Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast
    Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    If you are not playing in the comp then there is no point at all in even recording the scores on a scorecard, unless you want to write it down and show it to your mates to impress them (even though they will probably ask "was it in a comp")?
    Are you being serious? How about writing the score down so you no what you scored so you can set new benchmarks etc. For the love of the game, make you keep coming back and trying to better it.

Your the only idiot that cares if it was in a comp or not.
    Titleist TSr4 9*... Tensei 1k Black 65x
    Titleist TSr3 15*... Tensei 1k Black 75x
    Titleist TSi2 21*... Tensei AV Raw White 75x
    New Level 623CB 4-PW...TT Elevate Tour X
    Vokey 50/12, 56/14, 60/14... S200
    Odyssey TriHot 5k Two
    Titleist Pro V1x

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by scarfie1 View Post
    Are you being serious? How about writing the score down so you no what you scored so you can set new benchmarks etc. For the love of the game, make you keep coming back and trying to better it.
    If you are only playing for fun then you should keep the scores in your head. Only comp rounds should be written down, as the card needs to be handed in. Social or fun rounds dont mean anything and you can't hand the card in for handicapping purposes.

What is the point of trying to better the score if it has no impact on your handicap? How do you even know if you are getting better or worse if your scores arent being recorded officially?

And of course if the par round is questions is to be 100% legitimised then it will be in a comp and recorded on your golflink record. Otherwise you may just be making the whole thing up!

If you are only playing for fun then you should keep the scores in your head. Only comp rounds should be written down, as the card needs to be handed in. Social or fun rounds dont mean anything and you can't hand the card in for handicapping purposes.
    Socials round not meaning anything just shows that you're nieve in understanding why other people play the game.

What is the point of trying to better the score if it has no impact on your handicap? How do you even know if you are getting better or worse if your scores arent being recorded officially?
    Who cares about handicaps. I know when I'm getting better because I'm not retarded and can tell when a 71 is better than the 76 I usually shoot. Handicaps are just for making that 85 you shoot seem better by reducing the score for a nett result.

And of course if the par round is questions is to be 100% legitimised then it will be in a comp and recorded on your golflink record. Otherwise you may just be making the whole thing up!
    Yep thats what I am doing, making the whole thing up. I don't really care what anyone else thinks, I play golf for my own satisfaction and trying to shoot better every time I play. Grow up.
    Last edited by scarfie1; 22nd October 2007 at 08:03 PM.
    Odyssey TriHot 5k Two
    Titleist Pro V1x

Senior Member Major Winner

Has anyone conquered this game?
    Lucy Harris smart smart smart, Martin Harris dumb.

I don't really care what anyone else thinks, I play golf for my own satisfaction and trying to shoot better every time I play. Grow up.
    Then why come on here telling everyone what a ferking superstar you are for alledgely shooting a par round that wasnt even in an official competition ? For all we know you made the whole thing up and everythign you say is just a load of crap? You have no proof!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

I have never kept score when playing a social round, especially with the amount of different courses I play. Scoring tends to get in the way of me taking in the course, so I’m just happy remembering a few good holes, laughing at the bad ones & spending some time with friends.

In saying that, I don’t really mind how you treat the round, Scarfie.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Jack, what about the masses out there that aren't as fortunate as to have a AGU or a club. Do you think your theories affect the way they play the game or the the enjoyment they get out of it.

Terry.
    Smugmug

"Your Mamma wouldn't fit in the can Bro"

I'm sure they can still enjoy their golf Terry. But blowing your own trumpet big time on this (or any other) website when it all counts for nought and you have no proof is an entirely different matter altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I have never kept score when playing a social round, especially with the amount of different courses I play. Scoring tends to get in the way of me taking in the course, so I’m just happy remembering a few good holes, laughing at the bad ones & spending some time with friends.

In saying that, I don’t really mind how you treat the round, Scarfie.
    Do you even keep score in a comp round? I thought you just scored NCR;s?

For the record, I keep scores in a social round and even keep stats (as long as it's not played off the social tees). If I didn't keep score how would I know who won the money?

For the argument, shooting par is shooting par ... is shooting par around Cypress Point in a 'social' round easier or harder than shooting even par in a comp round at your home track? I know which one I'd be happier with, and as far as records go I could just do what everyone did before computers have my playing partner record the score and sign it.

What would your argument be jack if there was no golflink, how would you verify shooting par in a comp round? Probably show someone a scorecard or get a signed letter from your club handicapper?

Disclamier: I play about 7 or 8 comp rounds to every 1 social round.
    Last edited by mikezone13; 22nd October 2007 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Disclaimer added..
    H'cap start 06 - 15 - Goal 06 - 10 - End 06 - 15
    H'cap start 07 - 15 - Goal 07 - 12 - End 07 - 10
    H'cap start 08 - 10 - Goal 08 - 9 - Now - 11 (10.5) - Best 9.1
    MIKE Link - OLD
    MIKE Link - NEW
    THE Bag

"I have always wanted to live where one could practice shots in one's pyjamas before breakfast"
    Alister MacKenzie

Then why come on here telling everyone what a ferking superstar you are for alledgely shooting a par round that wasnt even in an official competition ? For all we know you made the whole thing up and everythign you say is just a load of crap? You have no proof!
    Because beleive it or not, there are people on hear that care about how others score and Im sure every golfer can appreciate someone doing something for the first time. I think it's sad that your trying to shoot me down because it wasn't in a comp. You've got to understand thats how I play my golf. How many times do I have to say it, golf is not defined by competition. When you look up the definiton of golf does it say: can only be played AGAINST OTHERS IN COMP.

