Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 58 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I am a bit sceptical over the HX Tours/56. the guy i get my golf balls from said that they cannot supply these ballls 'as new' because they always have so many scuff marks on them. in other words durability is crap

Has something changed, they got a new cover now?
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Has something changed, they got a new cover now?
    My Pro shop had the new Tour i ball in stock (the i is the replacement for the HX56) so I grabbed a sleeve and used one for the 2nd 9.

I probably didn't clatter it around as many trees on the back nine, but it felt great and didn't mark at all. I think it is actually an improvement on the 56, but I'll give it a couple more rounds firstly

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    Got my balls from Squizzy's. Got a dozen of each of the following to trial to see what I feel most comfortable with.
    • Srixon Tri-speed
    • Nike Super Soft
    • Bridgestone E6+
    Will see how they go.
    What is the verdict Grunt?

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

E6+ winning at the moment
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Blog Entries

Thought so. It'll win the race.

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

E6 is a top ball, it may not have the spin of the Prov's or other topline balls but love the soft feel off the putter face and when chipping

i used one of these E6's today. felt very good.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Blog Entries

E6 or the new E6+?
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

Blog Entries

They are both good balls, but the e6+ is better...

Blog Entries

Am playing the + ball too. Next game will see the Srixon get another run.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

it was the E6+ - sorry didnt know there was a difference.

I dont know what sort of ball its supposed to be though. i just grabbed a handful off the club pro he said they would be ok in the wet. and he was right, they held the fairways quite well.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Blog Entries

Its a 3 piece ball aimed at reducing side spin. Same market as NXT, Trispeed, AD333 etc.

Blog Entries

After the trial period, I have decided that the Bridgestone E6+ is the ball for me. Anyone like the Nike Soft Feel or Srixon Tri-speed? I have 10 of each that I will not use until the E6+ dry up. Willing to sell cheap will even throw in some other balls to make up the Dozen. Have some other New Balls lying around from ball comps.
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

I have just switched back to Pro V1's and have about 3/4 dozen left. After those, I will be certain to give the E6+ a try. I have generally always liked Bridgey balls.
    WITB: TBA

Just got a dozen e6+ upon your recommendations .

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Started my playing career with Ultra's but I really had no idea about softness/spin etc... then switched to Optimas for a few games and then the green Srixon Soft Feels which i've sworn by up until I had the balls to try a ProV1's....all I can say is I love em. Have got an e6 in the bag that I might give a go this friday, they seem to be popular atm.

Played a couple of rounds with a Nike Platinum one (or is that One Platinum).....

Is this actually possible?....I found my drives had less fade/slice than usual....it also felt very nice off my Sumo's, I wasn't expecting to feel much difference compared to the Z-URS's or the ProV1's but if just felt more solid/full at impact.....I do remember Virge saying something about playing the ball brand that matches the clubs but then again it could just be a case of the old placebo effect. Considering this is the area I need to improve on the most, there's a chance I might be onto something here.
    Greenside stuff also felt very nice.....might give a dozen a go next purchase.

Anyone else play these?
    WITB

Lowballing since 2009!

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Golfnut View Post
    Played a couple of rounds with a Nike Platinum one (or is that One Platinum).....

Is this actually possible?....I found my drives had less fade/slice than usual....it also felt very nice off my Sumo's, I wasn't expecting to feel much difference compared to the Z-URS's or the ProV1's but if just felt more solid/full at impact.....I do remember Virge saying something about playing the ball brand that matches the clubs but then again it could just be a case of the old placebo effect. Considering this is the area I need to improve on the most, there's a chance I might be onto something here.
    Greenside stuff also felt very nice.....might give a dozen a go next purchase.

Anyone else play these?
    One Platinums are nice. I have been trialling balls and have both One Black and One Plat. the Black is the long distance, the Plat is the high spin ball.
    I was using the Black at Glades and went to a Cally Tour i and at one point (last hole). Near on spun me off the green with a 7 iron. I find the Black has probably not enough spin on the greens at Bribie Is, so will try a Plat or Tour i next time I play there.

