Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Default BrisWesty Vs Pete_rs - 18/8/07 - Riverlakes 7:32AM

OK lets do this.

Be gentle with me.

Are you free any weekends between now and the 26.

Peter_rs 39
    shazza_rs 38
    Briswesty 35
    Rustry 28
    Last edited by peter_rs; 20th August 2007 at 09:12 AM. Reason: scores

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

yep, i'll play. back from hols and very keen to play and watch.

1. Peter_rs
    2. Briswesty
    3. Shazza_rs
    4. Rusty

Booked in.

Great another guy with a good long & better short game.

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

look out he is back ..

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Rusty,
    Welcome back. How was o/s?
    Are you bringing your mum along on Saturday? According to previous threads she's good for putting people off their game.
    Westy
    WITB -
    Driver - Nessie 9o
    Woods - Turbo Power III+ 3 & 5 wood
    Irons - Oxygen - Type S 3HL, 4HL, 5-PW
    Wedges - xds 56 & 60 degree
    Putter - Tomahawk Sniper

H'cap - 12.7 on 1/1/08, 12.8 on 1/1/09, 13.7 on 1/1/10

http://www.golflink.com.au/HandicapH..._no=4130402024

"I played golf. I did not get a hole in one, but I did hit a guy. That was way more satisfying." Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by BrisWesty View Post
    Rusty,
    Are you bringing your mum along on Saturday? According to previous threads she's good for putting people off their game.
    Westy
    Japan was great! people were very friendly and helpful. felt very safe. ate a few "Japanese surprises" though. we think one was horsemeat... mmm...

yeah i should've used mum against Vegas. i've got her in training for next years games.

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Japanese food is great though.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Rusty,
    Westy
    I have shazza for that

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

I'll see your shazza and raise you a rusty.

That just sounds so wrong in so many ways.

(Sorry Shazza, sorry Rusty)
    WITB -
    Driver - Nessie 9o
    Putter - Tomahawk Sniper

"I played golf. I did not get a hole in one, but I did hit a guy. That was way more satisfying." Mitch Hedberg

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by peter_rs View Post
    I have shazza for that
    I thought shazza was only good at putting you off your game???

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

thats what I ment. I have never won any matchplay games with shazza in the same group or as caddie..... not that I blame her

I think its well know that she cheers for anyone that beats me. . Go team RS

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

Good Luck Petey !!!! I really wanted to come along but after a 230am finish I will still be sleeping at 730am !! GO PETEY !!!!!

Thanks keza,

soft

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

After normal sizing each other up and the usual banal sledging, the game was afoot.
    1st – Both P & BW were just off the green to the left for 2. P put his ball to about a metre, but gave BW a sighter. That was all BW needed and promptly sunk it from the fringe for a birdie. 1 up.
    2nd – P dunked his second in the water on the 3rd, but got up and down for bogey, so not too bad. BW was on in regulation and sunk a 4m putt for birdie. 2 birdies vs 2 bogeys & 2 up!
    3rd – BW went well left, while P got on in regulation. BW chipped on a 2 putted for bogey, while P 3 putted from about 10m to square the hole. 2 up.
    4th – P gets his first shot from BW. Both on the green in regulation and 2 putt from about 10m for pars, but P wins the hole – 1 up.
    5th – P dunks his drive into the pond on the left, but hits a big approach just short of the left bunker for 3. BW plays safe and gets a GIR 30m from the hole. P chipped up to about 3m, BW drained a 4-5m putt for par, while P one putted for bogey. - 2 up.
    6th – BW laid up, and P went left over the trees. P was long and left of the green for 2, while BW got on for 4. P left his chip for eagle just short of the hole and sunk a fairly easy putt for birdie. BW 2 putted for bogey – 1 up.
    7th – P put an iron into good position, while BW somehow put his tee shot through the left hand trees and onto the fairway. Yet another GIR for both. BW 2 putted for par, and P’s par putt just about had a siesta on the lip before dropping in to square the hole.
    8th – P gets another shot (damn this handicapping system). He slams his tee shot to the rear of the green, while BW short sides himself above the hole to the right. BW tries to hit a delicate little chip but rolls it into the bunker as it trickles toward the hole. Blasts out and sinks the putt for bogey, but all to no avail as P makes no mistake and pars the hole in very steady fashion. Waste of a shot really. All square!
    9th – P unleashes the beast, grips it and rips it straight up the middle. BW gets into the right rough, and puts himself into more trouble after that, eventually chipping on for 4. P by this stage has made mincemeat of the hole. On in reg, and 2 putts for a simple par. The hole lost and BW 3 putts (shock horror) for a triple bogey – 1 down.

