Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 31 32 33 34 35 36
    Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

I built bookshelf speakers for my ht from the Jaycar stuff, but Rob prefers the LG ones from a htib we had, and they do sound pretty ok to me too. My powered sub I built from that stuff too, though I want to rebuild the cabinet again and veneer it to match our cabinet.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Added this a while ago as a kickstart backer, but have a pair of Nura Nuraphone headphones now. They are pretty weird but I'm loving then. But I have no other decent headphones to compare them against.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    Added this a while ago as a kickstart backer, but have a pair of Nura Nuraphone headphones now. They are pretty weird but I'm loving then. But I have no other decent headphones to compare them against.
    Ooh nice. I’ve always wondered if they were any good, they always pop up as an ad on Instagram and Facebook.

I have a few sets of decent headphones but they’re for specific use.

Bose QC35’s for flying/travelling
    Shure SE315’s for working out/general
    Sennheiser HD600’s for watching movies/tv

I did contemplate going down the headphone amp route but decided I didn’t need to go that far.

Where are you at Bushy? I think there's a store in Melbourne that has them now, so you could try them for yourself, out of interest sake!
    I was a kickstart backer so got them a lot less than current retail, and I got every cable option for free too, which saved a lot! They have a 20% off code each purchaser gets which they can give out to anyone buying, and once 5 people have used you code to purchase you get a free pair!

I will say that I am one of the lucky ones who doesn't notice the in-ear part at all. It doesn't go into your ear at all (at least not mine) but just kinda seals against them. Some people have found them really annoying but they don't bother me at all.
    Some find the price a gimmick, but I'll say it works, at least for me. The biggest issue they have is they have a"generic" setting and then your "personalised" setting. But the generic is really a crap sound, like someone grabbed all the equipment faders and not just flattened them, but pushed them all the way down to the bottom. But, you're not spose to use them in generic are you, I guess.
    It was a huge purchase for us, and we kinda got swept up in the Kickstarter campaign. But they do sound incredible, not that I've got anything to compare them to as such. The bass in them is redonkulous!
    What's really interesting is any day now there is a firmware to be released, and it's expected apart from added functionality for the buttons etc, they are turning on Active Noise Cancellation!!!! So when I baked them they were just to be a normal set of headphones with a cable, and through surveys with the backers etc they added cable options of USB, Mini USB, USB C, 3.5mm and Lightning, plus they then also added BT with aptx hd, and now ANC. A bit like the gift that keeps on giving.
    I've only listened to music with them, and only via bt on my phone. I should pull out the record player! Some have said they are insane for gaming, though the mic in them is only for calls.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

That does sound interesting, would be keen to see how they turn on ANC through a software update.

I’m in Cairns, highly unlikely to be anywhere up here to try them

Yeah, think it's only one place in Melbourne, worldwide. Someone just posted over in the Reddit Forum that as part of Amazon prime day here today they have them at $120+ off.

From my understanding, all the tech was already inside them for being able to do ANC. For instance, I read write a while ago the patent info on them and they actually have 6 microphones in them. There's one in each ear for doing the hearing testing bit, but still another 4 which could be used. Obviously at least one is used for phone calls. Seems they must have just been full of tech but only utilising a portion of it.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Yeah, think it's only one place in Melbourne, worldwide. Someone just posted over in the Reddit Forum that as part of Amazon prime day here today they have them at $120+ off.

From my understanding, all the tech was already inside them for being able to do ANC. For instance, I read write a while ago the patent info on them and they actually have 6 microphones in them. There's one in each ear for doing the hearing testing bit, but still another 4 which could be used. Obviously at least one is used for phone calls. Seems they must have just been full of tech but only utilising a portion of it.
    They might be worth a look at $120 off. I’ve read a bunch of reviews and am very intrigued, but have baulked at the price, especially as I’ve never been a fan of over-the-ear phones.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Default My Home Theatre setup

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    They might be worth a look at $120 off. I’ve read a bunch of reviews and am very intrigued, but have baulked at the price, especially as I’ve never been a fan of over-the-ear phones.
    Group buy

