Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    Ours is giving up the ghost and it's not even at half that. Maybe you deserve something better now. I still remember the episode where Al Bundy was gonna click over the mill, and was gonna get a new Dodge Viper or something if they filmed it. Fell asleep in his car and it rolled down the driveway or something and he missed it. So was gonna drive them all over again... Are you Al Bundy...... sometimes you seem to have his temperament? Do you sell shoes?
    Hmmmmmm - maybe I should try for a million...

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucasto23 View Post
    Wow that is actually pretty impressive in today throw away world
    1984 must have been a good year for Toyota.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

So can anyone explain how this trading in stuff works, in particular if your car is a piece of shit? Is it worth me even asking, or an I better to try and get rid of it myself, if I even can? Is it insulting to ask them for a change over price with the crap car I have?
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

If you can anything for it privately, do so.

The dealer will either offer an insulting token amount, or will tell you to go talk to the wreckers about salvage value. Basically, unless they can sell it themselves, they won't make much of an effort.

Of course, there are many down sides to trying to sell a piece of junk privately, and not many people want (or need) to buy an old car.

Either way, prepare to be disappointed.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Oh I wouldn't be disappointed. Or last car was taken by a wreckers. This one's value on average is between 1k and 3k and I reckon ours is closer or below the one. The reason why we're getting rid of it is because the engine is stuffed and often stalls etc. But barely made it up the range Saturday. Prior to Saturday our mechanics (who I trust) suggested running premium in it as they couldn't find anything else to fix.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Would only be worth it to get a minimum trade in guaranty if they were offering that. Unless you are happy for them to get rid of it for a token amount.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Blog Entries

It's the old story Goughy, you don't ask you don't get!
    Golflink

WITB
    Ping G400 SFT 12* Accra ST55 Tour Z M5
    Srixon Z355 17* FW Miyazaki Jinsoku S
    RBZ Black 3 HY 19* Rocketfuel 65S
    Srixon Zu65 3 20* Nippon NS Pro 980GH
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW
    Tourstage X Wedge 54/10, 58/12
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red CS 35"

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    If you can anything for it privately, do so.

The dealer will either offer an insulting token amount, or will tell you to go talk to the wreckers about salvage value. Basically, unless they can sell it themselves, they won't make much of an effort.

Of course, there are many down sides to trying to sell a piece of junk privately, and not many people want (or need) to buy an old car.

Either way, prepare to be disappointed.
    List it on CarsGuide and Gumtree for free and try your luck.

A dealer might offer you a token amount and then wholesale it immediately to a smaller yard that sells shitboxes. No major manufacturer would let something like that sit on their lot as they don't want to impact their reputation by selling something that could die immediately and comeback to haunt them. By the sounds of it, no one would really want to touch it if it's hardly running.

The decision to purchase or accept a trade in is driven by the sales manager / salesman that is selling the new vehicle. If there is a decent amount of profit in the sale, they'll work with the used car manager and/or DP to try and give you a fair price on the vehicle in order to secure the deal. If there is something only $1K, for example, profit in the new vehicle, they won't offer you anything as there is no room to move. Any vehicle they accept as a trade in will still need to be inspected, inspected and reconned, which costs the dealership money as well and will have to be added to the selling price.

Minimum trade-ins, while they sound good in principle, aren't as great as they appear when you dig deeper. If you get 2K more than your beater is worth, you can assure that the dealership will be clawing back that 2K somewhere else.

Deed done. A win in all respects for me as it's the car I wanted. Rob accepted that an SUV wouldn't work for us, and as it is the scooter only justa squeezed into the back of a 6. Not the colour she wanted either, but the one that was was a year older with more k's and no manufacturer warranty. Offered 200 for trade in (I wasn't surprised or insulted, more embarrassed to have even asked). On carsales they'd listed some cars as having a 3 year warranty, so I got that (still about 6 months manufactures warranty left) and another 6 months rego. For us, it will feel like we're driving around in a Merc, but given up enough shit over the years to have a little bit of what we consider luxury. Was really nice to drive, but considering what our car is like that's no surprise.

Any good brands of decent seat covers? Autobarn is having a sale..
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Blog Entries

Deed done. A win in all respects for me as it's the car I wanted. Rob accepted that an SUV wouldn't work for us, and as it is the scooter only justa squeezed into the back of a 6. Not the colour she wanted either, but the one that was was a year older with more k's and no manufacturer warranty. Offered 200 for trade in (I wasn't surprised or insulted, more embarrassed to have even asked). On carsales they'd listed some cars as having a 3 year warranty, so I got that (still about 6 months manufactures warranty left) and another 6 months rego. For us, it will feel like we're driving around in a Merc, but given up enough shit over the years to have a little bit of what we consider luxury. Was really nice to drive, but considering what our car is like that's no surprise.

