Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 92 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 61 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by razaar View Post
    If you are slicing worse its your swing not the ball; the path of your clubhead is at odds with the face at the point of impact. Just a suggestion close the face of your club more at address. The first adjustment is always to the clubface. Once that's down pat, work on the direction of the swing. This little adjustment can take months and won't be successful until you get to fear the left side of the course.
    Your dead right Raz....funny thing is I started slicing about a month after I started using my TM burner....no idea why it started a month later and not straight away BUT I was at the range yesterday and tried a few things like (as you suggested) close the club face even more which felt really odd and I also pointed the butt of the shaft less towards my left shoulder (all this along with better hand/thumb positioning and trying to swing more inside then out).....wha'lah no slice, just a very nice slight fade on a couple of drives.....was even able to put a lot more power into it too which resulted in easy 220-230m drives with range balls.

Problem was, walked up the 1st hole, set myself up as per above, wack and the bloody thing took off to the left like a bat out of hell, no slice more a miss-it than anything but it put me off driving for the whole game....funnily enough I shot my best ever score for this 9 hole course so go figure
    Last edited by Golfnut; 10th January 2009 at 11:23 AM.
    WITB

Lowballing since 2009!

Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine

I thought the question was about the golf ball. It is true some balls spin more than others, this means they spin in all directions more than others, sidespin as well as backspin. A lower spinning ball like a NXT Extreme will slice less than a higher spinning ball like the Pro V1, this is why the companies have a range of balls, they are designed to suit a range of players.

goughy

I've been wondering about my golf ball choice for a while now! Obviously once I got into the forums and discovered all sorts of things I started to use better quality golf balls, mostly U-tri tours and Pro V1's (2nd hand of course ). But I got to thinking about the best games I've played and the best periods of my golf and what balls I was using in those days.

My best ever game was the nudgee south course years and years ago. 5 over using a Dunlop Double Ti from Big W.
    My best comp game was 6 over around City GC years ago with a cheap Srixon Spin ball. And in those days I didn't hit the ball anywhere near as far or as well as I do these days.

So, should I go back to my BigW 15balls for $20 packs?? Who knows. Not like I play much anyway.

You got me thinking goughy.......I played my most consistent games using Wilson Ultra and to a lesser extent Srixon Soft Feels. I do carry some soft feels with me for when things turn to poo....surely its physcological more than anything.....Ultra's are such hard things but they used to fly straight.
    WITB

Lowballing since 2009!

Senior Member Major Winner

different side spin on different balls are very real.
    I recently went on a launch monitor and tried 3 balls.
    Titleist NXT Tour had an average s/s of 1200rpm
    Bridgestone e6+ was 950rpm
    and the other ball was a Vision GelCoat which was way down at 550rpm.
    Greenside check on all three pills is pretty similar with the Gelcoat having more check than the NXT and the e6+ being a bit further behind.

Best thing to do would be to grab a few pills of choice and get on a launcy to see which works best for you. At the very least it will tell the mass between your ears that your using the best ball for you.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Was just watching the golf and Nick Faldo was talking about hitting a drive down one of the holes. If he hit a fade it had 3,800rpm but if he hit draw it only had 1,800rpm or thereabouts.

Ogilvy just hit a 415 yard drive by the way

Quote Originally Posted by 3oneday View Post
    Was just watching the golf and Nick Faldo was talking about hitting a drive down one of the holes. If he hit a fade it had 3,800rpm but if he hit draw it only had 1,800rpm or thereabouts.

Ogilvy just hit a 415 yard drive by the way
    Think he hit the same drive yesterday too....nice tail wind.
    WITB

Lowballing since 2009!

Quote Originally Posted by simmsy View Post
    different side spin on different balls are very real.
    I recently went on a launch monitor and tried 3 balls.
    Titleist NXT Tour had an average s/s of 1200rpm
    Bridgestone e6+ was 950rpm
    and the other ball was a Vision GelCoat which was way down at 550rpm.
    Greenside check on all three pills is pretty similar with the Gelcoat having more check than the NXT and the e6+ being a bit further behind.

Best thing to do would be to grab a few pills of choice and get on a launcy to see which works best for you. At the very least it will tell the mass between your ears that your using the best ball for you.
    Very interesting......which went further?

Tried the NXT Extreme but it pretty much did the same as the ProV1.

Anyone know where in Perth I can get onto a launch monitor?
    WITB

Lowballing since 2009!

Played the Bridgestone B330-RX today. IMO the Bridgey E5+ is a better ball; flys better, spins better, and chips & putts better. The RX isn't even close to the ProV's. Can't see this ball attracting many fans.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Played the Bridgestone B330-RX today. IMO the Bridgey E5+ is a better ball; flys better, spins better, and chips & putts better. The RX isn't even close to the ProV's. Can't see this ball attracting many fans.
    What do you think of the B330s Razaar?

