Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 92 FirstFirst ... 41 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2278
    Senior Member Order of Merit winner
    Blog Entries

I think it was timah who's been going gaga over the Wilson FG Tours. Been using one for the last 4 rounds after finding one at rocko a few weeks ago.

Great ball, feels awesome off the irons, and seems to hold quite nicely on the short green side wedge shots as well. I put in the practice ball pocket yesterday after it was just too carved up to keep using.

Might grab a sleeve of these and see how it goes.
    long and soft

GL: 6011911179

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Yep, if it had just a smidge better durability it'd be an awesome pill.
    Cobra Fly Z+ w/ Fujikura Pro 63x
    Cobra BioCell+ 16.5* w/ Diamana D+ 72s
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro 3-PW w/ Modus 120 S
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52*/56*
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 (knuckled)

Senior Member Order of Merit winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by timah!
    Yep, if it had just a smidge better durability it'd be an awesome pill.
    I thought durability was alright. 4 rounds with a fair bit of wedge play in there can't be too bad IMO. Although, I am using the Mizuno mpr12 wedges (the conforming grooves one) so don't know if that will make a difference.
    long and soft

GL: 6011911179

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Was given a set of Hex chromes at Golfbox when I picked up my Clic gear for repair. So I got a box of blacks too.

Not used them before. I expect the Chromes would be similar to Trispeeds or Qstars. Any thoughts? I prefer the 330s but they went back up to $70.
    "I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying."
    - Woody Allen

Heaps better than either of those. Not as much spin as the iS but good enough to hold any green.

Cool good value at around $20/box in the end.
    "I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying."
    - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by idgolfguy View Post
    Was given a set of Hex chromes at Golfbox when I picked up my Clic gear for repair. So I got a box of blacks too.

Not used them before. I expect the Chromes would be similar to Trispeeds or Qstars. Any thoughts? I prefer the 330s but they went back up to $70.
    Vic, I've got a box of the Tour B330s that I won & I know I'll never play......swap for a box of Cally Chromes if you like mate.
    WITB

Lowballing since 2009!

Done! Catchup next week.
    - Woody Allen

the cally chromes seem to be the exact ball i want to play. they are resilient to my inconsistent wedge plays and cart paths, it has been consistently longer than the other balls i compared it with (cally diablo tour, wilson fg & tm burner tp), they hold up well in the wind.

there is enough spin on mid irons, usually 4-5' from pitch mark and short irons stop in their tracks. i can get them to back up on well struck wedges, even an 8i backed up on me at MGGC the other day.

my favourite part of this ball though is the way it handles the chip'n'run, which for me who misses more greens than i hit is an important part of my game. i was having trouble finding a ball with the right balance to do this for me. im not good enough to control the spin on a ball close around the greens, i would find ProV and Cally iS would sometimes check on me with my chip'n'run and the Cally diablo tour, Qstars and the likes would always just keep running. The Chrome just does the job so well for me.

i can't see myself changing any time soon. and at $29/doz at NB they are too good a price to look for another ball that can do everything this ball can.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Just scored a sleeve of Chromes through a DT bet. Looking forward to seek how they go (I've been playing Q-stars since making a comeback).

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Damn, I must be the only chop level golfer that hated the chromes.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

What didn't u like about them PD?

Blog Entries

The vibe, the feel. Just did not like how they played / sound etc. Not for me.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Do they feel like the Z-Stars ?
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Blog Entries

Nothing like em. I like the z-stars a lot.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

got any you wanna offload?

Blog Entries

a sleeve somewhere. postage would kill any deal. I will use them next time I am chopping it up badly.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Quote Originally Posted by simmsy View Post
    the cally chromes seem to be the exact ball i want to play. they are resilient to my inconsistent wedge plays and cart paths, it has been consistently longer than the other balls i compared it with (cally diablo tour, wilson fg & tm burner tp), they hold up well in the wind.

there is enough spin on mid irons, usually 4-5' from pitch mark and short irons stop in their tracks. i can get them to back up on well struck wedges, even an 8i backed up on me at MGGC the other day.

my favourite part of this ball though is the way it handles the chip'n'run, which for me who misses more greens than i hit is an important part of my game. i was having trouble finding a ball with the right balance to do this for me. im not good enough to control the spin on a ball close around the greens, i would find ProV and Cally iS would sometimes check on me with my chip'n'run and the Cally diablo tour, Qstars and the likes would always just keep running. The Chrome just does the job so well for me.

i can't see myself changing any time soon. and at $29/doz at NB they are too good a price to look for another ball that can do everything this ball can.
    Played the Chrome up until the 8th on Friday and I found the it to be exactly as described. My ability/game is similar to simmsy's (although he's hitting it very well atm)......the green side stuff is where I could never predict/control what the ProV1 & Z-Star was going to do, that combined with less distance off the tee is what finally found me on the Trispeed after a fair bit of trial & error. I still rate them but the Chrome does everything the Trispeed does but with a level of green side spin that I can work with and control. Length was very similar off the tee for me. I'm going to grab a couple dozen from NB's this week an start gaming them.
    WITB

Lowballing since 2009!

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    a sleeve somewhere. postage would kill any deal. I will use them next time I am chopping it up badly.
    I wouldn't mind giving them a try. Want to swap for something more to your liking in my ball cupboard?

Blog Entries

remind me next time i see you. I think they are just for WAnkers.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    remind me next time i see you. I think they are just for WAnkers.
    Do they make you dribble persistently then?

Junior Member Plays with an ex-hire set

I have been trying a few different balls lately trying to find one that really suits me as I'm slowly running out of Strata Tour 90 which I hit really consistently. I tried the Bridgy B330S and found it to have good distance off the tee and excellent short game although on several occasions I have had it bite and spin back off the green with a full pitching wedge. The only real down side for me is with my rotating problems when I slice one, it is gaaaaaawwwn. I tried the RXS and the Calloway Hex Black on the weekend and hit both really well with excellent distance although I hit the Black 30m further than any ball I have hit. (certain tree on a par 5 I use as a gauge. I am normally 10m short but passed it by a long way). Bad shots were more of a fade with both balls and around the green the Black was excellent and the RXS released a bit more and rolled further. Really liked the Black but I might try a Chrome to compare as they won't hurt the wallet as much.

I tried the Gamer V2 today. Good ball for the price ($20 from Squizzys). Plenty of distance off the tee and enough bite on the greens to give me reasonable distance control. Feels softer than the V1 ball. It was in pretty good nick after 18 holes and the odd tree collision thrown in.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I bought a dozen Srixon Z-Star SLs from RBG just for kicks the other week, and played the first round with one today. Was very impressed - feels (and sounds) surprisingly soft to putt with and definitely spins more with iron shots. I hit an 8 iron into a 139 metre par 3 today, and though I caught it a little thin, the damn thing landed about a metre and a half on, and sucked back onto the fringe!!! I can honestly say I've never done that before. But more importantly I hit some chips with 8 and 9 irons which really checked up nicely and I feel like I have a lot more control over what the ball's doing. And they're durable, after 18 holes the thing barely has a mark on it!

Anyway I am going to stick with them for now. I like using a new ball for each round, and don't buy second handers usually. Up till now I've been using Maxfli Noodles because at $30 for 3 dozen I thought they were an ok ball for the price but I think the ones I have left might gather dust for a while
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

plus 1 for the gamer v2s

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    I tried the Gamer V2 today. Good ball for the price ($20 from Squizzys). Plenty of distance off the tee and enough bite on the greens to give me reasonable distance control. Feels softer than the V1 ball. It was in pretty good nick after 18 holes and the odd tree collision thrown in.

Thread Information