Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 59 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

That was in 2006/2007. Cost price at the time was $66.00 including GST.
    Last edited by sms316; 22nd December 2008 at 09:51 AM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

SMS, most of the Qld Acushnet team are members of my club, you will fit in here mate.

Is that your way of admitting you have no idea what you are talking about and got caughT out?

Quote Originally Posted by sms316 View Post
    That was in 2006/2007. Cost price at the time was $66.00 including GST.
    That must have been about the time Acushnet restructured its operations in Australia. Are you still employed within the golf industry?

Not any more. After 15 years I had enough of it.

Acushnet took over from International Brands in about 2003.

This is more one-sided than Stuey Griffin giving Brian a flogging when he owed him money. And SMS is on top of it for a change

Quote Originally Posted by mikezone13 View Post
    As far as balls go the TM TP balls are pretty good.. I'm a big fan of the red LDP and used to use the black non LDP when they first came out.
    Big fan of these too. That said, could happily use these or the pro v1 or the rx 330. For me they are basically identical in performance.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

any "premium" ball that I find in the trees is my favourite.

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by BrisVegas View Post
    Squizzy's has the B330-S Tour for $36 new. Is this the current/latest one mentioned on the site? http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/en/product/b330s.aspx
    Quote Originally Posted by chappy1970 View Post
    BV,
    In my experience the B330's are probably the closest to the Pro V from the Bridgestone range. I have played the B330/s before and was very pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by shazza_rs View Post
    No they aren't the same ball vegas. The ones on squizzy's are the superceded model.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrisVegas View Post
    just got a box of b330-s at amart and they look like the current ones per the bridgestone site. $39.99 They have the same pictures on the box as on the web and everything else looks the same. The circular swirl marks on the box look a little different though. Different box in our region? 2006 model? who knows? They're white, round and feel soft and will hopefully last me 18 holes each!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikezone13 View Post
    I've looked everywhere but can't find any mention of the differences between the superceded B330s and the new ones.

The boxes look different (the yellowish 'swoosh' is different) but the balls themselves look identical don't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by peter_rs View Post
    Mike I have played both new and old. The new don't mark as much but have more spin.
    Guys,

I've looked at Squizzy's & pasted the price details of the superseded & current 330s balls.

I've picked up a few dozen of the superseded 330s at super low mates rates (not from Squizzy's) & am enjoying playing them immensely. Long off the tee & a joy around the greens. I'm a bit dubious about the practical differences between new season balls & old season balls. I suspect sometimes it's more about the packaging than anything else. Some of the guys in the pro-shop at my home course reckon that if there's a practical difference with new season balls (whatever the brand) it's only a couple of metres (big deal). Any other thoughts/experiences about the 330s new/superseded balls??
    Last edited by TheTrueReview; 27th December 2008 at 12:51 AM.

Santa left me a doz Bridgestone Tour B330-RX. Sales pitch is "first tour performance ball designed for amateur swing speeds" & "softest multi-layer urethane ball on the market". This could be the one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by razaar View Post
    Santa left me a doz Bridgestone Tour B330-RX. Sales pitch is "first tour performance ball designed for amateur swing speeds" & "softest multi-layer urethane ball on the market". This could be the one.
    Razaar

I had some of these when they first were released, great ball just am waiting until they start to hit the 2nd hand market. Too pricey to be paying $60+ a dozen.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine

ProV's now cheaper in australia than the US. I don't know how they can do it, surely they have to pay the freight to get the balls here. $69 at Drummond and Pacific Golf Club equates to $45.54US and they are $45US at Edwin Watts then you need to pay freight to get them here. I don't think that is price fixing it seems Acushnet is looking after all golfers not just the US players.

Good on Drummond and good on Bridgestone & Srixon for giving us alternatives to the ProVs. Golf balls are shipped into Australia in containers; the freight component on a doz. balls or a single ball wouldn't be much. When you see a modern golf ball cut in half, it makes you wonder why we pay so much for a disposable item which obviously costs so little to make.

Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine

at my club the Srixon and Bridgestone alternatives usually finish up in the cheap ball section about three months after they are released as the pro obviously tries to recoup some of the money he has spent on these balls, I am not sure why he keeps trying their new models as they obviously don't sell, he'd be much better off just keeping the Prov's that he sells day in day out, I am sure it is the same everywhere ProV's would outsell all other ball models

Senior Member Major Winner

I got a sleeve of these as well !

I couldn't get these to spin ... I played them yesterday and whilst they were fine out of the good lies... the heaviers lies left me wanting some extra grip. BUT - we have 2 couch greens and they spun on those without any problem at all.

Sensational ball flight and the ball has lasted 36 holes without any major marks - Prefer the Nike black or Plats for days with stupidly fast greens.

Pity - I was really looking forward to these.

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

Just bought myself a couple dozen Precept U-Tri Tours, they have been my favorite ball forever but they are getting hard to find.
    Might go back and stock up on some more

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I've had two rounds in a row with the same ProV1. That can't be a bad thing, but I how will they go if I'm playing bad. I've still got plenty of U-tri Tours left anyway.

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Where are you getting the U-Tri Tours? The magic ball that is not being made anymore but apparently is?

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I've had a bunch of 2nd hand U-tri tours in surplus for 18 to 24 months now. I don't lose that many balls, and I bought a batch of E5/6s as well. I think I must have about 2 dozen left.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    Where are you getting the U-Tri Tours? The magic ball that is not being made anymore but apparently is?
    Have seen them pop up in sales recently, maybe they are in production for Japan. We may be getting leftovers.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Precept Utri Tours for $39 a dozen at Powergolf in Sydney just before Christmas
    H'cap start 06 - 15 - Goal 06 - 10 - End 06 - 15
    H'cap start 07 - 15 - Goal 07 - 12 - End 07 - 10
    H'cap start 08 - 10 - Goal 08 - 9 - Now - 11 (10.5) - Best 9.1
    MIKE Link - OLD
    MIKE Link - NEW
    THE Bag

"I have always wanted to live where one could practice shots in one's pyjamas before breakfast"
    Alister MacKenzie

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

... When you see a modern golf ball cut in half, it makes you wonder why we pay so much for a disposable item which obviously costs so little to make.
    A couple of years ago, I read a magazine article on this. Most golf balls that don't meet tolerances, presentation, etc. in the manufacturing cycle, can be pulped, separated and recycled. The materials in the ProV can't be re-used, which combined with the tight tolerances of a thin cover and customer quality expections for a premium priced product, means there is a lot more wastage.

Admittedly, this was the response from an Acushnet manufacturing VP or PR, so take it with a grain of salt.

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    The House of Golf at Virginia Pete, a mate of mine owns the joint so I get a special price He is one of the biggest Bridgestone stockers in Brisbane so he always has them.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Eag's View Post
    The House of Golf at Virginia Pete, a mate of mine owns the joint so I get a special price He is one of the biggest Bridgestone stockers in Brisbane so he always has them.
    any chance of an ozgolf group buy eag's?

Thread Information