When I first started playing 12 years ago and learnt how to hit a five wood pretty good, do you think my old man said...now now unless you can hit like that in a comp it doesn't matter....NO.

I don't give a f**K whether my round is credible or not. I don't need proof of my round for dickheads like you, and saying that I'm calling myself a ferking superstar just sounds a little jealous.
    Odyssey TriHot 5k Two
    Titleist Pro V1x

Quote Originally Posted by mikezone13 View Post
    D

For the argument, shooting par is shooting par ... is shooting par around Cypress Point in a 'social' round easier or harder than shooting even par in a comp round at your home track?
    My home track is much harder than Cypress Point

What would your argument be jack if there was no golflink, how would you verify shooting par in a comp round? Probably show someone a scorecard or get a signed letter from your club handicapper?
    Golflink makes little difference other than making it easier to verify to score by seeing it easily online. Under the old system, the score recorded in a competition round would still be manually entered into your handicap record at your club and a copy can be taken to prove to everyone that it actually happened.

Because beleive it or not, there are people on hear that care about how others score and Im sure every golfer can appreciate someone doing something for the first time. I think it's sad that your trying to shoot me down because it wasn't in a comp. You've got to understand thats how I play my golf. How many times do I have to say it, golf is not defined by competition. When you look up the definiton of golf does it say: can only be played AGAINST OTHERS IN COMP.

When I first started playing 12 years ago and learnt how to hit a five wood pretty good, do you think my old man said...now now unless you can hit like that in a comp it doesn't matter....NO.

I don't give a f**K whether my round is credible or not. I don't need proof of my round for dickheads like you, and saying that I'm calling myself a ferking superstar just sounds a little jealous.
    It is becoming very obvious from your uncontrollable emotional outbursts that your credibility has been damaged to the point where your whole story has a distinct smell to it. What started out as a nice little rant about a probable fictitious score has turned into you becoming extremely defensive when challenged to provide some proof - of which, of course, you have none. I do not believe a word of your story anymore.

Golflink makes little difference other than making it easier to verify to score by seeing it easily online. Under the old system, the score recorded in a competition round would still be manually entered into your handicap record at your club and a copy can be taken to prove to everyone that it actually happened.
    Yes it could, so can a signed scorecard from a social round I assume? And if there was no golflink would you expect to have to show mates/associates your handicap record for a par/under par round? No you'd just tell them and they'd congratulate you, no questions asked... where has the trust gone in this world....
    MIKE Link - OLD
    MIKE Link - NEW
    THE Bag

"I have always wanted to live where one could practice shots in one's pyjamas before breakfast"
    Alister MacKenzie

I'm sure they can still enjoy their golf Terry. But blowing your own trumpet big time on this (or any other) website when it all counts for nought and you have no proof is an entirely different matter altogether.
    Seems like it counts for naught only for you. And to think I'm blowing my trumpet big time, by starting a simple thread about how I shot PAR is just plain ol dumb. This is the first time I have ever mentioned my scoring, it's not like I keep people constantly updated every time I shoot my PB or pull off a great shot.

It's people like you that ruin a great site like this. How about you stay out of all my threads in the future as you obviosuly don't bring anything positive to the table.
    Odyssey TriHot 5k Two
    Titleist Pro V1x

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    My home track is much harder than Cypress Point
    Hmm.... dunno, while I'd hope not to score worse there than at Newcastle, I'm sure I probably would.
    MIKE Link - OLD
    MIKE Link - NEW
    THE Bag

Alister MacKenzie

Yes it could, so can a signed scorecard from a social round I assume? And if there was no golflink would you expect to have to show mates/associates your handicap record for a par/under par round? No you'd just tell them and they'd congratulate you, no questions asked... where has the trust gone in this world....
    Because the card would not have the CCR recorded on it by the club pro or clubs handicapper. And I would ask "did you win the comp with that score?" and if you answered "it wasnt in the comp" then you would have no cred and the round would have no standing.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

But saying that, if he is "blowing his own trumpet and has no proof", who is he cheating, you, me, no he's only cheating himself.

Terry.
    Smugmug

"Your Mamma wouldn't fit in the can Bro"

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

Hmm.... dunno, while I'd hope not to score worse there than at Newcastle, I'm sure I probably would.
    Nah Newcastle was a push over mate

Because the card would not have the CCR recorded on it by the club pro or clubs handicapper. And I would ask "did you win the comp with that score?" and if you answered "it wasnt in the comp" then you would have no cred and the round would have no standing.
    Interesting point of view, wonder how those that play in a registered social club think about it?
    MIKE Link - OLD
    MIKE Link - NEW
    THE Bag

Alister MacKenzie

Senior Member Major Winner

I mean, conquer is a tough word. I could argue I conquered this game by making 4 birdies last weekend...... You could argue that Tiger conquered this game when he won $20m this year or something, but got beaten by a Canadian chopper in the Prezzies Cup.....
    Lucy Harris smart smart smart, Martin Harris dumb.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Interesting point of view, wonder how those that play in a registered social club think about it?
    registered social clubs play off social tees don't they ? probably a different argument

Someone hand me a beer please

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Scarfie meet Jack - Ozgolf's official grumpy bastard.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by 3oneday View Post
    registered social clubs play off social tees don't they ? probably a different argument

Dunno, but I'll have a Cascade thanks
    MIKE Link - OLD
    MIKE Link - NEW
    THE Bag

Alister MacKenzie

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by 3oneday View Post

and pass the pizza

Thread Information