After 9 holes – P – 3 over par (22 points), BW 4 over par (20 points)

10th – BW's ball decides to hit the cart path over near the 14th and ends up in trouble. P is on the 14th and has a clear shot at the green, but gets on in 3 and about 4-5m away. BW eventually gets on in 5 to about 12m after dunking his 3rd in the lake. BW calmly (yeah right) sinks the putt, while P 3 putts to halve the hole. P not happy!
    11th – P goes way left onto 13. BW hits into the left bunkers. Both on the fringe for 3. Both almost chip in, and 1 putt for bogey to square the hole. 1 down.
    12th – Another shot for P. P launches his ball left into the lake (at least that’s where we agreed it ended up). BW also left but doesn’t have a shot at the green and punches back onto the fairway. Gets it on for 3. P almost gets on the green but rolls it back into the bunker. Chips out to about 3m. BW pushes his putt well past the hole. P hits his putt and jams it straight in the back of the cup (and leaves two size 12(?) craters in the green with his jump for joy). BW sinks the come back putt for an equalizing bogey, but the hole is gawn. 2 down.
    13th – P hit two shockers off the tee. One plonked in the lake, the other one almost took Shazza out (little bit of poetic licence there). After that he played pretty good golf, including 1 putt, and left BW with 3 putts from 8m to halve the hole. BW needed 2 putts for the bogey and it’s back to 1 down.
    14th – BW tugs one left onto the cart path and well past the green. P almost ends up on the green, but lands on some sandy former GUR at the front left and the ball stays there. Both chip on and 2 putt to halve the hole. – 1 down.
    15th – Both BW and P lay up to about 60m. Both get on in reg, but BW is about 12m to P’s 10m from the hole. BW runs past the hole to a couple of metres, P (the wuss) leaves himself short with a 1m downhill slider, which he calmly (?) slots for par. The pressure is now on the “short game king” who pushes the putt right for bogey. Oh bother, it’s 2 down with 3 to play.
    16th – Not a good time for P to get another shot. P hits a cracking shot to the front of the green. BW goes further left than the Democrats, and leaves himself with a tricky shot to the flag. He takes two to get on, and sinks the putt for bogey, leaving P with 4 putts to halve. P almost finishes the match with a birdie, but figured par would be good enough. Game over – thank you linesmen, thank you ball boys. Peter RS wins 3 and 2!

I ended up with another bird on 18 from just off the green but by that stage it was all too late.

Eags and 69, you better watch out! Despite my quick start, Peter never allowed himself to get out of the game. He played REALLY solid golf from the 4th to the 9th, which was crucial to getting back into things. Apart from my triple at 9, I played 4-8 in only 2 over, yet dropped 2 holes. That’s hard to beat!

In the meantime, Shazza had her own little blitz. 4 birdies for the round, including consecutives at 16 (NTP) & 17 (not eligible for NTP) – both to within a metre or so, so she owns our sorry butts!

In the washdown
    Rusty - 28 points – left his “A” game in Japan. Eventually got it out of customs at about the 17th and showed glimpses of his best now and then.
    BrisWesty – 35 points but had 14 points after 5 holes. 3 birdies (first time for me) - after all that I probably haven't lost 0.1 to go out to 12.5!
    Shazza RS – 38 points with 4 birdies
    Peter RS – 39 points with 2 birdies – 22 points on the first 9 after 23 points for 18 at Gailes on Wednesday. Somebody swab that man!
    WITB -
    Driver - Nessie 9o
    Putter - Tomahawk Sniper

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

Well played Pete, nice win
    Bad luck Westy

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Yeah nice work Pete
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

other one almost took Shazza out (little bit of poetic licence there).
    Dont tell me Shazza was sledging?

Congrats Pete, seems like you were under a bit of pressure.

Good write up BW
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Are you sure it was Pete and not some stunt double?

Well done, Peter_rs?
    Nice work by all on the birdie-fest too.

Just did the calcs and Peter beat me on every hole I gave him a shot. That's consistency!
    WITB -
    Driver - Nessie 9o
    Putter - Tomahawk Sniper

Thanks for the game guys.

Bad luck to westy he played well. I think his round covered most things expect shazza dropping rusty to his knees with a 3 wood on the 10th. Missed him by at least 5cm's

quotes or the round-
    -Before teeing off "I have been playing that bad I had to regrip my ball scoop" Westy... birdie birdie start
    -"Is you can hit the ball that far, I don't know how you cann't find trouble" Rusty.... peters ball finds part of the lake.

Lost 0.3. I think everyone in our group could have played the back nine better. but we were told to pick up the pace after nine holes because we were a hole behind (2hr10min for the nine) It didn't help that the guys behind and in front where all in carts, and didn't want to play through. We finished in 4hr10. not bad for four walking.

The course is still good and not bad value for a open mixed comp on a sat at between $8 and $24.

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

Thread Information