Any good brands of decent seat covers? Autobarn is having a sale..
    Well don't keep us in suspense, what did you buy?
    Golflink

WITB
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW

I thought I said, but I realise I only implied. 2014 Mazda 6 wagon. Will feel strange to own a car from the same decade we're in?
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Can we have a seat cover thread first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, one week down and I'm pretty happy. But Rob's found one thing that's really bugging her, and I've checked it out and all the other phones in the house and it's the same with theirs. iPhones don't play as nice with the system. Plays music fine, but won't allow you to shuffle your music. Spose to be able to shuffle iphones from the screen on the car, but doesn't work, and won't even work if you try and shuffle via their phones. It just doesn't select. Seems strange to me. And if you connect them via usb as though an iPod, it still fails in a different way. Select shuffle, and it sets up a shuffle, then at the end of the song it flips straight from song to song to song. Really weird. Still has some new car warranty so I'll ring them about that.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Well, one week down and I'm pretty happy. But Rob's found one thing that's really bugging her, and I've checked it out and all the other phones in the house and it's the same with theirs. iPhones don't play as nice with the system. Plays music fine, but won't allow you to shuffle your music. Spose to be able to shuffle iphones from the screen on the car, but doesn't work, and won't even work if you try and shuffle via their phones. It just doesn't select. Seems strange to me. And if you connect them via usb as though an iPod, it still fails in a different way. Select shuffle, and it sets up a shuffle, then at the end of the song it flips straight from song to song to song. Really weird. Still has some new car warranty so I'll ring them about that.
    Get them to update the software on the entertainment system. They should do it at no charge.

That's what I was thinking! What I've just found though, is I installed Google Music on her iphone and made up a short playlist. I was then able to play the list, shuffle it, reshuffle it, and have it repeat which were three things that I couldn't do with the stock Apple music app. So maybe it's not a communication problem with the phone itself, but maybe an issue within the Apple Music app itself???

But yeah, I'll be ringing Mazda on Tuesday and see if they can sort this out.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

That's what I was thinking! What I've just found though, is I installed Google Music on her iphone and made up a short playlist. I was then able to play the list, shuffle it, reshuffle it, and have it repeat which were three things that I couldn't do with the stock Apple music app. So maybe it's not a communication problem with the phone itself, but maybe an issue within the Apple Music app itself???

But yeah, I'll be ringing Mazda on Tuesday and see if they can sort this out.
    I've got a Mazda 3 and CX5. I've had no issues with Spotify or a few other apps.

I do know that there have been issues with iPhones in particular in terms of some of the features being compatible with the entertainment systems.

I am remembering correctly, you did buy a
    Mazda, didn't you?

Yep, a 2014 6. So it doesn't have the newer MZD system from late 2014, but the previous NB1. It looks like it was spose to have a system that could specifically interact with an ipod or iphone via bluetooth or through the usb. And checking on the Mazda site, it does say when you check on system compatibility that with io6 and above the shuffle and repeat features won't work via bluetooth. And we don't care if the system can't interact with her phone. But it won't allow her to even set them on her phone. And it says nothing about the system not working with the usb, which it sounds like it should still. The car was previously owned by a business so don't know if they ever asked for system updates during services.
    In the meantime I've just logged Rob into my google music account and will create a copy of her car playlist and she can use it through that. None of it's really an issue for me as my phone works as I want it to and expected. But you know what they say about wifes?

As a die hard android user, it's actually kinda nice to see iphone compatibility get the arse in something for once though
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Diesel Mitsubishi Pajero - anyone got experience with these....Thoughts???

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    How old?

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    How old?
    From 2014 to current.

I had a Petrol Pajero and always wished it was a Diesel.

Was a fantastic car and we loved it, but we traded it in for a Landrover Discovery because the more user friendly seating arrangement (as we have 4 kids)

The only downside in those Pajeros is that the 3rd row seating comes up as a pair, so as soon as you put anyone back there, you lose the entire boot. Really dumb design. Pretty much the only reason we sold ours.
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    Can you reach the pedals in one of those?
    Golflink

WITB
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW

Quote Originally Posted by Steve57 View Post
    Special Pajelo model

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    Special Pajelo model
    Golflink

WITB
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW

Quote Originally Posted by Steve57 View Post
    I can't reach the pedals on any car....But that doesn't stop me!!!!

Thread Information