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    You can pretty much get $100 off any time, just gotta find a discount code from someone who has them. Readily shared at Reddit Nura user group.I hadn't used any since probably the 70's. I don't use mine as much as I should. I have work mine for about 5 hours at work, and I'm not sitting around at a desk.They do have a 30 day return policy, pretty much no questions asked. You do loose the shipping though. I'd happily recommend them cept the in-ear thing is gonna be a love or hate thing. Very well made product with an insane carry case.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

This is going to sound terribly petty, but I was turned off those headphones the moment I heard they used a proprietary charger. In today's technological world you actually have to go out of your way to use a charging port that is not an industry standard, so it smells a lot like a tactic straight from the Apple playbook to me. It also means if you are 'caught out' at work or somewhere else with some dead headphones and don't have the charging cable you are stuffed.

Obviously the charger says nothing about the quality of the product itself, but those little things are always cues I use to determine what sort of company I am buying from. Sadly, proprietary charging cables in this day and age (with a plethora of suitable, cheap industry standards) is a deal-breaker.

Yeah, that was and is a big deal for many people who wanted to "love" these headphones! I'll admit, I hope I don't lose a cable. Saying that, I grabbed every one they had available (as a kickstart backer, they offered us any of the cables we wanted, meaning all of them ), so hopefully I'll be ok for a while.

When I first backed these, I thought I'd be getting headphones with great sound and a cable attached! After the fundraising period they sent out a survey asking people what sort of connections they actually would like. By the time they were released, they'd changed to adding multiple cable options (yes, I know proprietary sux) and also BT aptx hd which certainly wasn't originally on the cards. As well as the touch buttons and an app for adjustments. So in reality, as an original backer, I ended up with so much more product than I expected.

The new app and firmware update dropped today, and my headphone are updating at the moment. They've added offline functionality to the app (previously need to be connected to servers to make adjustments so better for people, say, flying). Added more functionality to the touch buttons, plus fixed up my major bug bear in that when you made adjustments to the headphones fit you would bump the buttons and have them skip songs or whatever. They've (supposedly) changed it so that if you bump the buttons while adjusting the headphones the buttons don't activate. They've added a notification when you first put them on telling you what the charge level is at (they have no led's or anything on the body of them) and I think also some sound when you connect them and start charging.

But the big thing is is that they have added ANC to them, including Social Mode so you can press a button and converse to those around you without having to take the headphones off! I find this a pretty big thing to be adding to a product which is well and truly now out in the marketplace! To me, it's the sort of feature that you add to your next product release to encourage more buying! So really, they get a huge thumbs up from me for this. And I think something like that cancels out the proprietary cable thing Henno

Ok, now been playing with them for a little while! I'm not really in an environment to really test out the ANC, and have never used other ANC headphones before. My mate has a set of Sony 1000somethings so might have to have a go with those. Enabling social mode drops the headphones volume slightly and suddenly I could here ABC News Breakfast in the background - no loud enough to understand them but if someone was beside me talking it may be ok. Tapping a button to recommence playing and the sound now does a quick fade in rather than jump starting at the original volume. I nice little add. They've made it easier to change BT sources too which was something annoying people. And add an EU volume limiter...... don't really know what that's about other than I assume it stops them going too loud. They've added a couple of extra language options for the internal voice, and you can also see your "refer a friend" status in the app (refer I think 6 people (giving them a 20% discount) and you get a free pair of Nura's.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Henno, I'm gonna be in brissie in a few weeks for the day having my teeth adjusted - maybe we can meet up and you can have a gander?
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Henno, I'm gonna be in brissie in a few weeks for the day having my teeth adjusted - maybe we can meet up and you can have a gander?
    Why not. Good excuse for a catchup and chin wag.

With no teeth in, my chin will look like it's wagging!
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Don't know if anyone would be interested, even if just to have a gander at them Nura are having some Sound Studio shops (or pop ups or something), in Melbourne and Sydney soon (and NY)
    https://www.nuraphone.com/try-buy
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Thread Information