate social rounds, but I play reasonably regularly with a group of friends, none of who have handicaps, nor have they ever had handicaps. One of them had an ace in our annual little event last year and another shot a PB round of 81. Both of them are entitled to claim their achievement as far as I'm concerned.

But I do see the point from both side of the argument.
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

Quote Originally Posted by peter_rs View Post
    Don't worry scarfie keza copped worse and hers were on golf link in a comp (all be it adhoc's due to small fields)
    yes, but they were all complete bullshit!
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

what if you treat comps as social golf as you don't get to play your home course, and comps are cheaper then social golf.

In the end all scores matter other wise you would stay at the range.

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Moe, what about when you are playing on your own and then claim the score as a PB and then start a thread on an internet golf forum telling everyone you have "conquered the game"? Is that the same as a score shot playing with a group of friends?

What scarfie is claiming is not even worthy of being called a social round.

jusy trying to keep things moving along
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Senior Member Major Winner

you would know as the head of personal attacks
    Now now, I've only ever made one comment about you, and that was deleted. Besides - it was a cracker For heavens sake, if it was taken in the light it was meant to it may not have even been deleted.

Tez - Jim wouldn't have received a PM, that would involve coming back and checking. I reckon MSN Messenger was used!!
    Lucy Harris smart smart smart, Martin Harris dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Moe, what about when you are playing on your own and then claim the score as a PB and then start a thread on an internet golf forum telling everyone you have "conquered the game"? Is that the same as a score shot playing with a group of friends?

What scarfie is claiming is not even worthy of being called a social round.
    if its the norm that he plays by himself, then yes.

Personally, I would never play 18 holes alone without breaking several rules, including the odd mulligan - so its a bit of a non event for me.
    Moe Norman

I reckon there were under 30 starters at my course the other day. Funnily enough, there's no "A" in GolfLink next to my score??

Quote Originally Posted by Moe Norman View Post
    Personally, I would never play 18 holes alone without breaking several rules
    And you dont have to look over your shoulder as you use the foot.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Now now, I've only ever made one comment about you
    But you fired more then few shots at other people as well...

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

But you fired more then few shots at other people as well...
    Lies, lies and damn lies. But your 100% comment cannot be refuted! Anyway, stop threadjacking this argument with an argument!

Ladies comps at riverlakes could be as small as 6. I believe if you don't make 25 (or the min to get a CCR) the score is done as a adhoc.

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

Lies, lies and damn lies. But your 100% comment cannot be refuted! Anyway, stop threadjacking this argument with an argument!
    Stop replying to my replys then...

I don't refute my comment and it was a generlisation not a attack, I never called anyone directly a wanker I just said this place was full of them (by the definition including myself at times... in some peoples eyes)

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Tez - Jim wouldn't have received a PM, that would involve coming back and checking. I reckon MSN Messenger was used!!
    True, my bad

Terry.
    Smugmug

"Your Mamma wouldn't fit in the can Bro"

Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine

Smile

No need for any of that stuff - I'm always on the lookout for this type of thread. Blokes bignoting without a valid reason is my speciality.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Hi everybody. First post here, long time reader.

I believe if you don't make 25 (or the min to get a CCR) the score is done as a adhoc.
    Nope. I've got a non-adhoc score with a field of 20.
    For fields of 20 or less, the ACR or women's equivalent would be used.

Ladies comps at riverlakes could be as small as 6. I believe if you don't make 25 (or the min to get a CCR) the score is done as a adhoc.
    do they only play 9 holes in these 6 person comps?

Maybe that would explain the massive variance in her scores
    Moe Norman

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    scarfie,

Have a scroll down the list of threads in the "What did you shoot this week" forum. Aside from this dubious chest puffing thread of yours, the rest of the threads stick to the standard format, save for Johnny Canucks official, verifiable win in the Kennedy Bay Club Championships (well done JC) and agave's first career ace (in a comp, fully verifyable - well done agave). Yet you are blurting about a round which has no credibility? Are you serious?

Just a further question for you about your supposedly par round - how many other people were playing in the group? Or were you possibly playing by yourself as suggested in post # 6 of this thread?
    Thanks for the compliment Jack.

I think one of the problems that I have is that I am a trusting sort. Also, I view things such as shooting par as a sense of accomplishment, which is all that matters to me. I could care less what anyone else thinks. For this reason, I don't see why people would lie about something in order to get praise from others. However, I do realise that this does happen (from my past readings on ISG, etc..) I trust that Scarfie shot par as I personally would never boast about anything that didn't happen. If he didn't and posted that he did, he is an absolute wanker (hypothetically speaking Scarfie, no offence intended.)

I can see where you are coming from though in terms of the verification process. I have played in social rounds, shot good scores and made sure that I had my playing partners sign the card. The same goes for when I have recorded aces in social games. I just like to have some form of verification other than my word that it did happen.

69, sorry for calling you out, it just seemed like the fire was getting a little more fuel than it needed.

Strange phenomenon. When I am at work, I capitalize letters in my sentences, at home on the laptop, I don't. I wonder if it is the professional environment or the keyboard that causes this as it is not something that I consciously do.

How do we know that this isn't all reverse psychology? Every time something like this happens, the same few people get branded as the sh!t stirrers. The boot is on the other foot now, why don't people think of it that way?

How do we know that Scarfie (all 200 posts of him) hasn't turned up to cause trouble? How do we know that he hasn't deliberately posted this topic to bait someone? Surely he knew that Jack would bite?

Has anyone met this bloke? I doubt it - he plays solo, and never in comps? How can we tell this isn't some fake account by a vengeful Queenslander?

You've been had, Jack. I bet you feel cheap knowing that now. Typical OzGolf xenophobia.
    Maybe he is SVEN!

Quote Originally Posted by golfer69 View Post
    Wow..what a game of poker.....scarfie needed an ace on the river to beat him and only drew a deuce.....funny coming from a bloke playing solitaire.
    But he took a mulligan and got the ace!

Just kidding Scarfie!

Thread Information