These new balls are a minefield, but seems if you have really soft greens you can get away with the long distance ball as you get heaps of bite from the green anyway. On harder greens swap over to a high spin ball like the Platinum or ProV1 style.
    Cheers
    Craig

[<a href=http://i.imgur.com/q7UYKtc.jpg target=_blank><u><font size=2><font color=#0000ff><font size=2><font color=#0000ff>http://i.imgur.com/q7UYKtc.jpg</font></font></font></font></u></a>

WITB
    G30 LS 10.5* Attas5; Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood; Adams Proto DHY Super 18*/21*Kurokage; Cally Apex Pro 4-PW Steelfibre 110cw; Sky Dream Jump 51*; TVD 60* and Odyssey Black Series #1

Blog Entries

I have been giving the TM LDP TP Black's a go. Saw some robot testing they did in the US for a 90mph driver and equivalent SW swing. It was the longest ball tested by 3-4 yards and had good spin (not crazy spin). Rumour had it that is was decent into the wind too.

So far so good. Definitely more distance, quite good short game and a nice feeling golf ball. Not mushy feeling.
    Naturally grippy

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by adlo View Post
    I have been giving the TM LDP TP Black's a go. Saw some robot testing they did in the US for a 90mph driver and equivalent SW swing. It was the longest ball tested by 3-4 yards and had good spin (not crazy spin). Rumour had it that is was decent into the wind too.

So far so good. Definitely more distance, quite good short game and a nice feeling golf ball. Not mushy feeling.
    As far as balls go the TM TP balls are pretty good.. I'm a big fan of the red LDP and used to use the black non LDP when they first came out.
    H'cap start 06 - 15 - Goal 06 - 10 - End 06 - 15
    H'cap start 07 - 15 - Goal 07 - 12 - End 07 - 10
    H'cap start 08 - 10 - Goal 08 - 9 - Now - 11 (10.5) - Best 9.1
    MIKE Link - OLD
    MIKE Link - NEW
    THE Bag

"I have always wanted to live where one could practice shots in one's pyjamas before breakfast"
    Alister MacKenzie

My favourite ball is the Prov1; my least favourite golf company is acushnet because they vigorously control the retail price of the ProV balls in Australia. In this context I refuse to play with anything made by acushnet. If more golfers took a similar stance we might see a reduction in price of the ProV, comparable to what US residents pay. Have you ever wondered why there are never any specials on Prov's (even when the seamless ball emerged on the Oz market); I know I have.

Quote Originally Posted by razaar View Post
    My favourite ball is the Prov1; my least favourite golf company is acushnet because they vigorously control the retail price of the ProV balls in Australia. In this context I refuse to play with anything made by acushnet. If more golfers took a similar stance we might see a reduction in price of the ProV, comparable to what US residents pay. Have you ever wondered why there are never any specials on Prov's (even when the seamless ball emerged on the Oz market); I know I have.
    Acushnet do not control the price of ProV1. The retailers know that it is way out in front at #1 in terms of sales, so why would they discount the price?

Acushnet will not, however, allow advertising prices of their products (including quotes over the phone). If you walk into your pro shop and tell them that you can get a dozen for $75 then I'm sure they would match it.

SMS..have a chat to your local Titleist distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by razaar View Post
    SMS..have a chat to your local Titleist distributor.
    Umm... I was a local Titleist distributor. At no time was I ever pressured to maintain a price. In fact, whenever our open tournament was on, we used to put ProV1 on sale. We figured we were only taking sales away from the home clubs of those visitors.

BTW - we sold them for $75/doz. Standard price was $89/doz.

Well there you go $75.00...if that is not controlling the retail price.....and was this when AUD = 90+cents US. ProV's at that time were selling well under US$40.00 per doz retail in the USA and are still under $40.00 today. Even with shipping and GST we are paying 100% plus more than US golfers.

Thread Information