Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default New Reporting Feature

Hi Guys!

Ok, I have set up the new reporting feature (last night). Some of you may have noticed the new button with the '!' on each post.

You will be able to report any posts that you feel are offensive or out of line, or simply do not belong on this forum.

If you see a post that you feel is crossing the line you can report it so that I can be alerted to the post and can do something about it IF NEED BE. That doesn't mean to say I won't be watching threads from time to time but since I am not into golf I don't read a large portion of the threads and will need to rely on you guys to report anything that you feel is crossing the line.

If you are genuinely upset by a post directed at you, report it and I can take a look at it with a unbiased opinion and decide whether action needs to be taken.

Alternatively you can PM me and let me know which thread to look at and I will take a look. If I do not respond fairly promptly (within a few hours) to a report feel free to PM me as I do not get alerted by email about reports and have to be logged in to get any notice of them.

I notice there seems to be some concern over this whole thing but it really is all common sense and I am not about to go deleting posts willy nilly. We have to remember that some new members may not know how to take certain posts. While many of you have gotten pretty close and know each other's humor, not everybody does so it is important to keep that in mind when posting. We don't want to scare any new members off after all! The more the merrier!

Senior Member Major Winner

Just a quick question CC - how many 'reports' did you (or any other moderator) receive before all of these shennanigans?
    Lucy Harris smart smart smart, Martin Harris dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman Dan
    Just a quick question CC - how many 'reports' did you (or any other moderator) receive before all of these shennanigans?
    We had several complaints about the thread about the 'other' forum.

And the rest of the complaints have been seen on the threads themselves.

Quite honestly we can simply not please everyone but what can you do?

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

I see a Barney nipple!

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky
    I see a Barney nipple!

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).
    Well report it, see how far it gets you!

Calm down, some of us like to at least pretend we have a sense of humour...

Regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Calm down, some of us like to at least pretend we have a sense of humour...

Regards,

Ben (Ducky).
    Sorry, no offense ducky I am just getting a bit fed up with all the winging.. I meant to put a smiley after that and should have..

It's cool, I don't like the hostility either. I think the whole situation has been blown out of proportion.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

You are fed up with the whinging - but you've given us the 'dob' button. Perhaps it's just me, but i see this as a little contradictory.

As you said, we're all adults. If someone see's fit to whinge, make them validate the issue rather than point-n-click access.

Yes, i'd like that button removed. I don't know why, it just doesn't look good having it there.

As for 'open' discussion, i reckon there's about a dozen people who now will only post if/when they have something to add, not freely as before - which is why OzGolf was a step ahead.

You are fed up with the whinging - but you've given us the 'dob' button. Perhaps it's just me, but i see this as a little contradictory.

As you said, we're all adults. If someone see's fit to whinge, make them validate the issue rather than point-n-click access.

Yes, i'd like that button removed. I don't know why, it just doesn't look good having it there.

As for 'open' discussion, i reckon there's about a dozen people who now will only post if/when they have something to add, not freely as before - which is why OzGolf was a step ahead.
    Dan

The whole point of the reporting button is to leave it up to you guys to report something if you feel uncomfortable with it. You don't HAVE to use it! The whole idea was to STOP the winging. Just because something is reported doesn't mean it will be acted upon but it will most definately be looked at and action taken if it seems appropriate.

Like I said, I really can't win as no matter what I do someone is always going to be dissatisfied...

I don't see why discussion should be any less open than it has been? I don't plan on changing anything in that regard! This forum is what you make of it, and right now it seems to just be a bunch of winging.

I am sure you all understand that I am NEVER going to keep everyone happy, it is just an impossibility.

Opinions, discussions and even a bit of gentle ribbing is welcome, it is just when it gets personal that it gets out of line.

The only posts I have deleted have been where it has gotten personal and I intend to keep it that way.

PS. I think I need a pay rise!

How about double...
    2 x $0 = $0

Quote Originally Posted by clikchic
    Like I said, I really can't win as no matter what I do someone is always going to be dissatisfied... ...

...I am sure you all understand that I am NEVER going to keep everyone happy, it is just an impossibility.
    I'm hearing you on FM...

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

It's because it doesn't match the other buttons, isn't it? A black exclamation mark with a blue border, just does not go with the other buttons that have green characters with green borders.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP
    It's because it doesn't match the other buttons, isn't it? A black exclamation mark with a blue border, just does not go with the other buttons that have green characters with green borders.
    He he, Yeah, I haven't had a chance to fix that yet.. that is the colour it came but I will most definately make it more pretty!

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Thanks andippy, I was wondering what button we were talking about.

At least I will have something to press when you !$%$@## start talking about gayfl next year

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by 3oneday
    Thanks andippy, I was wondering what button we were talking about.

At least I will have something to press when you !$%$@## start talking about gayfl next year

Pete
    Awwww, geez this is tempting..... press the button? Don't press the button.....

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

I like the button Idea Only for the fact that as Robin has said, its imposible to read all post (how could you fit that much bullshite in ones head at one time )

I would also say that the "dob button" will not get used at all, by anyone, thats a member here so far :P

Quote Originally Posted by Onewood
    I would also say that the "dob button" will not get used at all, by anyone, thats a member here so far :P
    Won't it? :smt112 Try me.

It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and you're all out of bubblegum?

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

?? ?? explanation for us old codgers please ???

Quote Originally Posted by 3oneday
    ?? ?? explanation for us old codgers please ???
    It's from an old'ish B-grade movie (can't remember the name), and Duke Nukem

Yes, i'd like that button removed. I don't know why, it just doesn't look good having it there..
    did you press the button to complain about this thread ?
    (i wonder how many people did that already)

All forums end up with issues like this after a time - its human nature, and with the amount of crap that we love to spout it was always going to be sooner rather than later before we have our first fight.

There is only one answer - a definitive "Charter" (i do beleive the forum software has a default one), and the idea of the reporting button is really intended when someone posted something offensive, rather than 'arguing'.

It is the usual practice to only Lock down threads when they get out of hand, deletion is a form of utopian censorship that we should not let happen except in an extreme circumstance.

I sympathise with ClikChic, i ran a BBS years ago (same as this forum but before the Internet) and it was worse than this.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

thanks for sharing that Blakey

i'd like to think that we don't really need the "button" but with this website getting more and more popular, i suppose it's only a matter of time until we need to use it
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by jarro
    i'd like to think that we don't really need the "button" (
    I know what your implying but which do you think is better?;

a) The moderator censoring the messages according to what he/she considers innapropriate.
    b) The moderator considering taking action if only complaints are lodged about a message.

I think we would find that under (B) there will probably be less not more removing of messages and or threads.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Does this function still work? I haven't seen a thing all day.

Thread Information