As I said in the Windaroo thread, I think there needs to be an open discussion on 1st Tee Etiquette, then maybe a sticky created.

A member brought the idea up some time ago, but I wasn't so sure that it was needed at the time. A couple of recent incidents have brought this topic forward again.

I'll just jot down some points about how I think OZgolf rounds should work.
  • There are sometimes two phases to organising an OZgolf round. An expression of interest (EOI) phase, where we just work out potential numbers for the day; and the actual finalisation of numbers and booking. Pencils are fine for the EOI as there is no need for commitment, but when it comes to the booking and you are still in pencil then you could be stopping someone else from playing. That's when you need to work out whether you can make it or not.
    The person organising should probably also state what they are doing.
  • When your name is booked with a club, even if you didn't make the booking, you need to treat it like you put your name down yourself.
  • When you pull out, it doesn't look good on you on the forum, but the booker is the one that looks bad at the club (which is quite often their home club). The worst case scenario would be if I had a few pullouts at McLeod. If that happened, they wouldn't allow us to bulk book several groups in the future, and they have told me as much.
  • I think definites should get priorities over pencils once the game is booked. In fact, it would be polite for those marked in pencil to offer their spot.
  • Do you book games for yourself, when you are only a chance of making it? I doubt it. More likely that you only book when you know you are going to be available. Same should apply here.
  • How do you treat those that pullout, or those that have shown to be unreliable? Not sure. But I think it should be up to the organiser/booker to decide how they want to treat it. If someone has a bad wrap, and puts their name down, maybe they should have to give way to others. Sounds a bit harsh, but I don't really know the answer.
  • This isn't really an OZgolf administration responsibility, we don't organise them, we just provide the facility for it to be done, so this isn't really something we would be moderating. Therefore I can't see bannings and suspensions from the forum happening.
Your turn.