Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 92 FirstFirst ... 36 76 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2278
    Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    I found one of those, but i lost it
    Did you check the hole??

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Picked up my free 2 pack of Taylormade PIX golf balls from Drummonds yesterday and put them in play this morning. Felt nice off the face driver and irons but the pattern confused the heck out of me trying to putt. (Strange because I don't have a problem with truvis balls.) Missed three relatively short putts, tried drawing a line on (usually have a line), but did no good. Went back to a plain ball and putting improved. Not for me!

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Sad times, but I finally ran out of Precept U-Tri Tours, so I have been working my way through various other balls that I have found or won sleeves of over the years. I've been balls such as Snells, TM TP5s, and I'm currently using Pro V1x. They are going to run out soon, so now I'm shopping around for a ball to buy. Sounds like the Q Star Tour could be a good ball at the right price.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Sad times, but I finally ran out of Precept U-Tri Tours, so I have been working my way through various other balls that I have found or won sleeves of over the years. I've been balls such as Snells, TM TP5s, and I'm currently using Pro V1x. They are going to run out soon, so now I'm shopping around for a ball to buy. Sounds like the Q Star Tour could be a good ball at the right price.
    Andy the QStar Tour is good but you get more action with the Z Star XV. Im currently using these as a backup to my main ball the Bridgestone X that is super dooper long (no wonder Bryson is hitting it 400 now!)

Quote Originally Posted by thecollective View Post
    Andy the QStar Tour is good but you get more action with the Z Star XV. Im currently using these as a backup to my main ball the Bridgestone X that is super dooper long (no wonder Bryson is hitting it 400 now!)
    I'm not keen on spending $50 per dozen though. I don't need to be anymore angry about losing a ball. Maybe I could look at the used ball avenue, like I used to. It really has been a long time since I purchased any balls.

Senior Member Major Winner

Personally, I'd be giving Q-Star tours a wide berth...

https://mygolfspy.com/ball-lab-srixo...f-ball-review/

I'm not keen on spending $50 per dozen though. I don't need to be anymore angry about losing a ball. Maybe I could look at the used ball avenue, like I used to. It really has been a long time since I purchased any balls.
    If you can hold off until early next year I reckon they will drop the pants out of the price to make way for a new Z Star model.

In the cheapie market not sure you can go past the Forte SS2 two dozen deal @ GCO, use the ytp019 code to get a further 10 points

benno, that report is enough to steer away from all Srixon.

I don't know anything about Forte, except their previous spam attempts here. I'd like to get some balls before SA Champs. Is GCO the go to for buying balls? It seems cheaper than golfbox.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

I'd be waiting for a response from Srixon before taking the MGS "review' as gospel. I've been playing the Q Star Tour since they came out and it's a terrific ball with which I have had zero issues. The only thing I don't like about the latest version is the thicker line on the ball for supposed alignment, which is unsightly and unnecessary.

benno, that report is enough to steer away from all Srixon.

I don't know anything about Forte, except their previous spam attempts here. I'd like to get some balls before SA Champs. Is GCO the go to for buying balls? It seems cheaper than golfbox.
    Forte are fine; I believe they are made in the same factory as Vice in Taiwan. Im happy to be proven wrong but I believe that Taiwan golf ball factory does production runs for alot of the cheaper niche brand balls (Snell, Vice, Forte etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    Personally, I'd be giving Q-Star tours a wide berth...https://mygolfspy.com/ball-lab-srixo...f-ball-review/
    I saw that. I've still got 2 boxes of the previous model QStar Tours at home and was thinking of getting some of the current model during the Golfbox sale. I'm not sure what I'll go to now but it will be interesting to see Srixon's response.
    Last edited by Dcanto; 26th October 2020 at 12:34 PM.

Interesting read, thanks for sharing Benno, top stuff.

Callaway had some recent issues with the Chrome Soft. I think the push for mass production in order to compete with the emerging market of badge engineered brands has resulted in some production flaws.

I saw a similar trend in the musical instrument market particularly during the boom period of the early 2000's
    Last edited by thecollective; 26th October 2020 at 12:21 PM. Reason: shit grammar

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Webster View Post
    I'd be waiting for a response from Srixon before taking the MGS "review' as gospel. I've been playing the Q Star Tour since they came out and it's a terrific ball with which I have had zero issues. The only thing I don't like about the latest version is the thicker line on the ball for supposed alignment, which is unsightly and unnecessary.
    I really like the ball

Haven't had any issues, may not have noticed them if I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcanto View Post
    I saw that. I've still got 2 boxes of the previous model QStar Tours at home and was thinking of getting some of the current model during the Golfbox sale. I'm not sure what I'll go to now but it will be interesting to see Srixon's response.
    How have you found the QStar Tours you’ve been using?

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    How have you found the QStar Tours you’ve been using?
    So far no issues that I've come across. Although, the version I have is the model prior to the current one which may, or may not, be relevant.
    Last edited by Dcanto; 26th October 2020 at 01:54 PM.

It could be a result of a single batch production run that was bad, hence it only impacts the US and no where else. I have only tried the previous generation Q-Star Tour and like the above, no problems

Is the difference the ones made in Japan compared to the ones made in Indonesia?

Is the difference the ones made in Japan compared to the ones made in Indonesia?
    I think that's what the mygolfspy article said - qstars made in Indonesia, zstars made in Japan. Z-stars are a much better ball (at least for me) when you can get them for ~$40/dozen from golfbox with a 10% code.

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    I think that's what the mygolfspy article said - qstars made in Indonesia, zstars made in Japan. Z-stars are a much better ball (at least for me) when you can get them for ~$40/dozen from golfbox with a 10% code.
    I haven't had any Z stars that were made in Japan for a long time. All the ones at work are also made in Indonesia.

QStar Tour purchase. Living on the edge.

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Rebel without a cause.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

FWIW, Playing Z Stars and Kirkland Signature at the moment.

Z stars, no contest. Kirkland, the way I play are long and wayward, like a cheap ball - but they feel like a premium ball, probably due to the urethane cover. That said, I'm no expert, what do I know..

Member Trainee Pro

Has anyone tried the seed ball? Irish company following the lines of vice by online sales only i think.
    Happiness is a long walk with a putter.

Quote Originally Posted by rickie prowler View Post
    Has anyone tried the seed ball? Irish company following the lines of vice by online sales only i think.
    Made in Taiwan, might as well purchase the Forte, cheaper and made in the same factory from the same materials

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

I have 6 dozen of the Snell MTB-X balls on the way. For me its been a great ball, durable, as long as any premium ball that I've hit and spins around the greens, feels great off the putter too. By buying 6 dozen it works out to be $42 per dozen which is great value to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YSSqYvnXnw&t=654s

Thread Information