Blog Entries

The RX is a good ball, but overpriced compared to the e5+. Th RX is a far nicer ball off the driver. Short game they are similar.
    Naturally grippy

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueReview View Post
    What do you think of the B330s Razaar?
    I rate the E5+ better suited to my game than the B330. I haven't got the same speed through the ball these days to really compress the B330, and I really don't feel much difference between both balls around the greens, well not on our greens anyway. I guess it comes down to horses for courses and what you can score with vs the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfnut View Post
    Very interesting......which went further?

Tried the NXT Extreme but it pretty much did the same as the ProV1.

Anyone know where in Perth I can get onto a launch monitor?

The e6+ was the longest of the 3.
    about 3yards further than the Gelcoat and about 7yards further than the NXT. There was alot more backspin off the driver with the NXT than the e6+.
    Once the Gelcoats come onto the market I will be using them due to how straight I am with them. I used the same ball for 5 rounds through Nov/Dec.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by simmsy View Post
    The e6+ was the longest of the 3.
    about 3yards further than the Gelcoat and about 7yards further than the NXT. There was alot more backspin off the driver with the NXT than the e6+.
    Once the Gelcoats come onto the market I will be using them due to how straight I am with them. I used the same ball for 5 rounds through Nov/Dec.
    that must be one hell of a durable ball I rarely have a ball last for one round as I hit them in the drink or loose them in the trees

Hi Simmsy, Happy New Year guys.

The first full production run of Gels and updated Vision balls is being set-up for March
    but I am looking for some extra test players in February for the final pre-production
    samples. If there are guys that are looking at help with their game they probly fit the bill.
    Just send me a note so I can see who is interested and I will advise directly
    when I have the balls.

The ProV/Cally Tour/B330 guys might be interested in my new project which will
    be inconjuction with a local Queensland University team of scientists on a new
    nano + urethane covered Tour Vision ball. When we have some balls to test I
    will let you know and if interested in helping me test balls just get a note to me
    at the time.

Thanks again for the support, Boz.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Boz,

Are the gel coats in the market of the mid range handicapper?
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

I'm running out of the E5's I bought last year. Is there much of a difference between the E5 and E5+?
    Has anyone seen deals on E5+?

Boz,

Right here mate - happy to put them on my Launch monitor too.

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Boz - Always interested in trying a new product mate.

Think I might head to HOG at virginia tomorrow and get some of the utri tours to try. if they match the 89 for 3 dozen on the website I will get em.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Hi Grant,

The Gel's are going to sell for around $35 a dozen.I have already dialed in the currency movements and will look at packaging savings to keep the price where
    it should work. A lot of my proshop accounts will supply them without packs at 3 for
    $10 as I want them to be seen and the POS basket set-up I have allows for this.

Performance wise they should be in the top rung of the second tier balls,there will
    be 4 versions in UV Yellow / Gel White / Silver White and UV Light Pink version.

I feel they will be easily up to speed with the NXT Tour/E5+ or E6+ / AD333 &
    Trispeed ball types with the UV + Gel balls being much more durable than any of these ball types.

Hi Virge,

Thanks for that, where you might really help is the soft wedge spin situation as
    well. I will be in touch.

Thanks Petey,

And if you are playing something like the U-Tri Tours it will make a good comparison
    with what I am trying to achieve with balls like the Gel.

Thanks guys,
    Boz.
    Last edited by TheBoz_fromOz; 12th January 2009 at 08:19 PM.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Boz,

I'm curious about the Tour Vision ball. Can you give us a little more info?

Also, do you supply the Vision balls to any retailers in Cairns?
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Blog Entries

Boz, I am very keen to try the Gel Coats and the UVX3's.
    Naturally grippy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by just View Post
    I'm running out of the E5's I bought last year. Is there much of a difference between the E5 and E5+?
    Has anyone seen deals on E5+?
    There was this one deal.... I was selling them for $2 a ball, but someone took them. They are a big improvement IMO.
    Naturally grippy

Hi Courty, I will have more info on TV-1 closer to production of the first sample
    batch,until then I wont have fully dialed in the core materials etc,,, The deal is
    to have a ball that does meet amateur players Tour ball performance requirements
    with no Tour endorsement required. I believe over time I can find enough players
    who would prefer to pay $40 a dozen and pass on the Tour validation story.

Time will tell if my timing is on the money, as I believe the days of the $65 to $95
    Tour style ball dominating the market is running out IMHO.

Rebel and Amart had balls but even they think at times I'm a bit left of centre.

Hi Adlo, No prob's I will be in touch. Cheers, Boz.
    Last edited by TheBoz_fromOz; 12th January 2009 at 10:25 PM.

I've never seen Vision balls at Cairns Rebel . Or Amart for that matter.

Thread Information